Arminians' Dilemma

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
LOL, if one doesn't understand that Christ is the savior of the world they are a godless heretic!

You don't even know who Christ is. Your Christology is likely the vaguest of all things you could delineate.

Jesus Christ is the Savior of the world. He was made (poieo) sin (singular anarthrous) for the entirety of humanity from the dawn of creation to the end of the fallen earth ages.

Just like all the rest of the Englishizers, you hold a conceptualized binary between Calvinism and Arminianims that you presume to plug me into and harp away.

Jesus Christ died having been made sin for ALL mankind. But since virtually no one understands articular and anarthrous Greek nouns in English, everyone is making presumptions based on their own ignorance.

God has not foreordained any singular individuals to an afterlife of eternal torment while foreordaining other singular individuals to life everlasting. It's not my fault you're ignorant of language translation and have established your own perspectives.

And you presume that you are your own Savior if you insist man can effect or initiate his own redemption by any work that he does. I'm not the one holding to a false binary like the rest of you who are ignorant of Satan's devices.

Your sweeping general statements would be more convincing if they weren't wrong because you don't know what the inspired text says in English even when you read it.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
PPS,

It seems Epo is giving you a headache.

I wodner how long you can keep up with him???

He is sliming away everything you say.

You explain with lengthy posts and he reply with only one sentence.

He is not taking too much time arguing with you.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
PPS,

I won't spend much time on him. Don't worry. I'm fine.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by meshak
PPS,

PPS has joined forces with shak

Epoisses

And you presume that you are your own Savior if you insist man can effect or initiate his own redemption by any work that he does. I'm not the one holding to a false binary like the rest of you who are ignorant of Satan's devices.

Show me where I said I can initiate my own Salvation? Post# please.

Epoisses

PPS,

You don't even have a GED!

Aletheiophile

I know that Jesus is the savior of the world. Along with all the other five year olds in Sunday school!

Have fun remaining at a child's level of understanding.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 5:11-14 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Epoisses

Have fun remaining at a child's level of understanding.

1 Corinthians 3:1-3 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

Hebrews 5:11-14 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 1Tim. 4:10

All men and especially of those who believe.

Aletheiophile

For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. 1Tim. 4:10

All men and especially of those who believe.

It's an anthropocentric question, rather than a theocentric question. There is an answer, but you won't hear it because you're focused on the man-centric conclusion, not the god-centric conclusion.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I know that Jesus is the savior of the world. Along with all the other five year olds in Sunday school!

No, you don't. And you don't know that you don't and can't know. This is the problem of English speakers, whose only grid is their own autonomy as the final arbitrage of alleged truth.

Show me where I said I can initiate my own Salvation? Post# please.

I said "if". I guess you're either a Monergist (unlikely... LOL)... OR... You presume that you're cooperating somehow WITH Monergism as Synergism; yet denying there must be Monergism for Synergism.

This is more double talk. Did Christ die for the sins of the non-elect, yes or no?

There are no "non-elect". Only the elect. You don't know what elect means, and presume it must be what you understand to be Calvinism.

You're just like a majority of non-linguists and non-theologians throughout history; insisting that your own false autonomy is the foundation for truth, without having any idea what fallacies you espouse from your ignorance of both the language you speak and the languages in which scripture was inspired.

It's an incomparable form of arrogance, magnified by being a contemporary result of Modernism upon culture and eptistemology, etc.

You can never consider that your entire foundation needs to be jack-hammered up, because... Cognitive Dissonance.

Aletheiophile

Let's hear the god-centric answer.

It's not about saved or unsaved, elect or non-elect. It's not about labelling people. Those who are in Christ are timelessly in Christ. As Luther says, you are not a real person until you are regenerated in Christ. Only those who are in Christ have real existence anyway. Everyone else has a shadow of what God intended for life.

So is Christ's sacrifice applicable to all? Technically, it "can be". But that's because it is not about individual acts of sin, but about the quality, character, and activity of the universal sin-condition. But it is only applied and reckoned to those who are in Him.

If the death of Christ did not accomplish victory over all evil/dysfunction, then it was not true victory. But of course it was victory over all dysfunction. Christ, as the incarnation of God's righteousness, fills all unrighteousness with Himself. But that unrighteousness is not filled for those outside of communion with Him.

It's not about separating elect and non-elect, it's about God as the source of all salvation, who timelessly has communion with those in Christ, regardless of "when" "in time" their communion with Him begins. He is beyond time. There is no "beginning" for Him. He "always" knows those who are called by His name.

God does not actively damn those outside of communion. They were already born dead. They remain dead. He is not obligated to save anyone.