Ask Sherman

Right Divider

Body part
I know that this might be a tough one... but is there any possibility to replace the old emojis in message with their new equivalent?

When we read many older messages, we see things like :thumb: which no longer works.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That will take a while. Firstly I will have to find them again, and then install them again. There's a way to reinstall the old smilies, but that will take time.

Reactions: Lon

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The lifetime member badge is a carry over from the old board. It's up to owner of they roll that out again. Users that contributed 500 dollars to the upkeep of the site got that badge.
I understand that ... though honoring the agreement of the previous paid members would add the incentive for continued monetary support for the site.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is why I reinstalled the badge. The stuff with the smilies I will be discussing in staff meetings. There's over 100 of them. So it will take a while to round them all up again and match the codes they had.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
1) Does that mean that certain privileged members were able to read the read the reports of other less privileged members? That does not seem good at all. That is fuel for back-channel plots and conspiracies to be formed. I am glad that is gone if that was indeed the case.

2) How do I get a Lifetime Member badge and a Hall of Fame badge?
The lifetime member badge is a carry over from the old board. It's up to owner of they roll that out again. Users that contributed 500 dollars to the upkeep of the site got that badge.

How about a Hall of Fame badge.

Also, maybe you should send out selected emails to previous "good" posters. getting them to come back.
  • The Berean
  • Jerry Shugart
  • glorydaz
  • glassjester
. . . just to name a few. They seem pretty cool

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is being worked on - sending Email invites. That is being discussed.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
If you are going to have a "MidActs Dispensationalism" where me and others are locked out of, then there should also be a "Catholicism" section where we to can have friendly respectful conversations.

After all, there are more Catholics then there are all other Christians COMBINED. Let's get some representation.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You have to ask to join that section, then once in you have to be respectful - no insults. The rules on that board are very strict. This is not a Catholic website. Those two boards represent the views of the board owner. This is his playground, so you have to play by his rules.

Lon

Take time on this one (nothing pressing with all the other needs on forum).

1) is there a way to 'manage' Conversations like deleting a few?
2) Do we need to do so? Is there still a bandwidth/storage issue?
3) Does XenForo have tutorials that might cover some of this so you aren't reinventing the wheel?

(nothing pressing nor in immediate need of response and thanks).

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take time on this one (nothing pressing with all the other needs on forum).

1) is there a way to 'manage' Conversations like deleting a few?
2) Do we need to do so? Is there still a bandwidth/storage issue?
3) Does XenForo have tutorials that might cover some of this so you aren't reinventing the wheel?

(nothing pressing nor in immediate need of response and thanks).
Some of the older platforms had a way for me to delete conversations for you that you started. I will look into that.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just cleared out your box of conversations that you started. Now all you have to do is get rid of the ones that were sent to you by others.

Reactions: Lon

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I sent you a PM about the issue See the PM. You can use that info to get into your account. - you can't you view the PM box?

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I sent an Email to the email on the account since you can't see the PM.