ARCHIVE: Z Man asks... "what about grace?"

7cworldwide

Z Man said:
Yeah. I do not understand what makes you think that homosexuals deserve death but you don't. Are you less sinful than they?

If this kind of crap is what Enyart is teaching these days, I and every sane Biblically sound Christian out in the world today apologize on his behalf...

"Sane, biblically sound Christian" is not synonymous with "one who questions God's law and authority".

Morpheus

Clete said:
Morpheus,

I was seriously considering responding to the "questions" you reposted until I read the following line...

Dr. Paul D. Meier M.D. holds an M.D. degree from the University of Arkansas College of Medicine and completed his psychiatric residency at Duke University. He is the vice president Minirth-Meier Psychiatric Clinic in Rishardson Texas (Or was at the time of this printing of "Christian Child-Rearing"). And the Minirth-Meier New Life Clinics are found all over the country. He is rather Freudian in his interpretations of sociologic and psychological science but to say that he has no psychological credentials is simply a lie. There is no way you could have said such a thing and not known you were just making it up.

After reading that idiotic line, I was reassured once again that you are as intellectually dishonesst as they come. You aren't interested in learning anything or even in honest debate. And until that condition changes I will not waste any more of my time attempting to establish or clarify anything for you. You'll simply have to live with your ignorance or else find the information elsewhere.

Resting in Him,
Clete
If you Google "Paul D. Meier" there are numerous hitsIf you do a Google search for "Paul D. Meier M.D..Minirth-Meier New Life Clinic" you will come up with 3 hits, all for alibris.com. If you do a search for just "Paul D. Meier M.D." with the quotation marks to specify the exact phrase, you get a grand total of 48 hits, all of which are references to their books and how they harmonize Christianity and psychology. If you do a similar search for "Dr Paul D. Meier" you will get 16 hits, which include some for a lawsuit against Minirth. A search for "Paul D. Meier" at Amazon renders several hits for his books and tapes, but none use the titles Dr. or M.D. Nowhere have I found anything showing his credentials or history. Google "Minirth-Meier New Life Clinic" and you get 587 hits, 128 of which were posted. Most of them referred to booksellers, butI found the top two hits interesting. Minirth - Meier New Life Clinic Betrays A Family and Frank Minirth & Paul Meier, General Teachings/Activities . You might read the in their entirety.

A similar Google search for (just for the purpose of comparison) "anna c. salter" rendered about 11,700 hits, again most of which refer to her books, but there are several references to her biography, especially since she maintains a website that details her history.

1) The mere sparsity of information available for Dr. Meier not only makes confirmation of his credibility difficult, but would also make the contention of "expert" status dubious for the lack of third-party expert confirmation.

2) Anyone can write a book. There are all sorts of charlatans out there who prey on the trust of others. The negative posts (of which there are more that I didn't link) look quite familiar to me. There are several therapy chain stores out there that make fortunes at the expense of damaged people while doing little to actually help. Most of them are in fact quite predatory in nature. They usually advise intensive therapy, usually inpatient. They then procede toward reaching your insurance's psychiatric care limit. Upon doing so they pronounce you well and discharge you. The care they give is rarely helpful, and they often either release extremely mentally ill people back into society, or scar individuals and families with false diagnoses that are rendered for no other reason than to drain the family's savings. Most of these chains eventually disappear after litigation or actual malpractice charges. Not all mental health clinics work this way, but when dealing with a chain the likelihood of such an experience increases exponentially. Such an experience usually results in years of continued therapy to not only deal with the original problem, but to repair the damage done by the clinic.

3) No matter what his so-called credentials are, his blatant ignorance of the nature of schizophrenia, as pointed out in my previous post, as well as the other obvious falacies he preaches, discredits him.

4) A little understood fact. Although there are a few psychiatrists (M.D.s) who are also excellent therapists, most are not since that particular discipline focuses primarily on the pharmacological aspects of mental health treatment. Most therapy is referred to clinical psychologists and clinical social workers. Most psychologists are similarly focused specifically on administering and evaluating psychological tests, and only a few do therapy.

Instead of a mental health expert, Dr. Meier appears to be more of a Christian writer that happens to have a degree in psychiatry, and decided to use it to make his fortune. If you look closely you will note that he no longer even does therapy. I wonder why?

So first off, if you need some mental health care just let me know what city you live near and I can arrange a referal for you to a reputable therapist. But I would avoid the chains at all cost.

Secondly, if you must continue to find excuses to evade answering serious questions, then maybe you should amend your old saw about "your saying it doesn't make it so." If you can't legitimately answer questions or give an adequate rebuttal then just be honest and admit that you don't know. Blaming your inadequacy on me is getting old, and seriously brings your credibility into question. But go ahead if you must; regurgitate some slurs against me to evade answering. But this thread has been archived, and will be a historical record of your evasion.