At least 3 dead after gunman opens fire at Lafayette, La. movie theater

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
At least 3 dead after gunman opens fire at Lafayette, La. movie theater

DEVELOPING: A gunman killed two people and injured seven others late Thursday when he opened fire in a Lafayette, La. movie theater before turning the gun on himself, the city's police chief said.

Chief Jim Craft told a news conference that authorities had identified the shooter as a 58-year-old white man, but did not release his name, citing the ongoing investigation. Craft later said that the gunman had a criminal record, but had not been in trouble with the law recently. He did not elaborate, adding that no motive had been established.

The chief added that the conditions of the injured victims ranged from critical to non-life-threatening and their ages ranged from the late-teens to early-60s. Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal said that one victim had been released from a local hospital.

At a second news conference late Thursday, authorities said they had found the gunman's vehicle with a suspicious package inside. A bomb squad and hazmat team had been called in to assist and the area near the theater was evacuated. Colonel Mike Edmonson of the Louisiana State Police said that there are no other suspects apart from the deceased shooter.

The gunman opened fire with a handgun at the Grand 16 Theatre in Lafayette, approximately 40 miles east of Baton Rouge. Authorities said approximately 100 people were inside the theater at the time.

The shooting happened about 20 minutes into a 7 p.m. showing of the movie "Trainwreck," according to The Daily Advertiser, which quoted theatergoer Katie Domingue.
(read more at link)

Prayers for the victims and their families, looks like a copycat killer after James Holmes who shot people at a theatre in colorado, in which it was decided today in that case that the death penalty can be saught. Colo. theater shooting jurors say death penalty can be considered

shagster01

I never understand this stuff.

The guy could have shot himself at home, but he had to drag others into it. Sad.

Nazaroo

I never understand this stuff.

The guy could have shot himself at home, but he had to drag others into it. Sad.

Its about anger, and he had planned to escape, like the other white boy.

This is a copycat killing, inspired by the sentencing which brought the
previous one back into the news.

Why oh why don't these morons shoot lawyers or politicians, or ?

Why is it always innocent people?

Because these scum are real cowards, looking for excuses for their
marginalization and failure. They are careless in who they blame.

Some of them are indeed ripped off and persecuted by the agendas
of powerful special interest groups, like feminazis and pedophile-lawyers.
But they refuse to take on the real criminals, and just go for easy targets.

shagster01

He was a white Tea Party member. . . So of course the media is calling him a "shooter" and "drifter," but not a "terrorist."

rexlunae

Why would he be labeled a "terrorist"? :idunno:

A terrorist is a person who uses violence or intimidation in pursuit of political aims. This guy seems to have been motivated by a resistance to the rights of women and minorities, which sounds to me like a political aim. He was also probably suffering from various mental illnesses as well, but the political motive makes it terrorism by definition.

Nazaroo

Apparently the guy had a history of violence and mental illness. So of course he was able to get a gun. We don't believe in preventing that sort of thing in this country.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...user-history-mental-illness-article-1.2303207

Once again I'm proven right about the perverseness of lawyers:

SCUMBAG LAWYER
Houser earned a law degree from Faulkner University in Alabama in 1998, the school confirmed Friday.
On his LinkedIn page, the 59-year-old described a storied career: He owned two bars in Georgia, flipped properties in Alabama and once persuaded 685 people to buy T-shirts from a phony weightlifting federation, he claimed.

So he was a boozing lawyer who probably was dealing in other drugs
besides alcohol. Scumbag.

How ironic: I previously asked:

"Why oh why don't these morons shoot lawyers or politicians, or ? "...

Answer: he IS a lawyer!

Nazaroo

Houser is a German name, and its no surprise that
the "bar" he ran was a Nazi hangout, which he openly advertized:

nazibar.jpg

So, Nazi Lawyer!

popsthebuilder

Its about anger, and he had planned to escape, like the other white boy.

This is a copycat killing, inspired by the sentencing which brought the
previous one back into the news.

Why oh why don't these morons shoot lawyers or politicians, or ?

Because these scum are real cowards, looking for excuses for their
marginalization and failure. They are careless in who they blame.

