Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Has anyone else accidently unsubscribed to a thread because they went to click the 'last page' link and missed and hit 'unsubscribe' instead? How about adding a confirmation to the 'unsubscibe' link? You know, have it ask "Are you sure you want to remove this thread from you subscribed list?" or something along those lines.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
Has anyone else accidently unsubscribed to a thread because they went to click the 'last page' link and missed and hit 'unsubscribe' instead? How about adding a confirmation to the 'unsubscibe' link? You know, have it ask "Are you sure you want to remove this thread from you subscribed list?" or something along those lines.
Clete... did I fix the issues you were having?

I made some changes... so let me know.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Knight said:
Clete... did I fix the issues you were having?

I made some changes... so let me know.

:BRAVO:

I think you may be on the way to having the perfect web site! :first:

PureX

Knight,

Are you, or any of the other administrators here deleting posts? Also, are you or any of the other administrators reading private messages? I'm curious because I think one of my posts has vanished, and I don't recall deleting it myself.

I don't have the greatest memory, however, that's why I'm curious.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PureX said:
Knight,

Are you, or any of the other administrators here deleting posts? Also, are you or any of the other administrators reading private messages? I'm curious because I think one of my posts has vanished, and I don't recall deleting it myself.

I don't have the greatest memory, however, that's why I'm curious.
We prune old threads a few times a year.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PureX said:
Thanks. Are other members able to delete our posts? - Is that a part of the new TOL membership packages?
No.

Only admin's and mods can delete posts. And they will only delete a post if there is a good reason.

Subscribers can delete their OWN posts but not the posts of others.

PureX

Knight said:
No.

Only admin's and mods can delete posts. And they will only delete a post if there is a good reason.

Subscribers can delete their OWN posts but not the posts of others.
Thanks, I don't mean to be a pest. Will they tell me if they delete one of my posts?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
PureX said:
Thanks, I don't mean to be a pest. Will they tell me if they delete one of my posts?
When we prune old posts we normally don't tell anyone. It's basically part of the maintenance we do around here.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Goode Sir Knight...

It may have evaded your notice, but you misspelled the non-theist choice in the "religious affiliation" section.

The word is "atheist" not "athiest". ;)

"'i' before 'e', except after 'c'; or when used in greek words like "theist"... :chuckle:

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Zakath said:
Goode Sir Knight...

It may have evaded your notice, but you misspelled the non-theist choice in the "religious affiliation" section.

The word is "atheist" not "athiest". ;)
Ooops! Good call.

I fixed it but you may need to go back into your user CP and select it again to fix your profile.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
What are the parameters for the giving of reputation points? I've tried to give some points to some people more than once but it won't let me because it says I have to give some rep points to others before giving any more to them. Is it set up on a time thing where I have to wait a week in between giving rep point to the same user a second time or to I have to give rep points to 5 other people before it lets me or what?

kerryjean

When I want to quote myself, and someone else (box inside a box), how do I do that?

quote quote quote quote

I can't figure it out.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
kerryjean said:
When I want to quote myself, and someone else (box inside a box), how do I do that?

quote quote quote quote

I can't figure it out.
You mean like this?

The above was done like this (without the spaces in the [ quote]).....

• [ QUOTE=kerryjean]When I want to quote myself, and someone else (box inside a box), how do I do that?

quote quote quote quote

I can't figure it out.
    [ quote]You mean like this?[/quote][/QUOTE]

Capitalizing doesn't do anything I just did it that way to differenciate the two sets of quotes.
Got it?

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Clete said:
What are the parameters for the giving of reputation points? I've tried to give some points to some people more than once but it won't let me because it says I have to give some rep points to others before giving any more to them. Is it set up on a time thing where I have to wait a week in between giving rep point to the same user a second time or to I have to give rep points to 5 other people before it lets me or what?
If I told you..... I would have to kill you.

Status
Not open for further replies.