Anti-Trust Law Changes

Aimiel

Finally, someone proposing chopping up tech giants!!!

Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat who is bidding to be the policy pacesetter in the Democratic presidential primary, championed another expansive idea on Friday evening in front of a crowd of thousands in Queens: a regulatory plan aimed at breaking up some of America’s largest tech companies, including Amazon, Google, Apple and Facebook. --- Source Article

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Finally, someone proposing chopping up tech giants!!!

Senator Elizabeth Warren, the Massachusetts Democrat who is bidding to be the policy pacesetter in the Democratic presidential primary, championed another expansive idea on Friday evening in front of a crowd of thousands in Queens: a regulatory plan aimed at breaking up some of America’s largest tech companies, including Amazon, Google, Apple and Facebook. --- Source Article
Build a productive and successful business and have the government bust it up.
How is that supposed to be a good idea?

Aimiel

It worked for The Standard Oil Company, when John D. Rockefeller owned every drop of oil on the planet. It worked when AT&T owned every phone line and phone on the planet. It'll work on companies with similar monopolies in today's market.

Standard Oil had to be broken up twice, after Rockefeller bought the stray nine tenths back through family members. AT&T still operates under strict anti-trust laws; I had to sign the agreement when I worked for them. Our books were open to the government at all times.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It worked for The Standard Oil Company, when John D. Rockefeller owned every drop of oil on the planet. It worked when AT&T owned every phone line and phone on the planet. It'll work on companies with similar monopolies in today's market.

Standard Oil had to be broken up twice, after Rockefeller bought the stray nine tenths back through family members. AT&T still operates under strict anti-trust laws; I had to sign the agreement when I worked for them. Our books were open to the government at all times.
Well, Rockefeller wasn't the only man alive that could have bought it all up.
He was just the one that had the good business sense to do so.
I'm just not for a government that can forcefully limit one's success.

But that's just me.

Aimiel

Had they not: we'd certainly have a completely different marketplace. We'd pay whatever Standard Oil and AT&T demanded for their goods and services. Just look at diamonds. The DeBeers family owns all the diamond mines, diamonds are more plentiful than quartz and we pay what DeBeers says we should for diamonds.