ECT Another wicked "Replacement Theology" thief, robber, is exposed...

Danoh

There are no NT passages quoting OT passages, as expected.

Tell that to the writer of Hebrews - not only does he often quote the OT to his audience (the Hebrews, duh-uh) but as being both descriptive of and applicable to them also.

Put away already your ever obvious over reliance on the traditions of men (their endless books "about" and its resulting inability to see what the Scripture is asserting).

Isaiah 8:20

Interplanner

Tell that to the writer of Hebrews - not only does he often quote the OT to his audience (the Hebrews, duh-uh) but as being both descriptive of and applicable to them also.

Put away already your ever obvious over reliance on the traditions of men (their endless books "about" and its resulting inability to see what the Scripture is asserting).

Isaiah 8:20

There's no comparison about the quoting the OT. Hebrews is Scripture. JohnW defies the meaning of the NT.

Your tagline is worn out. 'endless books' Try some other approach. You can direct your 'inability' remark to the 5-10 here who constantly change the text, usually by covertly putting in a NOT. JohnW: Israel is Christ's glory. Lk 2: Christ is Israel's glory. That's an ex. of a "NOT". But you want to lecture me!

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"Pope" Robert Pate is exposed, not only as hating the just, holy, good, right, spiritual law of God, thus denying that the Lord Jesus Christ died to pay our sins debt, he is now exposed as a wicked "Replacement Theology" proponent, on record:

Post #536:
http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...d-the-fulfillment-of-the-Old-Testament/page36

Consistent with this demon's satanic assertion, that 3/4 of the scriptures, no longer exists, having been abolished, destroyed, worthless, according to him:

And his satanic assertion, that the LORD God is "done" with His glory, Israel, is consistent with his on record anti-Semitic slur, hating the Jewish people, and thus flipping the bird at the LORD God, at the Christ:

Vs.

Isaiah 46:13 KJV

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

Zechariah 8:23 KJV

Thus saith the Lord of hosts; In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold out of all languages of the nations, even shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.

Isaiah 2:3 KJV

And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

Micah 4:2 KJV

And many nations shall come, and say, Come, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, and to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for the law shall go forth of Zion, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

The LORD God will bless all on-Jews through the nation of His own creation Israel. Israel is created as God’s chosen people, His "elect" for service(holy/sanctify=to be set aside, separated, "severed" for God's use/purpose). God created the nation Israel to have a privileged status before Him as a "peculiar", "different", separated("holy"=sanctified) people:

"But against any of the children of Israel shall not a dog move his tongue, against man or beast: that ye may know how that the LORD doth put a difference between the Egyptians and Israel." Exodus 11:7 KJV

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine: ..." Exodus 19:5 KJV

"For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth." Exodus 33:16 KJV

"But I have said unto you, Ye shall inherit their land, and I will give it unto you to possess it, a land that floweth with milk and honey: I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people." Leviticus 20:24 KJV

"For from the top of the rocks I see him, and from the hills I behold him: lo, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not be reckoned among the nations." Numbers 23:9 KJV

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth." Deuteronomy 7:6 KJV

"Only the LORD had a delight in thy fathers to love them, and he chose their seed after them, even you above all people, as it is this day." Deuteronomy 10:15 KJV

"For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth." Deuteronomy 14:2 KJV

"Thou hast avouched the LORD this day to be thy God, and to walk in his ways, and to keep his statutes, and his commandments, and his judgments, and to hearken unto his voice: And the LORD hath avouched thee this day to be his peculiar people, as he hath promised thee, and that thou shouldest keep all his commandments; And to make thee high above all nations which he hath made, in praise, and in name, and in honour; and that thou mayest be an holy people unto the LORD thy God, as he hath spoken." Deuteronomy 26:17-19 KJV

"And what one nation in the earth is like thy people, even like Israel, whom God went to redeem for a people to himself, and to make him a name, and to do for you great things and terrible, for thy land, before thy people, which thou redeemedst to thee from Egypt, from the nations and their gods." 2 Samuel 7:23 KJV/2 Chronicles 17:21 KJV

"And he returned to the man of God, he and all his company, and came, and stood before him: and he said, Behold, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, but in Israel: now therefore, I pray thee, take a blessing of thy servant." 2 Kings 5:15 KJV

"For the LORD hath chosen Jacob unto himself, and Israel for his peculiar treasure." Psalms 135:4 KJV

"He sheweth his word unto Jacob, his statutes and his judgments unto Israel. He hath not dealt so with any nation: and as for his judgments, they have not known them. Praise ye the LORD." Psalms 147:19-20 KJV

"You only have I known of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." Amos 3:2 KJV

The Jews of the flesh still reject Jesus Christ and any who do turn to Him, become true Christians, the true Israel of God, the same as the first of the NT church at Pentecost.