Some of them are indeed ripped off and persecuted by the agendas
of powerful special interest groups, like feminazis and pedophile-lawyers.
But they refuse to take on the real criminals, and just go for easy targets.
They do it in hopes of opening the eyes of society to the daily atrocities of our life away from the path of the righteous. It is a terrible thing. Maybe one day steeple will open their eyes to the manipulation they are pinned under.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Apparently the guy had a history of violence and mental illness. So of course he was able to get a gun. We don't believe in preventing that sort of thing in this country.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...user-history-mental-illness-article-1.2303207

There are reports that, if confirmed show that he posted on several right-wing message boards about, according to CNN, his "fear of gays," the "media black/block vote," and "the demise of white America," and his appreciation for Westboro Baptist Church.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...Why oh why don't these morons shoot lawyers or politicians, or?

:plain: Or religious leaders. Because we have a number of documented cases of child abuse from that group and that's all we need, right?

Because these scum are real cowards, looking for excuses for their marginalization and failure.
And/or they're just evil. And/or they're crazy.

They are careless in who they blame.
Carelessness is a very bad thing when it comes to aiming a weapon, or an argument.

Your fixation on lawyers, for instance, isn't rational, is about as careless and sounds potentially violent.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Houser is a German name, and its no surprise that
the "bar" he ran was a Nazi hangout, which he openly advertized:

nazibar.jpg

So, Nazi Lawyer!

In 2001, he lost his liquor license for Rusty's Pub in LaGrange, Georgia, for serving minors, according to public documents from the city.

In response, Houser hanged a flag with a swastika approximately the size of a bed sheet on the building where the pub operated, according to a local law enforcement official.

According to the official, Houser indicated it was in response to his belief that law enforcement, the city and the courts were behaving as if they were a Nazi regime.​

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/us/louisiana-theater-shooter/index.html

Nazaroo

nazibar.jpg

So, Nazi Lawyer!
In 2001, he lost his liquor license for Rusty's Pub
in LaGrange, Georgia, for serving minors

So I forgot: Nazi Lawyer PEDOPHILE.

Most will note however that pedophile is included in 'lawyer'.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, Nazi Lawyer!
I thought someone just said he used the Nazi bit as a criticism of the city that closed him. So likely not a Nazi. Also, I think he received a degree from a then unaccredited school and I don't know that he ever took or passed the Bar exam, which is what you have to do to actually be a lawyer. The degree is a rough doctorate plus, in terms of hours put in, but that's about it.

In 2001, he lost his liquor license for Rusty's Pub
in LaGrange, Georgia,for serving minors

So I forgot: Nazi Lawyer PEDOPHILE.
So your definition of a pedophile is someone who makes a buck selling beer to teenagers? :plain:

Most will note however that pedophile is included in 'lawyer'.
Is that in the Merriam Webster Unhinged Edition? :poly:

rexlunae

Once again I'm proven right about the perverseness of lawyers:

SCUMBAG LAWYER
Houser earned a law degree from Faulkner University in Alabama in 1998, the school confirmed Friday.
On his LinkedIn page, the 59-year-old described a storied career: He owned two bars in Georgia, flipped properties in Alabama and once persuaded 685 people to buy T-shirts from a phony weightlifting federation, he claimed.

So he was a boozing lawyer who probably was dealing in other drugs
besides alcohol. Scumbag.

How ironic: I previously asked:

"Why oh why don't these morons shoot lawyers or politicians, or ? "...

Answer: he IS a lawyer!

Someone let out the crazy. Wow Naz, I almost feel like I need to try to get you help.

rexlunae

There are reports that, if confirmed show that he posted on several right-wing message boards about, according to CNN, his "fear of gays," the "media black/block vote," and "the demise of white America," and his appreciation for Westboro Baptist Church.

I wouldn't want to put that all on the whole of the Right. Parts of the right definitely dip their feet in a big bowl of crazy, but this guy seems like a distant outlier so far. What I will say though is that some of the rhetoric undoubtedly contributed to his state of mind and his choice of targets.