ARCHIVE: Is it ever OK for a Christian to hate someone?

bling

Knight said:

Romans 12:9 Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Abhor literally means "hate".

Have you heard hate the sin and love the sinner?
Do you really feel this verse is talking about individuals?
The original question was hating someone and not just hating. We can hate Satan.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
First of all the Philisteins are not the ancestors of the Muslims, you can thank Abraham for them, they came from his line.
I know who they are, better than you do.
TobiasKage said:
And you cant say that the dark ages wasnt caused by christians, back then it was only one church, and then there was the split, so, they were all christians, dont cop out on that one.
Why not? It's the same as the Mustang being built on the Pinto chassis. During those years, as any Mustang purist will tell you, there was no Mustang. They simply don't consider a Pinto a Mustang, no matter how much you bend the fenders into 'Mustang shape.'
TobiasKage said:
So here is a question then, where were all of the real christians durring all of this?
Quietly praying someone as well-educated as Martin Luther would get up the nerve to post the truth on the door of the enemy, as I'm trying to do to you.
TobiasKage said:
There was only one church at the time, they all worshiped Jesus and God, why werent they christian?
Same reason they aren't today, they practice idolatry, pervert The Word of God and pray to dead people who are still dead.
TobiasKage said:
Try reading what I write in stead of just glossing over it.
You haven't shown me anything yet, and I do read your posts. You apparently don't understand mine, so I guess I'll have to 'dumb' them down for you. :duh:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
I know who they are, better than you do. Why not? It's the same as the Mustang being built on the Pinto chassis. During those years, as any Mustang purist will tell you, there was no Mustang. They simply don't consider a Pinto a Mustang, no matter how much you bend the fenders into 'Mustang shape.'Quietly praying someone as well-educated as Martin Luther would get up the nerve to post the truth on the door of the enemy, as I'm trying to do to you.Same reason they aren't today, they practice idolatry, pervert The Word of God and pray to dead people who are still dead. You haven't shown me anything yet, and I do read your posts. You apparently don't understand mine, so I guess I'll have to 'dumb' them down for you. :duh:

Im sure you do know them Aim, right on. So if you know them so well, why say that the Muslims came from the Philistiens? You and I both know that they came from the line of Abraham.

Hey, as much as I love to talk cars, and its a fairly imaginitive compairison, the Pinto and the Mustang, your just going farther and farther out ther Aim, and like I said, I'm not going to try and get through to you any more. You dont want to listen and you dont want to think.

The good christians were sitting around praying, convinient for them.

As far as not having shown you anything? It can be historicly proven that David, didnt exist, that Solomin, didnt exist, that the nation of Isreal isnt mentioned in world history out side of the bible until after the Asyrians set up the city state of Isreal. So, with out the house of David, you have no Jesus, and with out Jesus, you have no christianity and all you have is a group of people who took advantage of losely writen myths and legends.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
Im sure you do know them Aim, right on. So if you know them so well, why say that the Muslims came from the Philistiens? You and I both know that they came from the line of Abraham.
The Muslims are the 'descendants' of the Philistines, in that they have taken up their cause, to destroy Israel. No, Muslims didn't come from the line of Abraham, they merely claim to. The physical descendants of Ishmael or of Esau are not, necessarily Muslims. They are a great nation, nonetheless, as God prophecied. Those proclaiming the Muslim religion aren't, for the most part, any relatives of either Ishmael or Esau.
TobiasKage said:
Hey, as much as I love to talk cars, and its a fairly imaginitive compairison, the Pinto and the Mustang, your just going farther and farther out ther Aim, and like I said, I'm not going to try and get through to you any more. You dont want to listen and you dont want to think.
If you don't understand, I can explain it further, if you like.
TobiasKage said:
The good christians were sitting around praying, convinient for them.
Why would dedicating one's free time to the welfare of others, their progeny and theirs, etc., ad infinitum, be 'convenient'? They inconvenienced themselves, and their faith, which comes from The Lord, produced Martin Luther, and eventually put The Word of God into the hands of anyone who wants one, in a free country. Of course, that doesn't include the Muslim countries, which (according to you) don't suppress truth.
TobiasKage said:
As far as not having shown you anything? It can be historicly proven that David, didnt exist,
Then why haven't you (or anyone else on this earth for that matter) done so?
TobiasKage said:
... that Solomin, didnt exist,
Again, you haven't proven that, either.
TobiasKage said:
... that the nation of Isreal isnt mentioned in world history out side of the bible until after the Asyrians set up the city state of Isreal.
That doesn't dis-prove a thing. You're presuming, again.
TobiasKage said:
So, with out the house of David, you have no Jesus, and with out Jesus, you have no christianity and all you have is a group of people who took advantage of losely writen myths and legends.
So, to you, there are no Christians, right? Well, if'n we had ham, we could have ham-n-eggs, if'n we had eggs. That makes more sense than you do.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
It will take forever!!!!! And Ever!!!! And Ever!!!!....

