America Needs More Men Like This In D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So...shall we put Rep. Gowdy down as a vote in favor of prosecuting the CIA and Bush administration officials for torture?

There are no rules in war. And they did not commit torture. But you already know, you have already been shown over and over. You lying pig faced demon.

shagster01

I really don't want to take this discussion any further to derail my own thread. We disagree on the definition of torture that is safe to say...

We don't disagree. You are just wrong. Here is the definition. . .

torture

transitive verb

1: to cause (someone) to experience severe physical pain especially as a form of punishment or to force that person to do or say something

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/torture

moving on now.

Yes. Moving on now.

TracerBullet

If I were a terrorist that had just cost the lives of 3000 innocent people I would not expect that the treatment would be any less, in fact I would be praying for a bullet, should we have put them up in the Waldorf Astoria? Room service?
so as long as someone is just accused of some crime then torture is all right

And no, I would not call anything that was done torture. I wonder though how you think cowards that attack innocents to further their cause, rather than wear a uniform & fight like men should be treated? Please do tell...

It is wrong because we are a nation of laws and or ethical principles. We are supposed to be the good guys. Torture is NEVER the right thing to do. It is NEVER good or just or moral. It is bad enough that our great country engaged in such heinous acts but what is worse is listening to listening to the disgusting justifications and even glorification of torture that conservatives are putting forward.
You should be ashamed

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
so as long as someone is just accused of some crime then torture is all right

It is wrong because we are a nation of laws and or ethical principles. We are supposed to be the good guys. Torture is NEVER the right thing to do. It is NEVER good or just or moral. It is bad enough that our great country engaged in such heinous acts but what is worse is listening to listening to the disgusting justifications and even glorification of torture that conservatives are putting forward.
You should be ashamed

Tracie this thread is not to discuss torture, if that is what you want to discuss then start a thread and please refrain from derailing this one any further with this bunny trail. The OP is about Trey Gowdy...any thoughts?

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
We don't disagree. You are just wrong. Here is the definition. . .

torture

transitive verb

1: to cause (someone) to experience severe physical pain especially as a form of punishment or to force that person to do or say something

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/torture

Yes. Moving on now.

Yes, we do disagree and Please do...move on that is. The OP is about Trey Gowdy not torture my next action will be to report you for thread hijacking.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Harold Watson "Trey" Gowdy III

- 2009, Gowdy announced that he would challenge incumbent Republican U.S. Congressman Bob Inglis in the Republican primary for South Carolina's 4th congressional district

- Inglis, who got a 93% lifetime rating from the American Conservative Union, angered the conservative wing of the Republican Party by taking stances that were perceived to be more moderate than those he'd taken when he'd first represented the district

- angered conservatives in his district when he supported cap and trade as a result of his belief that global warming is man made
- like most of the challengers, Gowdy ran well to Inglis' right"

- Gowdy opposed Speaker John Boehner’s debt limit bill, and he voted against the final debt ceiling agreement

- also opposed the 2011 defense authorization bill, citing concerns about the prospect of Americans being detained without trial on national security grounds

- 2012, he received the Defender of Economic Freedom award from the fiscally conservative 501(c)4 organization Club for Growth (Gowdy scored 97 out of 100)

- ardent social conservative, Gowdy considers himself "pro-life plus." He not only believes "in the sanctity of life"

- Gowdy signed the Contract From America, which aims to defund, repeal, and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, limit United States Environmental Protection Agency regulations, enact a reform of the federal tax code, pass a balanced budget amendment, and end earmarks

- March 4, 2014, Gowdy introduced the ENFORCE the Law Act of 2014 (H.R. 4138; 113th Congress) into the House.[25] The bill would give the United States House of Representatives and the United States Senate both the standing to sue the President of the United States in a federal district court to clarify a federal law (that is, seek a declaratory judgment) in the event that the executive branch is not enforcing the law.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trey_Gowdy
America Needs More Men Like This In D.C.

As Obama's critics have often stated, it takes more than a good speech to be an effective politician!

Last edited:

WizardofOz

Abortion is legal too. So I guess you see no fault in that either.

Would you like to have your cake, or eat it?

I think it's a fair point. Who cares if these tactics can be rationalized as "legal"? Were they moral, were they just? Would we want these tactics utilized on American prisoners abroad?

Dig deeper. Just because no one is going down for these "legal" atrocities doesn't mean we should argue that they were right.

They weren't.

We executed Japanese for utilizing these same tactics against our own. What changed that now makes them right?

Is that moral relativism I hear marching in the background?

Status
Not open for further replies.