Ammon Bundy urges protesters to leave refuge

Krsto

So civil disobedience is only justified when you leftists do it?

MLK1.jpeg

I'll bet you have a problem with American farmers and contractors giving jobs to illegal immigrants, don't you?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Threatening others with deadly force is not civil disobedience. Civil disobedience is just not doing what the unjust law requires. It can't even be used as an excuse for not paying taxes when you don't like what those taxes go for. At least from a Jesus honoring perspective, that is.

I suppose we could go back in history and show the amount of violence perpetrated by the supposedly "non-violent" civil rights movement. Or, we could talk about the left wing/communist Black Panthers and the Weatherman Underground....for a start :).

I'll bet you have a problem with American farmers and contractors giving jobs to illegal immigrants, don't you?

I have a problem with the fact that they are "illegal", as should any person who believes in the rule of law.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Ammon Bundy urges protesters to leave refuge

"Right now, I am asking the federal government to allow the people at the refuge to go home without being prosecuted," the statement read. "To those remaining at the refuge, I love you. Let us take this fight from here. Please stand down. Go home and hug your families. This fight is ours for now in the courts. Please go home."

Good, I'm glad he made that statement. I hope it goes smoothly and the Feds let them wrap it up and get out of there.

The Feds have apparently said "anyone remaining at the refuge would be allowed to leave after being identified at law enforcement checkpoints that have been set up."

The problem with Bundy saying that the fight is now in the courts is that the court battle will have nothing to do with their cause. It's all about them and what they did now.

Foxfire

I hope it goes smoothly and the Feds let them wrap it up and get out of there.

I'm getting reports this evening of a convoy of military armored vehicles setting up in the area surrounding the remaining "Bundyites" at the siege site. :(

zoo22

I think a good article about the Bundy armed militia occupation:

Ammon Bundy Stands Down

Ammon Bundy Stands Down

Last night, Ammon Bundy, the leader of the militia occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, in southeastern Oregon, issued a command through his lawyer: “Please stand down.” F.B.I. agents had arrested Bundy a day earlier, along with his brother Ryan and six followers, as they drove from the refuge. Another occupier, Robert (LaVoy) Finicum, a rancher who has often been described as a spokesperson for the Bundys’ cause, was killed during the arrest. Federal officials have not described his death. The Bundy Ranch’s Facebook page announced, “Our government murdered him while he was unarmed with his hands in the air.” Another occupier, who claimed to have been arrested with the Bundys but released without charge, reported in a YouTube video Wednesday morning that Finicum had left his snowbound truck after a chase and charged the agents before they shot him. “LaVoy was very passionate about what he was doing up here,” he added.

Finicum had told reporters that he would rather die in the occupation than go to jail. He seems to have regarded this as the proper and lawful attitude of a citizen. The Malheur occupation, which was triggered by disputes over ranchers’ use of public lands, has also been a theatrical public argument about the scope of legal violence in America. For nearly four weeks after the Bundys and their allies occupied Malheur, on January 2nd, it was the federal government that stood down as armed men (and a few women) defied its authority, used its buildings as a staging ground for a thoroughly improbable scheme to bring public lands under state and local control, and promised to meet force with force. As LaVoy Finicum must have known, a person facing arrest is not entitled to meet force with force, but really the occupiers were promising to meet law with counter-law. In their constitutional cosmology, a localist version of rock-ribbed originalism, they were the law in Malheur, and the federal agents the usurpers.

Full article

lighthouse99

i believe that guy was murdered. And they use his words about not wanting to go to jail which could be mere hyperbole, as an excuse to murder him.

