Armageddon or Harmagedon

CherubRam

Armageddon or Harmagedon: Revelation 16:16. "and in the Hebrew language it is called Armageddon."
There is no word "Armageddon" in the Hebrew language; the word Armageddon is a contraction and mistranslation for the words,"Mount of the Congregation Zion".

Ar / ma / ged / don. Also: Har / ma / ged / on.

Har / edah / siyyon.
Har: Mount or Mountain.
Edah or Mowed: Assembly, Community or Congregation.
Siyyon: Zion.

Revelation 16:13-16. And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and that beast, and out of the mouth of a false prophet.
14. For they have evil spirits, working miracles for the rulers of the earth and the whole world, to gather them togather to do battle against God Almighty on that great day.
15. Watch, I come like a thief. Blessed is he that keeps watch, and keeps his cloths, or else he will walk naked, and people will see his shame.
16. And they gathered them together to that place, and in the Hebrew language it is called; Mount of the Congregation Zion.

Isaiah 29:8. So will it be with the hordes of all the nations that fight against Mount Zion.

Proverbs 9:1. Wisdom has built her house; she has hewn out its seven pillars.

Revelation 3:12. Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God.

Zechariah 3:9. There are seven eyes on that one stone,...

Zechariah 4:10. These seven are the eyes of the lord,...

Revelation 5:6. He had seven horns and seven eyes,...

Daniel 12:3. Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars...

Revelation 1:20. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lamps is this: The seven stars are the angels (messengers of God) of the seven churches, (congregations)...

Zechariah 3:8. Listen O high priest of Joshua / Yahshua and your associates seated before you, who are men symbolic of things to come; I am going to bring my servant, the Branch. (Yahshua)

And so, where are they? Who are these seven different churches [congregations] and the seven messengers? When the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?

It is a presumption by some scholars, and not a fact, that Megiddo is a battlefield described in the Bible, in relationship to Revelation 16:16, as a place of a predicted final struggle between good and evil. Some believe that the name may be taken from that of the battlefield of Megiddo valley. See Judges 5:19.

The word "Megiddo" appears in scripture twelve times, and never with the word "Har" for (Mount) in front of it. The word "Megiddon" is a King James translation in the Old Testament only; and in Revelation 16:16, the King James uses the word spelling "Armageddon". The Valley of Megiddo and Armageddon have no biblical relationship.

King James Version: Zechariah 12:9-11. And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem.
10. And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications; and they shall look upon me / him whom they have pierced, and they will mourn for him, as one mourns for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
11. In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as (Like) the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.

Zion is not only the faithful in Israel and the world, but it is also a city in the last days according to scripture.
There is a great deal of scripture to support what I claim, with the word "Zion." However, there is no scripture to support that the valley of Megiddo is a gathering place for Zion.

Last edited:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
According to Strong's, mageddon comes from H1413 which means assembly as you said. The assembly of the saints will be at the Mount of Olives.

For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. (Matthew 24:28 NKJV)​

OCTOBER23

Is it the valley of Kidron or Maggedon ?

Armageddon from Ancient Greek: Ἁρμαγεδών Harmagedōn, will be, according to the Book of Revelation, the site of a gathering of armies for a battle during the end times, variously interpreted as either a literal or a symbolic location. The term is also used in a generic sense to refer to any end of the world scenario.
----------------------------------------------------

The Kidron Valley - Cedron, from Hebrew: נחל קדרון‎, Naḥal Qidron; Qidron Valley; the upper segment near the Temple Mount, and Wadi an-Nar for the rest of it) is the valley on the eastern side of The Old City of Jerusalem, separating the Temple Mount from the Mount of Olives. It continues east through the Judean Desert, towards the Dead Sea, descending 4000 feet along its 20 mile course. The settlement Kedar, located on a ridge above the valley, is named after it. The neighborhood of Wadi al-Joz bears the valley's Arabic name. The Hebrew Bible calls it Emek Yehoshafat, the "Valley of Jehoshaphat". It appears in Jewish eschatologic prophecies, which include the return of Elijah, followed by the arrival of the Messiah, and the War of Gog and Magog and Judgment Day.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wickpedia

CherubRam

According to Strong's, mageddon comes from H1413 which means assembly as you said. The assembly of the saints will be at the Mount of Olives.

For wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together. (Matthew 24:28 NKJV)​

The word "Megiddo" appears in scripture twelve times, and never with the word "Har" for (Mount) in front of it.

The H in har is silent.
I do not know which language you are speaking about concerning the possibility of a silent “H.”

In Greek the word in question is – ἁρμαγεδών harmagedōn. There is a δασ πνευ̃μα dasy pneuma or “rough breathing” diacritical mark over the initial alpha indicating that it is pronounced with an invisible “hard H” sound. There is no Greek alphabet character which corresponds to the Latin letter “H,” yet there is indeed a “hard H” phoneme in spoken Greek language. This can only occur at the beginning of a word, and is only recognized in written Greek by the “rough breathing” mark.

In Hebrew the character – הHéy is always pronounced as a “hard H,” unless it is the very last character of a word as part of the diphthongs – אֶהeh, and – אֵהéh (both of which are pronounced “ay” as in day, way or they), or the monophthongs – אַהah, אָהah, וֹהoh, and אֹהoh.

The Hebrew word – הַרhar means “mountain” and cannot be confused with the word – גִּבְעַהgiv’ah which means “hill” or “mound;” a small but well defined elevation in an area of land. The word har is only used to describe actual mountains in the Hebrew Scriptures.

The city of Megiddo is indeed mentioned 12 times in the Hebrew Scriptures. 11 of those 12 occurrences it is spelt – מְגִדּוֹM’giddo, and 1 time it is spelt – מְגִדּוֹןM’giddon. There is only one Scripture in which a geological descriptive accompanies the word, Zechariah 12:11, which calls it – בְּבִקְעַת מְגִדּוֹןb’viq’at M’giddon, “in the plain of Megiddon,” “in the field of Megiddon,” or “in the flatland of Megiddon.”

Although several chr-stian translations translate this as “valley of Megiddo,” that is a misnomer. A valley indicates an area that is surrounded by two or more mountains, or at the very least hills. There are no hills or mountains within miles of the ancient city of Megiddo. It is located on a plain in the southwestern area of the Jezreel Valley.

In modern times the location of the ancient city of Megiddo is called – תֵל מְגִדּוֹTél M’giddo. The word Tél is a modern Archaeological term which refers to a mound created by several layers of ruins built over one another over time. To date there have been ruins of 26 different civilizations unearthed at Tél Megiddo dating between 7,000 BCE – 586 BCE. Megiddo has not been inhabited since 586 BCE.

While the mound is quite tall, it could never be confused with or considered a mountain. Its overall height has remained virtually unchanged for 2,600 years. It would have looked no different at the time of Zechariah in the early Sixth Century BCE than it does today. There is not, nor has there ever been such a thing as Mount Megiddo.

CherubRam

Jeremiah 30:17
But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds,’ declares the Lord, ‘because you are called an outcast, Zion for whom no one cares.’

CherubRam

Isaiah 18:7
At that time gifts will be brought to the Lord Almighty from a people tall and smooth-skinned, from a people feared far and wide, an aggressive nation of strange speech, whose land is divided by rivers— the gifts will be brought to Mount Zion, to a place named for (the Lord / Yahwah) Almighty.