Adultery, the Unmarried

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
It is possible but not desired on pain of death for an unmarried man to commit adultery with an unmarried woman. Agree?

Thou shalt not commit adultery [Exod. 20:14].

"We are living today in the middle of a sex revolution. Sex is certainly not new, but it is still adultery when it is committed outside of wedlock. God makes this very clear. Man may think he has changed this commandment but he has not. This commandment still stands." McGee, J. V. (1991). Thru the Bible commentary: The Law (Exodus 19–40) (electronic ed., Vol. 5, p. 29). Nashville: Thomas Nelson.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Bible is very clear that adultery involves sex between a married woman and a man that is not her husband.
A married man that has sex with an unmarried woman cannot, by definition, commit adultery.
It does not matter that you want adultery to include a married man having sex with an unmarried woman, but doing that is rejecting the Biblical definition of adultery.

Leviticus 20:10
10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.​

There is not even a single place in the Bible where a married man having sex with an unmarried woman is called adultery.
If two unmarried people have sex it is adultery. However, they are required to be married. Read the Torah. I do not understand all cases.

genuineoriginal

I do not know how you interpret or understand fornication. You need to study the Torah however.
Here is the dictionary definition of fornication:

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Here is the dictionary definition of fornication:
I do not know that you will find a definition in the

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
What is the difference between adultery and fornication?
Adultery is a man and a woman who is not his wife. The belief that a man should only be married to one woman exists. Jesus did speak of a reason for divorce. I do not know any reason for remarriage.

genuineoriginal

Adultery is a man and a woman who is not his wife. The belief that a man should only be married to one woman exists. Jesus did speak of a reason for divorce. I do not know any reason for remarriage.
According to Jesus, the woman that is divorced is the one committing adultery along with any man that marries the divorced woman.

Matthew 5:32
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.​

This is because adultery is only between a married (bethrothed, divorced) woman and a man that is not her original husband.

WizardofOz

OK, then what is fornication?

You're failing to differentiate between the two concepts.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
According to Jesus, the woman that is divorced is the one committing adultery along with any man that marries the divorced woman.

Matthew 5:32
32 But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.​

This is because adultery is only between a married (bethrothed, divorced) woman and a man that is not her original husband.
Do you know if it is possible for a man to commit adultery? Perhaps you are a woman.

An adulterer and an adultress?

What is an adult? Because have you joined the world of adults?

When I was a child I was as a child. When I grew older I joined the world of adults.

I have never been married.

I am a man.

No one has ever been married to me.

I do not intend to get married.

A woman may make the decision to marry. It is that a woman may become married to a man. Though it may not be her decision even if she wants to. For a man may ask his future bride to marry him. And this may be Jewish and arranged. May the whole world obey God in regard to marriage. We do not regulate what happens among the Gentiles. However, there are commands for Gentiles to obey, to observe. So yes this includes marriage. However, it is not true because a person may become a convert. And it may be that a man cannot become a Levite or join a number of tribes or choose or pick a tribe. A proselyte may live in the land.

I have chosen the tribe of Levi. But a convert cannot be of any tribe. I am Orthodox. I eat Orthodox. I live among Gentiles, as a Jew. I have not officially converted. But I protect Israel with my life and I do not lie.

I am an Israelite, a Jew, of Israel, I belong to Israel. I am Jewish. I am not an Israeli though I have been called an Israeli. I have never lived in the land. Eretz Yisrael. I am a Levite. A Cohen. A Levitical Priest. I know about the High Priest, something I was never to admit to.

Shalom.

יגקב
Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
OK, then what is fornication?

You're failing to differentiate between the two concepts.
Are we to define fornication in Israel? May we never have to. In the New Testament one translation is sexual immorality, sex between a man and a woman, no matter the age.

WizardofOz

Are we to define fornication in Israel? May we never have to. In the New Testament one translation is sexual immorality, sex between a man and a woman, no matter the age.

It's defined in the Torah as well. Jews certainly differentiate. Here is the definition from the Jewish Encyclopedia:

FORNICATION:

By: Solomon Schechter, Lewis N. Dembitz
Cohabitation between a man, married or unmarried, and an unmarried woman. While the common law speaks of intercourse between a married man and an unmarried woman as adultery, followed herein by many American statutes which grant a divorce for the "adultery of the husband," the Authorized Version of the Old Testament uses the word "fornication" four times, always in a figurative sense. In the New Testament it stands for the Greek πόρνεια; and as a husband is bidden not to divorce his wife except for this offense, the word is there evidently an equivalent for "adultery."

Fornication is the same in Jewish as in the common law. It is a much lighter offense than Adultery or Incest, in which both participants are punished with death.

Also “Marriage and Sex According to Torah”

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, a man commits adultery when he has sex with a woman that is married to some other man.

The adulteress is always a married woman and the adulterer is any man, married or unmarried, who is not her husband but has sex with her.
It is not good for a man to touch a woman, but to remain as Paul was.

Do you know what a chaste and pure virgin is?

The High Priest, Levitical and of Aaron, is only to marry a virgin.