That's our great system 4 ya

human life means nothing. I'm glad Ted Cruz respects human life from the very beginning. No other candidate (in the top 7 or so in the polls) does

for the sake of our country, vote for Cruz​

:luigi:

Krsto

i believe that guy was murdered. And they use his words about not wanting to go to jail which could be mere hyperbole, as an excuse to murder him.

human life means nothing. I'm glad Ted Cruz respects human life from the very beginning. No other candidate (in the top 7 or so in the polls) does

Oh yeah, the guy who wants to carpet bomb Syria and turn the sand into glowing glass. Go after ISIS no matter where they are hiding, which includes the middle of cities. He even verified that when asked after his glowing sand remarks. Are you freakin' nuts man? The guy will make a worse killer than Bush, if given half a chance. None of these get tough on the enemy cowboys give a rip for lives, unless they happen to be able to vote for them. You have been duped.

This Charming Manc

Have you see the video of him going for a gun?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Oh yeah, the guy who wants to carpet bomb Syria and turn the sand into glowing glass. Go after ISIS no matter where they are hiding, which includes the middle of cities. He even verified that when asked after his glowing sand remarks. Are you freakin' nuts man? The guy will make a worse killer than Bush, if given half a chance. None of these get tough on the enemy cowboys give a rip for lives, unless they happen to be able to vote for them. You have been duped.

Cruz wants and needs the evangelical, apocalyptic-minded voter, and he pandered to them in Iowa in a big way. He told them to ""awaken the body of Christ that we may pull back from the abyss," and to "strap on the full armor of God, get ready for the attacks that are coming."

And they heard the call: ""I think the Lord spoke tonight and told me to vote for Ted Cruz," said John McCreedie, a pastor in Council Bluffs.

Cruz is as scary as Trump, he's just a different kind of scary.

zoo22

It looks like papa Cliven Bundy has now stepped in as the leader of the Oregon freedom fighter occupation (leading from the safety of Nevada), and is telling the remaining 4 armed occupiers to stay in the building, despite Ammon Bundy having told them they should go home.

Cliven Bundy says he’s ‘taking control’ with new letter vowing Oregon militants will stand their ground

“What this is saying is that Cliven Bundy is taking control of things,” Cliven said in an interview from his ranch in Bunkerville, Nevada on Monday afternoon. “If we don’t retain it , then we’ve lost everything that we’ve done in the last two months. We’re not gonna give up.”

He added: “This is not Ammon’s message. This is my message … We’ve made a decision to retain it … The feds are going to get out of there.”

Full article

He sent this official Bundytastic letter to the Oregon Sheriff, the Oregon Governor, and The White House:

Spoiler
IMG_0224.jpg

That's right, he's telling the feds and police to leave the county. That ought to be effective.

Bundy has taken to speaking as "We the people of the United States." Huh? He sure isn't speaking for me.

"We the People of Harney County and also We the People of the citizens of the United States DO GIVE NOTICE THAT WE WILL RETAIN POSSESSION OF THE HARNEY COUNTY RESOURCE CENTER,"

And "We the people of Harney County"? What? They're not even from Oregon, let alone Harney county. The four remaining occupiers are from Ohio, Idaho, and Nevada. Bundy's from Nevada. "We the people of Harney county"?

The entire thing is just becoming sadder. That a person died for nutcase Bundy to stomp around playing God's prophet of American freedom is wrong and sad.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Cruz wants and needs the evangelical, apocalyptic-minded voter, and he pandered to them in Iowa in a big way. He told them to ""awaken the body of Christ that we may pull back from the abyss," and to "strap on the full armor of God, get ready for the attacks that are coming."

And they heard the call: ""I think the Lord spoke tonight and told me to vote for Ted Cruz," said John McCreedie, a pastor in Council Bluffs.

Cruz is as scary as Trump, he's just a different kind of scary.

let me guess - you're backing hillary

zoo22

In the latest document posted on the Bundy freedom extravaganza website, the "Pacific Patriots Network" has said:

"PPN is dedicated to a PEACEFUL operation. If you have any ill intent, please do not come. We do not need you. Please come prepared with civilian attire and adhere to the policy of no long guns within the community."

source

I think that's great they're dissuading troublemakers coming to Oregon and stressing the need to be peaceful and that they're enacting gun control within their ranks... But hey, wait a sec, the Pacific Patriots Network is finding a need for gun control, and is banning long guns in the community?... What about FREEDOM?