Ask Knight (Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

voltaire

BANNED
Banned
Knight, do you have a link to a page that gives a listing of all the smilies and the alphanumeric characters needed to produce them?

Imagine

Hey Knight, not sure if I should post this here or not, but I didn't feel the need to open a whole new thread for this. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a problem with TOL in general or if it's just me and my computer. I keep getting a database error page or when I try to open a link/thread, it just comes back as a blank page, and I have to refresh a few times before I get the page to open.

Any feedback?

fool

Hall of Fame
Hey Knight, not sure if I should post this here or not, but I didn't feel the need to open a whole new thread for this. Anyway, I was wondering if there was a problem with TOL in general or if it's just me and my computer. I keep getting a database error page or when I try to open a link/thread, it just comes back as a blank page, and I have to refresh a few times before I get the page to open.

Any feedback?

Same here
I get the "Cannot open the page" page and then about once a day i get "cannot process request server has sent a malformed header"

My head has a few dents in it but calling it malformed is down right rude.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight found a squirrel's nest inside one of the servers. As a charter member of PETA, his "code of conduct" prohibits him from touching the nest, fearing that he may damage the little babies somehow. So he's letting it run its course. Unfortunately for all of us, those little squirrels get to nibbling on circuits and it starts causing problems.

Be patient until they grow up and leave the nest. Then he can clean out the server and restore order.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Knight found a squirrel's nest inside one of the servers. As a charter member of PETA, his "code of conduct" prohibits him from touching the nest, fearing that he may damage the little babies somehow. So he's letting it run its course. Unfortunately for all of us, those little squirrels get to nibbling on circuits and it starts causing problems.

Be patient until they grow up and leave the nest. Then he can clean out the server and restore order.
Has he named the babies yet?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't know. Maybe he should have a squirrel-baby-naming contest to help him out.
I personally don't care. Just as long as he cleans them out of there soon. He's REALLY gonna need a server upgrade, now.

fool

Hall of Fame

But they may get electrocuted chewing live wires not to mention the electromagnetic radiation!
He should shut down the server and leave his home, go live in the city trash dump, wear clothes made of old plastic bags and shoes fashioned from discarded tires to redeem himself from the vicious damage he has caused those squirrls!
He drives a van fer cryin out loud!
Bad Knight, bad, bad Knight.

fool

Hall of Fame
If he gets good at making shoes from old tires he could prolly sell them to every hippie in Boulder.
Oh wait, that would be capitalism...Bad fool, bad bad fool.......
I meant give them to every hippie in Boulder

fool

Hall of Fame
Even if my head was malformed coming right out and saying would be rude, I mean you don't have to shove it in my face like that.

"never tell a man he's losing his hair, HE KNOWS."

fool

Hall of Fame
OK, so my head's a little small for my body and narrow like a blade and I could split a log with my nose! SO WHAT?
I'm Okay with it!
There, sticks and stones, I'm imune to that stupid messege.

I gotta go get some saw blades to cut this tire up with.

fool

Hall of Fame
I like the way you think, fool.

Maybe he could prepare a nice mulligan stew for the next Wednesday night eatin' meetin' at church. :idea:

I actually prefer chicken...

Dude I'm sorry I totally didn't mean that
I don't know where that came from, I never say stuff like that...

C

cattyfan

I'm being kicked to a search engine about half the time lately while I'm on this site. (Regardless of if I am clicking on a thread, a post, a profile, or the active list.)

Is there a problem with the site...or is it my computer?

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Plastic surgery, perhaps, fool?

You really need to let it go. You're ugly, horribly misshapen, making the Elephant Man look like Fabio...we get it. Now move on. :eek: :deadhorse:

:D

:chuckle:

fool

Hall of Fame
I'm being kicked to a search engine about half the time lately while I'm on this site. (Regardless of if I am clicking on a thread, a post, a profile, or the active list.)

Yer a Mod!
get in there and moderate those squirrils!
Knights living in the city dump and needs some foot cream!
This is a crisis if I ever saw one.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

See post # 3827 for the definitive answer to your question, Cat. :dunce:

I'll be up in your neck of the woods in 3 weeks. New Bedford to visit my wife's family. Got an extra room for 5 people? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.