ECT Another Which Is Not Another...

Danoh

There is ever a bit of confusion on the part of many as to the actually intended sense of the following...

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

Just what was this other good news, which was not another?

What say each of you?

Thanks...

Interplanner

It was what MAD now calls the Kingdom Gospel. Some works and grace to merit the 'landing' of a theocracy in Judea in Jesus time, but withdrawn when Jesus deemed Israel to be a failure, and decided to allow himself to die for the whole world in a brand new totally unseen "Grace" gospel for all nations.

Peter went back to it and got blown out of the water by Paul.

Paul also blasted the Galatians about it, and the Colossians next door about the neo-Judaism that was belching forth its same thing.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It was what MAD now calls the Kingdom Gospel. Some works and grace to merit the 'landing' of a theocracy in Judea in Jesus time, but withdrawn when Jesus deemed Israel to be a failure, and decided to allow himself to die for the whole world in a brand new totally unseen "Grace" gospel for all nations.

Peter went back to it and got blown out of the water by Paul.

Paul also blasted the Galatians about it, and the Colossians next door about the neo-Judaism that was belching forth its same thing.

Peter didn't get "Blown out of the water." Peter always preached "The Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel, as did Christ. Paul preached "The Grace Message" to the Gentiles. Today, both Jew and Gentile alike are under "The Grace Gospel." (Message)

Danoh

Peter didn't get "Blown out of the water." Peter always preached "The Kingdom Message" to the House of Israel, as did Christ. Paul preached "The Grace Message" to the Gentiles. Today, both Jew and Gentile alike are under "The Grace Gospel." (Message)

Yep :thumb:

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
There is ever a bit of confusion on the part of many as to the actually intended sense of the following...

Galatians 1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.

What say each of you?

Thanks...
That you have to convert to Judaism to be in the Church.

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic

What say each of you?

Thanks...

The one thing for shore is....

It was a perversion. :crackup:

Interplanner

and so the modern experts (and apparently a person devoted to the bible) turns the bible's gospel into a relative term. That's called destroying the foundations. There's a whole bunch of them, they say, even if Paul says a person is at risk of anathema and in the same passage EXPLAINS WHY PETER NEED TO BE CONFRONTED!!! Peter capitulated to the 'gospel' of the Judaizers my friend, which is what you are trying to validate.

Also, if you knew NT background as shown in 'another sort of gospel within Paul's gospel' thread, you would see that, yes when you preached the one gospel to israel at the moment from Pentecost on for a few years (until the leadership definitely made up their mind) there was a way for the nation to be saved from the DofJ. It truly did not need to happen. And those who repented did enjoy the times of refreshing of repentance, visions, dreams, community, prayer that created earthquakes and 'great grace was upon them all.'

How could great grace be on them all if they were still listening to a Kingdom appeal? It is folly--MAD is. It has cult elements like Mormonism that turn off the brain and are strongholds.

Interplanner

and so the modern expert (and apparently a person devoted to the bible) turns the bible's gospel into a relative term. There's a whole bunch of them, even if Paul says there is one at risk of anathema and in the same passage EXPLAINS WHY PETER NEED TO BE CONFRONTED. Peter capitulated to the 'gospel' of the Judaizers my friend, which is what you are trying to validate.

Acts 2-3 are full of grace too, which leads up to the declaration of ch4 about grace. This is the most immature and amateur concoction I have run into on this topic. Hardly worth a moment of attention.

Last edited:

Danoh

and so the modern expert (and apparently a person devoted to the bible) turns the bible's gospel into a relative term. There's a whole bunch of them, even if Paul says there is one at risk of anathema and in the same passage EXPLAINS WHY PETER NEED TO BE CONFRONTED. Peter capitulated to the 'gospel' of the Judaizers my friend, which is what you are trying to validate.

Apparantly, you are unaware of what "the good news" included before the Cross.

Romans 2:17 Behold, thou art called a Jew, and restest in the law, and makest thy boast of God, 2:18 And knowest his will, and approvest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the law; 2:19 And art confident that thou thyself art a guide of the blind, a light of them which are in darkness, 2:20 An instructor of the foolish, a teacher of babes, which hast the form of knowledge and of the truth in the law.

An example...

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth. 1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

Meaning that God saw they were keeping the Law from the heart; not as a mere outward show, not as pleasing men; see below...

In other words...

Romans 2:25 For circumcision verily profiteth, if thou keep the law: but if thou be a breaker of the law, thy circumcision is made uncircumcision.

In what sense? How? If kept - when it was then the good news in place - if kept from the heart; not as pleasing men; but as pleasing God.

2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 2:29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

John 5:44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 5:45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 5:46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 5:47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?

Mark 10:17 And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? 10:18 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. 10:19 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. 10:20 And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

That was the good news that at some point after the Cross was now another of a different kind.

The purpose of that other good news when it had been in effect?

Galatians 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe. 3:23 But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed. 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Now the issue was...

Galatians 3:1 O foolish Galatians, who hath bewitched you, that ye should not obey the truth, before whose eyes Jesus Christ hath been evidently set forth, crucified among you? 3:2 This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith? 3:3 Are ye so foolish? having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?