Are most people Christian on this site

turbosixx

I come from a religion that believes in Jesus but isn't considered Christian. Am I in the wrong place?

I don't think so. There are mostly Christians here but it is a theology forum.

You list yourself as Christian, you believe in Jesus but don't consider yourself Christian. I'm confused.

tjgillies

I don't think so. There are mostly Christians here but it is a theology forum.

You list yourself as Christian, you believe in Jesus but don't consider yourself Christian. I'm confused.
I thought I put "other". Must have hit Christian on accident. Need to figure out how to change it. Thanks for the heads up and sorry for confusion. I'm a Baha'i.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are at the right place. Most people here are Christian.

Define "Christian". I know many here who write their own moral code which blatantly goes against the teachings of God/Jesus Christ, yet have the audacity to call themselves "Christian" (i.e. a follower of Christ).

I know many here that memorize and recite Scripture yet totally ignore Jesus' two greatest commandments.

Matthew 22:36-40

If Christianity can be anything that you want it to be, without a doubt most people here are Christian.

tjgillies

Define "Christian". I know many here who write their own moral code which blatantly goes against the teachings of God/Jesus Christ.

I know many that memorize and recite Scripture yet totally ignore Jesus' two greatest commandments.

Matthew 22:36-40

If Christianity can be anything that you want it to be, without a doubt most people here are Christian.

For me, Christian means you follow Jesus only and believe the bible is the only holy book.

My religion believes in many Jesus like figures and we have hundreds of holy books. We believe that Jesus was divine, and we consider ourselves to be the same religion as Christians. But we respect that Christians don't see it that way and so don't identify publicly as such.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
For me, Christian means you follow Jesus only and believe the bible is the only holy book.

My religion believes in many Jesus like figures and we have hundreds of holy books. We believe that Jesus was divine, and we consider ourselves to be the same religion as Christians. But we respect that Christians don't see it that way and so don't identify publicly as such.

I believe you mentioned you were of the Baha'i (cult) in another thread.

Question: "What is the Baha'i faith?"
http://www.gotquestions.org/Bahai-faith.html

Stick around, we've deprogrammed cultists before.

tjgillies

I actually converted to Baha'i after growing up and being a devout Christian for the majority of my life. I would be more than happy to discuss any specific issues you may have with the Baha'i faith

tjgillies

What can we do to help you?
Not sure yet. I'm just trying to get a feel for this place. Wanted to make sure it was open to other religions and not just a Christian hangout. I want to have meaningful conversation, not be attacked for my faith. :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I actually converted to Baha'i after growing up and being a devout Christian for the majority of my life. I would be more than happy to discuss any specific issues you may have with the Baha'i faith

It appears that you weren't so devout after all.

tjgillies

What about Christ's God? Where does he fit in?
We believe that there is only one God and one religion of God and that anyone who worships God belongs to the one religion of God. We only call ourselves a different religion so that we don't inadvertently confuse other people, but internally we don't think we are a "new" religion. We believe we are a part of the same religion that has always existed and will always exist. Christ's God is our God.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you believe that salvation can be lost? I'm asking purely out of curiosity.

I've seen people who declared that they were Christian have a change of heart (a former Christian pastor turned atheist).

Only God and you knows what's in your heart. He won't ever cast you away if you love Him, but there are rules when it comes to what kind of love.

tjgillies

I've seen people who declared that they were Christian have a change of heart (a former Christian pastor turned atheist).

Only God and you knows what's in your heart. He won't ever cast you away if you love Him, but there are rules when it comes to what kind of love.
Can you elucidate what those rules are? I'm rather interested now. Thanks for engaging me in conversation :)

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you elucidate what those rules are? I'm rather interested now. Thanks for engaging me in conversation :)

I did on page 1.

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4580323&postcount=5

Let's start off with moral relativism.

I love this article by Selwyn Duke entitled

Why many American Christians really are un-Christian

Let us be blunt: It is simply not possible to espouse relativism — which holds that right and wrong are opinion — and be a true Christian.

Why? It's simple: Jesus did not die for our opinions. Jesus did not say that His blood was the blood of the new and everlasting covenant and that it would be shed for you and for all so that opinions may be forgiven; He did not say, I am a way, a truth, and a life; He did not say, let he who is without opinion cast the first stone; He did not say to that dark tempter, "It is said, 'Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God,'" but, hey, Satan, whatever works for you.

There are many doctrinal differences among the denominations, and good people could debate them ad nauseam and still not settle every one. Yet, if anything is central to Christianity, it's the belief that Truth is spelled with a capital "T," that it is absolute, universal and eternal. And also central is a corollary of this belief: that there is an absolute, universal and eternal answer to every moral question; that right and wrong are not a matter of opinion, that they don't change from time to time and place to place...
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/duke/100301