ECT ARE YOU ROOTED ??

DAN P

Hi to all and most of believers fight OSAS and not even believing what the bible says in Col 2:7 !!

Col 2:7 says Having been ROOTED Aand being built up in Him , and Being Made Secure in the faith , just as you were taught , Overflowing in it with the giving of thanks !!

#1 , The verb " having been rooted " is in the Greek Perfect Tense and in the Passive Voice and a Part a Participle .

#2 , The Perfect Tense means it happens just ONCE and then you are in the Present Tense and that means you are ALWAYS SAVED for the Present Tense is CONTINUOUS action of being ROOTED !!

#3 , I have never seen a verse where we are UN-ROOTED , have you ! NO !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hi to all and most of believers fight OSAS and not even believing what the bible says in Col 2:7 !!

Col 2:7 says Having been ROOTED Aand being built up in Him , and Being Made Secure in the faith , just as you were taught , Overflowing in it with the giving of thanks !!

#1 , The verb " having been rooted " is in the Greek Perfect Tense and in the Passive Voice and a Part a Participle .

#2 , The Perfect Tense means it happens just ONCE and then you are in the Present Tense and that means you are ALWAYS SAVED for the Present Tense is CONTINUOUS action of being ROOTED !!

dan p
We were complete in Christ the moment we trusted Him believing the good news of our salvation (Colossians 2:10 KJV). To be rooted and built up in Him (Colossians 2:7 KJV) is a growing up in Him in all things that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive (Ephesians 4:14-15 KJV). To be grounded is to be unmoveable (1 Corinthians 15:58 KJV): to be not moved away from the hope of the gospel (Colossians 1:23 KJV).

Good thread, Dan. Thanks!

DAN P

what if a member of the Body of Christ doesn't bring forth good fruit?

Hi and read 1 Cor 3:15 any believer will suffer LOSS of rewards at the BEMA SEAT !!

1 COR 3:10-17 is VERY telling to those in the Body of Christ , so please understand what verse 17 really means , especially to those who are Anti-OSAS !!

DAN P

Wick Stick

I seem to remember some sort of warning about branches being broken off and burned.

It seems like tree metaphors are not going to be very kind to your theology.

Jarrod

DAN P

We were complete in Christ the moment we trusted Him believing the good news of our salvation (Colossians 2:10 KJV). To be rooted and built up in Him (Colossians 2:7 KJV) is a growing up in Him in all things that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive (Ephesians 4:14-15 KJV). To be grounded is to be unmoveable (1 Corinthians 15:58 KJV): to be not moved away from the hope of the gospel (Colossians 1:23 KJV).

Good thread, Dan. Thanks!

Hi and I left out 4 more verb tenses , " built up , and established and are in the Present Tense of Continuous action and 2 verbs " ye have been taught and abounding " both in the Aorist Tense which is in the Past tense and can only happen at the point of salvation 11

If you are not ROOTED in Christ , you are not saved !!

DAN P

Danoh

Hi and I left out 4 more verb tenses , " built up , and established and are in the Present Tense of Continuous action and 2 verbs " ye have been taught and abounding " both in the Aorist Tense which is in the Past tense and can only happen at the point of salvation 11

If you are not ROOTED in Christ , you are not saved !!

DAN P

You might as well say that you have confused the difference between Romans 5: 1, and Rom. 5:2, both of which are the same two principles that Col. 2: 6 and Col. 2:7 are relating.

The issue of, as one brother once so well put it; standing in an understanding of your stand.

Gal. 5:1, in light of Gal. 3:1.

DAN P

You might as well say that you have confused the difference between Romans 5: 1, and Rom. 5:2, both of which are the same two principles that Col. 2: 6 and Col. 2:7 are relating.

The issue of, as one brother once so well put it; standing in an understanding of your stand.

Gal. 5:1, in light of Gal. 3:1.

Hi and explain Rom 5:1 and Ron 5:2 !!

dan p

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Now the just shall live by faith, but if anyone draws back My soul has no pleasure in him. (Hebrews 10:38 NKJV)​

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

A good tree cannot produce bad fruit. However, acting in immoral ways is not good or bad fruit. Look at TOL. Look at the left here who would never do the things they support. Tardly Artie is not a jihadist. Would never riot. Probably doesn't steal, yet he without question on his way to hell. I know by what he says.

By your words, you are condemned.

heir

TOL Subscriber

1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

1 Corinthians 3:11 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 3:12 Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

1 Corinthians 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

1 Corinthians 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

1 Corinthians 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
However, acting in immoral ways is not good or bad fruit.

i would qualify that as "is not necessarily good or bad fruit" to recognize that our actions (moral or immoral) often reflect on Christ, at least in the eyes of those who are weak or who resist God

tardlyartie and others here are glad to use as an excuse to reject God the failings they believe they see in others

which is, of course, really retarded, but they are children

andyc

dan p

Obviously the condition in this passage is faith. Faith alone.
And so as long as faith is present, the condition has been, is, and will always be met.

The problem arises when faith turns to unbelief.