ARCHIVE - You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

denversurvivor

Originally posted by Lion

Fornication is an even simpler matter because it isn’t a crime at all, (although it should be).

Why should fornication be a crime? Adultry? Yes. Fornication? No

Do you have biblical evidence for this, or is it just your opinion?:rolleyes:

Goose

Re: Re: Ok I'll try it.

Re: Re: Ok I'll try it.

Originally posted by denversurvivor

Who says conservatives aren't funny?...

<--------- Look at me. I wasn't born this way! :)

Goose

Originally posted by denversurvivor

Why should fornication be a crime? Adultry? Yes. Fornication? No

Do you have biblical evidence for this, or is it just your opinion?:rolleyes:
I think being a dead beat dad should be a crime. Things like that. It's a Godly commandment to multiply. Is it a commandment to get married? I'm all for commitment, but I would think it is more important to procreate than to get married, although becoming one flesh you should stay one flesh! I think that's kind of a perversion in itself if you don't.

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Just stone me now and get it over with...please!

Just stone me now and get it over with...please!

Well, I guess I would base it on the idea that it is part of the law, and if you break the law you are committing a crime. Not to mention that the punishment is almost too horrible to comprehend.

Ex:2216 “If a man entices a virgin who is not betrothed, and lies with her, he shall surely pay the bride-price for her to be his wife. “If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money according to the bride-price of virgins.

Deut. 22:28-29 “If a man finds a young woman who is a virgin, who is not betrothed, and he seizes her and lies with her, and they are found out, “then the man who lay with her shall give to the young woman’s father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife because he has humbled her; he shall not be permitted to divorce her all his days.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Interesting contradictory passages there, Lion. :rolleyes:

Should we guess between the time Exodus and Deuteronomy were written the custom had changed from family consent to a requirement that the lothario marry the maid he deflowered whether the father consented or not?

I wonder if the problem was so frequent that forced marriage was the only socially acceptable solution to dealing with what the early Semites appear to have considered "used goods". ;)

Lion

King of the jungle
Super Moderator
Z-Ummm… better read it again there Z. It isn’t contradictory. The man has to marry the woman, unless the father says no. The father may know something about the guy and not want his daughter to marry him because it would be harmful for. He is still allowed to protect her from making an arraignment that would prove harmful to her. All arraignments made by a daughter could be superceded by the father within a certain time frame. If this annulled that fact then a young woman could supercede her father’s wisdom by just sleeping with the guy.