ECT Acts realism vs MAD theoretics: Acts 16:3

Right Divider

Body part
I don't know what you are saying on the first.
Go look at your post: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...cs-Acts-16-3&p=4865948&viewfull=1#post4865948

Oh, so God is going to make a pyramid huh?
I didn't say that. I was simply pointing that we CANNOT go further than scripture allows.

You, on the other hand, will make just about ANY wild claim that goes well beyond what scripture says.

When are you going to realize when the thing is symbolic. the point is that it is unshakeable, which we knew from Hebrews. Do you put 'walls' and 'gates' on pyramids? You are just being oppositional no matter where that takes you. Do you like that ring in your nose?
No ring here; just another false accusation from one of the most clueless posters here on TOL.

It is on the NHNE, which I have been saying all along. There is nothing that confines it to the same properties as we now know. Otherwise, you would have known, wouldn't you?
Fallacious logic again; typical of you.

What we do know is that God and Christ are the light and temple, which is already true now, isn't that interesting? Once again, we get to taste the world to come in the Gospel.
You do not know what the gospel of the grace of God is; neither do you know the new covenant is. At least you're consistent.

SimpleMan77

Did Jesus intend for the Jewish nation to accept the Apostles, and a kingdom to be set up with His apostles ruling over it? Did He think that was going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Interplanner

Go look at your post: http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...cs-Acts-16-3&p=4865948&viewfull=1#post4865948

I didn't say that. I was simply pointing that we CANNOT go further than scripture allows.

You, on the other hand, will make just about ANY wild claim that goes well beyond what scripture says.

No ring here; just another false accusation from one of the most clueless posters here on TOL.

Fallacious logic again; typical of you.

You do not know what the gospel of the grace of God is; neither do you know the new covenant is. At least you're consistent.

But you said it could be a pyramid, so why can't it be a cube like the artists have done when trying to 'illustrate' Revelation?

Walls and gates on a pyramid? Please talk about the post instead of how smart you are or dumb you think I am.

It is on the NHNE where the old kind had passed away. Please understand, none of it was meant to be blueprint correct or schematic as we know it. You realize that much don't you?

Not know the gospel of grace, now that's a leap! I don't know the Gospel of Grace because Christ is the light and God is the temple. Yeah, perfect sense brother!

The new covenant in the blood of Christ is the Gospel of God being in Christ to take away the debt of sin. God was in Christ. That is the new covenant as preached by Paul and as enjoyed by the writer of Hebrews. Where else are we supposed to look?

Right Divider

Body part
But you said it could be a pyramid, so why can't it be a cube like the artists have done when trying to 'illustrate' Revelation?
It COULD be either one, that was my point. But you're too dumb to understand a simple concept.

Walls and gates on a pyramid? Please talk about the post instead of how smart you are or dumb you think I am.
Impossible?

It is on the NHNE where the old kind had passed away. Please understand, none of it was meant to be blueprint correct or schematic as we know it. You realize that much don't you?
I realize that there will be some things that are different and some things that are the same.

Not know the gospel of grace, now that's a leap! I don't know the Gospel of Grace because Christ is the light and God is the temple. Yeah, perfect sense brother!
I wasn't trying to connect the two in that way. My point is that you're so ignorant of just about everything that it's practically impossible to have any sort of sensible conversation with you.

The new covenant in the blood of Christ is the Gospel of God being in Christ to take away the debt of sin. God was in Christ. That is the new covenant as preached by Paul and as enjoyed by the writer of Hebrews. Where else are we supposed to look?
So, once again, you do NOT know what the gospel of the grace of God is.

It sounds like your version of "God was in Christ." is a puppet show. There is NO verse in the Bible that simply says "God was in Christ.". That's just you Bible chopping again.

2Cor 5:19 (AKJV/PCE)
(5:19) To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
There's that "born again" thing for one. Bad translation.

Treating all their children like little pagans to be evangelized.

They treat God's word as more a cutoff than a union of God and man-
one has to slide through an itty bitty opening in the fence they've cut out. And there's a litmus involved :rolleyes:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What about that 'Easter' thing? Only one translation gets that one correct.

Acts 12:4 NASB When he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him to four [fn]squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out before the people.

Acts 12:4 NKJV So when he had arrested him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him, intending to bring him before the people after Passover.

Acts 12:4 NET When he had seized him, he put him in prison, handing him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him. Herod planned to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.

Acts 12:4 ESV And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people.

Be careful of the ESV though, I hardly use it.

Right Divider

Body part
Acts 12:4 NASB When he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him to four [fn]squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out before the people.

Acts 12:4 NKJV So when he had arrested him, he put him in prison, and delivered him to four squads of soldiers to keep him, intending to bring him before the people after Passover.

Acts 12:4 NET When he had seized him, he put him in prison, handing him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him. Herod planned to bring him out for public trial after the Passover.

Acts 12:4 ESV And when he had seized him, he put him in prison, delivering him over to four squads of soldiers to guard him, intending after the Passover to bring him out to the people.

Be careful of the ESV though, I hardly use it.
Thanks for confirming that these are all incorrect.

Right Divider

Body part
From the Holy Spirit. The Spirit knows and maybe BO knows, who knows?
So God's written Word has been lost and we have to be guided only by the Holy Spirit?

That's NOT what the Word of God says. The "spirit" that you're following is leading you astray.

Last edited:

whitestone

Why? But before you answer that, you should know: I don't base any doctrine on the Rev unless it is perfectly clear elsewhere.

lol,(translation),,,"the only thing I actually know for sure is that I might not know,so I don’t want to treat a certain book as scripture",,,Haaa!

heir

TOL Subscriber
They treat God's word as more a cutoff than a union of God and man-
2 Timothy 2:15 KJV
one has to slide through an itty bitty opening in the fence they've cut out. And there's a litmus involved :rolleyes:
:nono:

1 Timothy 2:4-6 KJV

Have you trusted the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation?

Interplanner

lol,(translation),,,"the only thing I actually know for sure is that I might not know,so I don’t want to treat a certain book as scripture",,,Haaa!

No, it is a method since the Reformation. The letters interp the Gospels
The doctrine portions of the letters interp the historical accounts.
The doctrine portions of the letters interp the symbolic passages.
etc.

Don't base anything in the Rev that is not cleared elsewhere.

And besides what is God is the light and Christ is the temple anyway?