Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berean Todd

Knight, why do you have to be such a horses rear whenever anyone disagrees with you on Open Theism? There's a question mark. Here's another one - what's your interpretation of those passages?

Tye Porter

Originally posted by Berean Todd

Knight, why do you have to be such a horses rear whenever anyone disagrees with you on Open Theism? There's a question mark. Here's another one - what's your interpretation of those passages?
:thumb:

AROTO

Now that is two questions. I for one want to know the answer for the first one about the horses rear!:eek:

godrulz

Hall of Fame
The verses merit an Open View perspective (assuming the question is sincere and a stumbling block for non-OVers).

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Knight, why do you have to be such a horses rear whenever anyone disagrees with you on Open Theism? There's a question mark.
If being right makes me a horses rear.... than so be it. :p
Here's another one - what's your interpretation of those passages?
Acts 17:26 “And He has made from one blood every nation of men to dwell on all the face of the earth, and has determined their preappointed times and the boundaries of their dwellings,

God made all of us, He made our dwelling places... i.e., earth, heaven and hell - those are our boundaries! Therefore the verse means just what it says!

Furthermore.... the next verse defeats pre-determinism....

Acts 17:27 “so that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

In the hope??? God "hopes" that we might grope for Him and find Him! What an awesome verse for the open view - thanks Todd!

In other words... God made us in a way so that we seek Him. It would be illogical for God to want us to seek Him and then predetermine that some would not seek Him.

Next "question"...
Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Again.... it's always good to read the verse in context.

Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance,

God knows us from the very beginning, and God is telling us through David that He knows us through and through and there is nothing we can hide from Him...

Psalms 139:1 O LORD, You have searched me and known me.

Psalms 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.

Therefore explaining...
Psalms 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed

And then...
And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Again God has a plan for all of us, and we should follow it. We have the ability to NOT follow God's ways as we learn in Proverbs 3:5 and Proverbs chapter 16 as you so nicely pointed out to us last week.

God has fashioned our days and God will even direct our steps!

The real question is.... will we follow Him or will we not?

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Knight

Ya know it's really frustrating sometimes when you ask people seemingly simple questions and you get no response or some long drawn out response that isn't much more than pure obfuscation.

I always try to answer questions asked of me with simple direct answers.

Therefore I give you....

ASK KNIGHT! :knight:

Ask me anyhting you want and I promise to give you a short direct answer.

Is this like a Mrs. Cleo thing?

If so,
will my new born son play forward for the AV's or the Sen's?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by rfburnhertz

Is this like a Mrs. Cleo thing?

If so,
will my new born son play forward for the AV's or the Sen's?
:think: I see.... soccer..... :noid: :nono:

rfburnhertz

Repent Leo, repent
Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Re: Re: Re: Ask Knight!

Originally posted by Knight

:think: I see.... soccer..... :noid: :nono:

Soccer...?
Someone shake the magic 8-ball,
it seems to be broken.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally posted by brother Willi

Knight
How many BTUs worth of furnace do I need to buy to warm it up outside????
That would depend on how cold "outside" is.... and how "warm" you want it to be.

P.S. I don't know. :D

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Knight:

You have a very unusual last name. How do you spell it? Is it of German origin?

Status
Not open for further replies.