It will take forever!!!!! And Ever!!!! And Ever!!!!....

Crow said:
I sure have, and I'm still looking for that verse in my Bible.

You'll need at least an eternity to find it since it is not there!:crackup:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
The Muslims are the 'descendants' of the Philistines, in that they have taken up their cause, to destroy Israel. No, Muslims didn't come from the line of Abraham, they merely claim to. The physical descendants of Ishmael or of Esau are not, necessarily Muslims. They are a great nation, nonetheless, as God prophecied. Those proclaiming the Muslim religion aren't, for the most part, any relatives of either Ishmael or Esau. If you don't understand, I can explain it further, if you like.Why would dedicating one's free time to the welfare of others, their progeny and theirs, etc., ad infinitum, be 'convenient'? They inconvenienced themselves, and their faith, which comes from The Lord, produced Martin Luther, and eventually put The Word of God into the hands of anyone who wants one, in a free country. Of course, that doesn't include the Muslim countries, which (according to you) don't suppress truth.Then why haven't you (or anyone else on this earth for that matter) done so?Again, you haven't proven that, either.That doesn't dis-prove a thing. You're presuming, again.So, to you, there are no Christians, right? Well, if'n we had ham, we could have ham-n-eggs, if'n we had eggs. That makes more sense than you do.

Aim, I've made my points and frankly dont feel like bashing my head against a wall any more. You make wild acusations and assumtions, you say that the Muslims are decendants of the Philistiens and then say that well of corse they really arent I just was saying they are because of... seriously dude, your making yourself look foolish. And those from Esau and Ishmael have closer ties then the Philistiens so, if you know this so well, why say it. Here is a fun fact for you, did you know up intill the christian occuptaion of Jerusalem Muslims and Jews lived and worked together in peace and relitive harmony? It wasnt untill the christians came in that they drove spike of animosity between the Jews and their Musilm nieghbors, and that hate continues to this day. But hey, you already knew that. Your rant on the "christians" really, makes no sense. But once again, no David, no Jesus, read what the scholars coming out of the desert say about their finds to support the idea that Solomin existed, or David, think out side the box Aimiel, if you can.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
But once again, no David, no Jesus, read what the scholars coming out of the desert say about their finds to support the idea that Solomin existed, or David, think out side the box Aimiel, if you can.
Why do you keep repeating the same garbage all day long? Not finding any physical evidence isn't proof of a historic fact in The Bible to be in error. Why do you keep believing that it is? :dizzy:

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
Why do you keep repeating the same garbage all day long? Not finding any physical evidence isn't proof of a historic fact in The Bible to be in error. Why do you keep believing that it is? :dizzy:

Why wouldnt it be? In a court of law with no evidence you cant put a man in jail. In a court of law with out a blood sample you cant prove who the father of a child is. With out proof, you cant claim something to be true. The bible says you need two witnessess to prove something is true or to convict some one of something. There is no evidence in the sand that David was there. Its just a story, a story that was perpetuated with myth and a myth that was taken literaly to keep a kingdom from falling apart. So say its not important that there is evidence, my friend, your very belief system is on the line, with out Jesus, you have nothing, if you cant go back and prove the line of kings, there is nothing, you will be standing on sand, and we all know about sand down we.

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
Why wouldnt it be?
Because it isn't. In spite of the fact that you claim to have a brain, we haven't seen any evidence of it. We doubt its existence, because you haven't shown it to us. We want to see it.

As I said, nothing in The Bible has ever been disproven, historically, scientifically or spiritually. If you don't understand that, then OK, you don't. But there it is.

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Aimiel said:
Because it isn't. In spite of the fact that you claim to have a brain, we haven't seen any evidence of it. We doubt its existence, because you haven't shown it to us. We want to see it.

As I said, nothing in The Bible has ever been disproven, historically, scientifically or spiritually. If you don't understand that, then OK, you don't. But there it is.

So let me get this strait:

The major lack of any physical evidence showing the existance of a histroical David from both christian archeolgist and jewish. And they would have a little more incentive to find this stuff then the christians, with out it, they have no real claims to the holy land.