You try to replace the elect of Israel with Godhaters like yourself who love the flesh.

LA

Danoh

There's no comparison about the quoting the OT. Hebrews is Scripture. JohnW defies the meaning of the NT.

Your tagline is worn out. 'endless books' Try some other approach. You can direct your 'inability' remark to the 5-10 here who constantly change the text, usually by covertly putting in a NOT. JohnW: Israel is Christ's glory. Lk 2: Christ is Israel's glory. That's an ex. of a "NOT". But you want to lecture me!

O get off that high horse - just about your every post to Dispys is a lecture.

:chuckle:

Rom. 5: 6-8.

john w

Hall of Fame
The Jews of the flesh still reject Jesus Christ and any who do turn to Him, become true Christians, the true Israel of God, the same as the first of the NT church at Pentecost.

You try to replace the elect of Israel with Godhaters like yourself who love the flesh.

LA

Stumped me again, with that "original" spam, admitted Christ rejector, who denies that the Lord Jesus Christ is God. Thanks for the compliment- a devil child, not approving of me! Thanks again, wolfie!

john w

Hall of Fame

I did quote the NT, you demon, but your father, the devil, tells you you to keep on denying it, and use your magic wand, sorcerer, Uncle Arthur, Copperfield/Simon, Jr., to make the OT scripture, re. prophecy, promises to the nation Israel, disappear, as you satanically "revise" "nation," to "race."

Get out of out territory, poser, wolf.

john w

Hall of Fame
Knock it off John. I simply don't find any NT passages that quote OT passages anywhere. If it is that important to you, stop your cursing and JUST LIST THE PASSAGES YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT.

One more chance. "The anger of man does not accomplish the righteousness of God", got it?

Already gave you NT passages, quoting the OT, you vile fraud, as have others, you little, snotty faced punk, but you dissed them, ignored them, you con artist, piece of satanic sulfur.

Explain the passages, you sorcerer, magician.

You won't, you scammer, con artist.

Get off this site, you sorcerer, magician, warlock, as you attempt to take your pretty little fairy magic wand, and dismiss the OT.

We are on to you, bird flipper at the LORD God.

Interplanner

The resurrection was the fulfillment of all that was promised to the fathers, so that the nations could be blessed by the Gospel. Acts 13's sermon's punchline.

Gee, I wonder why kingdom-salivating Judaism had so much trouble with this sermon?

Interplanner

Have ya ever encountered anyone that hated GOD's love for Israel as much as IP?

YOu're an obnoxious fool Tam. God hates unbelief and all transactions going forward with God are through Christ, Rom 11:30+. Funny how D'ists miss this when they just think they got the OT quotes above it.

There is no hatred for Jews any more than there is for unbelieving Russians. If we find that there is a really effective Jewish evangelist out there of the one Gospel, I'm all for him. There are no race/nations to favor or disfavor as the NT says 100x.

Interplanner

Same lie from IP, different day.

It is right there sir in rom 1 and Acts 2 as well: the resurrection is the enthronement of Jesus as Christ and Lord--Lord being used in the same sense as Ps 2 and 110. The resurrection "declared" this. That's exactly what the faith-filled Jewish believers were looking forward to (not Judaism with its replacement/switch of Gal 3:17). Are you Christian or Judaistic?

Interplanner

Isaiah 46:13 KJV

I bring near my righteousness; it shall not be far off, and my salvation shall not tarry: and I will place salvation in Zion for Israel my glory.

What's KJV? You can't seriously be stuck with that as an 'authority.'!

Christ was the righteousness of God, Rom 3:21. do you EVER read the NT?

Yes Israel (but who is that?) was his glory as much as they believed. That's why in Lk 2 Christ is the glory of Israel, finally doing what they should have. "Christ became a servant of the Jews on behalf of God's truth, to confirm the promises made to the patriarchs, so that the Gentiles may glorify God for his mercy." Is there a better summary of the NT? Do you ever read the NT?

God is not trying to 'glorify' anyone but Christ, who glorifies God by bringing mercy to all who believe.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There is no hatred for Jews any more than there is for unbelieving Russians.
What covenant did GOD ever make with the nation of Russia?

You close your eyes to the many scriptures that tell of GOD's mercy to Israel DESPITE them profaning His name and backsliding.
GOD unequivocally says it is for His own name's sake, and not because Israel was worthy.

Here's just a few examples of what you deny.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

1 Samuel 12 KJV
(22) For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.

Isaiah 43 KJV
(25) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 37 KJV
(35) For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

Isaiah 48 KJV
(9) For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
(10) Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
(11) For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

Deuteronomy 9 KJV
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Daniel 9 KJV
(18) O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
(19) O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

Interplanner

You close your eyes to the many scriptures that tell of GOD's mercy to Israel DESPITE them profaning His name and backsliding.
GOD unequivocally says it is for His own name's sake, and not because Israel was worthy.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(22) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; I do not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but for mine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among the heathen, whither ye went.

