Angelina Jole gets it re: the "luck" of life...

republicanchick

I am not going to say or remotely insinuate that life is all about luck. I know that those who work hard and obey the rules (to quote Scott Walker) really do have a much better chance of being (monetarily, e tc) successful.

Of course, there is success and there is "success."

Eliott Spitzer was successful... but...

yeh...

the Rev Baker... and there are a ton of other examples.

But anyway, Angelina Jolie once asked some poor person in one of the countries she visited:

(not verbatim but) "Why am I here and you are not?"

In other words, Why is it that some people in life just seem to have it all: money, popularity, looks... financial security

and others seem to have NOTHING.. the poeople on the streets of Calcutta served by Mother Teresa (and her nuns).. the people in Syria being made homeless and destitute (and that's if they are lucky) by ISIS

It's a good question, Ms Jolie (Pitt)... Thanks for not thinking that it was just b/c you are just so much better than "them" ... that God loves you more... or something.

.. out of the mouths of nonbelievers...

I really believe some people honestly think they are "successful" just b/c of those reasons (ie: God loves me more than those other poor slobs...)

sure, it's a subconscioius thing, but hey.. the subconscious is a big part of who we are...

___

++++