The void of any, any mention of David or Solomin in any other historical record across the world. Solomin alone should be mentioned some where, he traded with countries all over the world, but no one has any record of him, any where.

The lack of Egyptian evidence of the exodus, they have no records of it any where. And you would think that thousands and thousands of slaves that built the pyramids and their infastructure, just got up in the middle of the night and took off, you would assume that they would keep a record of their army be swollowed by the sea at least. But nothing, in their ancient record is there, nothing. Why is there is a mention of a group of slaves being driven out, but they were called the Hyksos, my spelling may be off, not the Jews. There is no evidence the Jews were even in Egypt.

All of this evidence, from both Jews and Christian scholars, and you still dont listen. What more do you want? Trust me there is a lot more out there, a lot.

bling

Matt:5 43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you,

If we are to love our enemies who does that leave to hate, besides Satan?
Jesus is tell us here there is a change in the rule concerning loving and hating, does He not?

Romans 12:9
[ Love ] Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. NIV

We are told here to hate what is evil, not (hate those, who are evil)

Romans 7:15
I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. NIV

I find very few New Testament verses about us hating anything, but from the ones I have found it is not revering to people but acts and practices. Here Paul talks about actions he is doing.

Revelation 2:6
But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

Here again we are to hate the practices, but it does not say hate the people (Nicolaitans).

Christ died for us while we were His enemies, for those evil people at the foot of the cross mocking Him, how should we behave?

Aimiel

TobiasKage said:
There is no evidence the Jews were even in Egypt.
{Jim Carey voice}Oh, reeeeealy?{/Jim Carey voice}

Then what do you make of this?

Topic: Archeology & Exodus from Egypt
(Questions posted on website, answered by Rabbi Ohr Somayach)

As I said in the beginning, there is overwhelming historical evidence, archeological and otherwise, for the Exodus. For one, we have an unbroken historical record of these events. Our record is both a written record, recorded in our Torah, and an oral record passed on by word of mouth from parents to their children (like we do the night of Passover). See our "Historical Verification of the Torah"

I'll mention here just one piece of archeological evidence, the Ipuwer papyrus. Found in the early 19th Century in Egypt, this document describes events which parallel remarkably events described in the Book of Exodus: Violent upheavals in Egypt, starvation, drought, escape of slaves with the wealth of the Egyptians, and death throughout the land. See it on our website at: http://www.ohr.edu/special/pesach/ipuwer.htm

Finally, let me suggest a few books that bring extensive archaeological evidence for the Exodus: The best book on the subject is Israel in Egypt by James Hoffmeier. See also Biblical Personalities and Archaeology by Leah Bronner and Permission to Receive by Leib Keleman.

http://ohr.edu/ask_db/ask_main.php/285/Q1/

Aimiel

bling said:
Christ died for us while we were His enemies, for those evil people at the foot of the cross mocking Him, how should we behave?
We're supposed to do the works that He did, and He also said that we would do 'greater' works than He did. I don't think we can accomplish that by ignoring His admonitions and going backwards into The Old Testament to follow what we 'think' He meant.

lovemeorhateme

OK. I am going to say this out loud, as I type it, so you can all see this.

Lord, I come to you a sinner. I ask you now for forgiveness. Please forgive me Jesus. I realise that you love me so much that you died on a Cross to save me from my sins. I repent of everything I have done, and, with your help, I promise to change my life - forever. I accept you into my heart right now as my Saviour.

Amen.

dRock

well...in response to the initial question on this thread, I say no. However, I say that Christians should hate other people's sin (such as Homosexuality and their opposing religious views). well...

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
lovemeorhateme said:
OK. I am going to say this out loud, as I type it, so you can all see this.

Lord, I come to you a sinner. I ask you now for forgiveness. Please forgive me Jesus. I realise that you love me so much that you died on a Cross to save me from my sins. I repent of everything I have done, and, with your help, I promise to change my life - forever. I accept you into my heart right now as my Saviour.

Amen.

:up:

Wow! I just became aware of this. I will be praying for you LMOHM!

TobiasKage

BANNED
Banned
Hey Aimiel check this out:

the 'Admonitions of Ipuwer' has not only no bearing whatever on the long past First Intermediate Period, it also does not derive from any other historical situation. It is the last, fullest, most exaggerated and hence least successful, composition on the theme "order versus chaos."
M. Lichtheim, Ancient Egyptian Literature, Volume I, p.150

Yeah, point, counter point.