Against abortion and against person-hood?

quip

BANNED
Banned
I sincerely don't know what you're asking me to explain.
You say you know the difference between the two.
What is there to defend?

I stated that the methods incurring the death of the fetus are obviously different.

What's the point you're implying by claiming the distinction?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Homicide is a crime.
Death by natural causes is not a crime.

It can be a crime, though not necessarily so.
It's technically the killing of one human by another. As in the case of abortion.

Murder is what you're looking for...and explicitly not applicable to the issue of abortion.

quip

BANNED
Banned
so if we have the opportunity to stop deaths by criminal behavior, we should.
This presupposes that abortion is a crime. Can you support this presupposition?

just like we should act to prevent deaths by natural causes when we can

Agreed...abortion especially. But in doing so established rights and liberties must persevere.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
This presupposes that abortion is a crime. Can you support this presupposition?
kill.gif
If someone were murdering you, would you consider it a crime? Pr 8:36, Mt 7:12
...[E]stablished rights and liberties must persevere.
Whose? Yours? The baby's?

If someone would like to murder you, should we leave it up to them to decide what's right? :freak: Ex 20:13

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I'm definitely against abortion for frivolous reasons. There's only one reason where I would change my mind and that would be if the Mothers life were definitely at risk. I experienced that scenario myself 40 years ago when my Son was born. My wife was giving birth and the nurse came out and told me that her blood pressure was dangerously high. I wasn't offered the choice to abort however, my concern was with my wife's welfare over the birth of my Son. Thank God my Son was born healthy and my wife made it through the process.

Other than that particular reason I am anti-abortion 100%. I was only 25 years old at the time and had met my former wife in High School. We divorced after 12 years of marriage however, I never remarried. I choose to go out of this world being the Husband of one wife. I'm now 65 years old and my ex-Wife and I are best of friends. My Son is married and gave myself and my ex 2 excellent Grand Children, one boy, and one Girl. They are both cute as a bug.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Why is it ok to kill a human, in the case of abortion?

Our laws and social morality allow us to end/deny a human life under certain circumstances...abortion is one of them.

I've had debates on this very subject with others here that actually hold a rational pro-life approach...I have a feeling you're not one of them so, I won't waste my time.

glassjester

My wife was giving birth and the nurse came out and told me that her blood pressure was dangerously high. I wasn't offered the choice to abort however, my concern was with my wife's welfare over the birth of my Son. Thank God my Son was born healthy and my wife made it through the process.

Are you saying that if they'd "given you the option," you would have told the doctors to kill your son, as he was being born? How would that have even helped?

Would that even be considered abortion?

glassjester

Our laws and social morality allow us to end/deny a human life under certain circumstances...abortion is one of them.

Yes, I understand. I am asking why abortion is "one of them."

I've had debates on this very subject with others here that actually hold a rational pro-life approach...I have feeling you're not one of them so, I won't waste my time.

It's funny how you irrationally (ie, "I have a feeling") call me irrational.
What have I said that's irrational? Be specific.

Here's a question: What's the best pro-life argument you've heard, and why do you disagree with it?

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
[If someone were murdering you, would you consider it a crime? Pr 8:36, Mt 7:12] "Not if I reside within a womb."
A mother's womb should be the safest place in America--not the most dangerous place for a child. Pr 31:8

[Whose rights must persevere?] Mom's
The mother's rights? What if her neighbor would like to murder her? What about his rights? :freak:

[If someone would like to murder you, should we leave it up to them to decide what's right for them?] "No."
You, child killer, should be protected but an innocent baby should not (Pr 23:7, 2 Tim. 3:2, Phil. 2:21).

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I understand. I am asking why abortion is "one of them."

It's funny how you irrationally (ie, "I have a feeling") call me irrational.
What have I said that's irrational? Be specific.

I didn't say you were irrational. At least not yet...your approach may be questionable though.

Here's a question: What's the best pro-life argument you've heard, and why do you disagree with it?

TH has a rational approach...though mere rationality may not solve the complex issue of abortion. Feel free to read our discussion in this very thread.

quip

BANNED
Banned
A mother's womb should be the safest place in America--not the most dangerous place for a child. Pr 31:8

Where does that come from? From 60-80% of fetuses never see fruition...naturally.

The mother's rights? What if her neighbor would like to murder her? What about his rights? :freak:

If the mother is inside their womb....the neighbor has every right. To the less absurd, the neighbor has every right to refuse giving the mother his blood, even if in doing so the mother perishes - if he deems so.

You, child killer, should be protected but an innocent baby should not (Pr 23:7, 2 Tim. 3:2, Phil. 2:21).

Sure, it's protected...just not at the expense of mother's established rights. Simple really, you just need to get over that knee-jerk, emotional hurdle you've so stubbornly clung to. :idunno:

glassjester

TH has a rational approach...though mere rationality may not solve the complex issue of abortion. Feel free to read our discussion in this very thread.

Has he made the best pro-life argument that you've heard?
Could you briefly explain his argument for being pro-life?

PureX

Abortion is the intentional killing of an innocent human.
That's fact. Not opinion.
No, it's not. Because it's not a fact that a developing fetus is an "innocent human". In fact, the whole idea of an "innocent human" is completely subjective.

Do you believe that all humans have a right to life?
No, I do not.

As soon as we start deciding which humans do and do not have a right to be alive (whether it's based on age, sex, race, religion, size, or ability to perform certain tasks), then we deny the existence of human rights completely.
No, we do not.

We do currently decide which humans are to be afforded a right to life and which are not. And yet we have not denied the existence of human rights, completely, or even mostly. Such an assertion is absurd even on the face of it. Though it's a typical comment from extremists, who can't cognate reality any other way but in terms of the most absurd extremes.