Ezekiel 36 KJV
(32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.

1 Samuel 12 KJV
(22) For the LORD will not forsake his people for his great name's sake: because it hath pleased the LORD to make you his people.

Isaiah 43 KJV
(25) I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Isaiah 37 KJV
(35) For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake, and for my servant David's sake.

Isaiah 48 KJV
(9) For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off.
(10) Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.
(11) For mine own sake, even for mine own sake, will I do it: for how should my name be polluted? and I will not give my glory unto another.

Deuteronomy 9 KJV
(5) Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Daniel 9 KJV
(18) O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.
(19) O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

You ought to finish reading Dan 9 before you speak, lol.

The question is what does the NT say. Do you ever read the NT's interpretation of these things? Why is there no future Judaic period in the NT about the 2nd coming?

"All day long I have held out my hands to this stubborn people!"

steko

LIFETIME MEMBER

Ezekiel 36 KJV

Ezekiel 36 KJV

1 Samuel 12 KJV

Isaiah 43 KJV

Isaiah 37 KJV

Isaiah 48 KJV

Deuteronomy 9 KJV

Daniel 9 KJV

Excellent post but alas, some folks are blind in one eye and can't see out of the other.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You ought to finish reading Dan 9 before you speak, lol.

The question is what does the NT say. Do you ever read the NT's interpretation of these things? Why is there no future Judaic period in the NT about the 2nd coming?
You are too foolish to realize that the NT is continuation of history, not a change of history.
You come to the erroneous conclusion that the NT is saying that the promises and covenants to Israel were never meant for Israel.
And when you cannot make that fit actual scripture, then you start spiritualizing what Israel is.
One has to be blind to read the Bible and not recognize that the nation of Israel has a special standing with GOD.
GOD chose them above all other nations.
And that special standing was not according to their 'goodness', but because GOD does not renege on His oath and make empty promises.
It is not for Israel's sake, but for the sake of GOD's own name as demonstrated by scripture in my previous post.

Danoh

The resurrection was the fulfillment of all that was promised to the fathers, so that the nations could be blessed by the Gospel. Acts 13's sermon's punchline.

Gee, I wonder why kingdom-salivating Judaism had so much trouble with this sermon?

Through the Looking Glass...

I well understand that is what you have come to see that as - given the obvious study approach going into it all that, that just about your every post often makes obvious.

That is where you are coming from, given your error in "study" approach.

That is what all your ranting has boiled down to for this observer of fellow posters on a forum.

That and that other ever obvious - that you never understood Dispensationalism.

In this, you really are no better off in your obvious approach and its results than the Dispy who learned his or her Dispensationalism from Dispensationalism's own version of your approach - largely from pastors, and teachers, and or Dispy books "about."

All five forms of Dispensationalism has their kind also.

Such parrot the mantra, parroted to them.

And such ever display a surface level impression of the Scriptures.

Thus, not only the intolerance such often display towards anyone such conclude is not of their number.

And thus, their own version of your often errors on a mere word, word tense, and so on.

:chuckle:

For you are basically merely pointing your finger all day long at nothing more than a different version of you.

Rom. 5: 6-8.

Interplanner

You are too foolish to realize that the NT is continuation of history, not a change of history.
You come to the erroneous conclusion that the NT is saying that the promises and covenants to Israel were never meant for Israel.
And when you cannot make that fit actual scripture, then you start spiritualizing what Israel is.
One has to be blind to read the Bible and not recognize that the nation of Israel has a special standing with GOD.
GOD chose them above all other nations.
And that special standing was not according to their 'goodness', but because GOD does not renege on His oath and make empty promises.
It is not for Israel's sake, but for the sake of GOD's own name as demonstrated by scripture in my previous post.

You'd have to be blind not to notice that it doesn't matter in the NT because Dan 9 is inevitable; desolations were decreed for the 490 years. that's why all focus is on the mission to the nations, Acts 13:47--please note how that 'wraps' the discussion about everything promised to the fathers!

Hebrews (Hebrews!) further shows that it never was about the land, never was to be fulfilled as the land, because it always was about those who believe and the blessing in Christ. So it is very strange for yourself and RD and Johhnny to employ Hebrews (Hebrews!) to support your cause. Instead of any concern about the land, Hebrews (Hebrews!) is concerned about the Jerusalem above that is our unshakeable kingdom and home. "It is not good for us to be strengthened by ceremonial foods [and doctrines about the restoration of the land] but by grace." Heb 13.

Just read the main doctrinal sections of the NT sometime and ask yourself: would God really operate 2 incoherent programs? Does it ever say he is?