ECT Acronyms for those debating MAD

heir

TOL Subscriber
The problem is Heir missed v5 when making his/her distinction between the 12 and Paul. ALL THESE KINDS OF DISTINCTIONS IN THE NT ARE BETWEEN THE GOSPEL AND JUDAISM. The recipient of the promises and fellowship etc was all known since 'in your Seed all the nations will be blessed.' The problem was whether it came through the Law or the Gospel. Gal 3:17 says someone tried to switch this. Go figure that out.
Reading Galatians into Ephesians is a nono. That is wrongly dividing the word of truth! It is clear from the scripture that the Ephesians mystery was in other ages not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit/hid in God/unsearchable! And the 12 have nothing to do with the dispensation of the grace of God to the "you Gentiles"! Christ in Gentiles such as them (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and us by extension was a mystery just like it was for the Colossians!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Interplanner

Reading Galatians into Ephesians is a nono. That is wrongly dividing the word of truth! It is clear from the scripture that the Ephesians mystery was in other ages not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit/hid in God/unsearchable! And the 12 have nothing to do with the dispensation of the grace of God to the "you Gentiles"! Christ in Gentiles such as them (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV) and us by extension was a mystery just like it was for the Colossians!

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Colossians 1:27 To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Colossians 1:28 Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:

Sorry, but in your Seed all the nations would be blessed. Abraham knew that was about Christ, but post-exilic Judaism did not.

He just mentioned prophets and apostles in Eph 3. How did you miss it?

The mystery of these passages (Rom 16, Eph 3, Col 1) is not the location, recipients or the things shared. It is the channel of the Law. Post-exilic Judaism thought it all channeled through the Law. The surprise was that it all came through the Gospel.

Interplanner

right or wrong dividing does not have to do with these kinds of theology issues! It has to do with church admin issues. Widows without money vs those with. Widows without kids vs those with.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Ephesians 3:5 KJV
(5) Which in other ages was not made known unto the sons of men, as it is now revealed unto his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit;

Tell us what's not right about the "English layout" of that verse.

List all the phrases in the verse and tell us what their cases in Greek are.
You miss out when never coming up for air.
goodnight

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
right or wrong dividing does not have to do with these kinds of theology issues! It has to do with church admin issues. Widows without money vs those with. Widows without kids vs those with.

Huh?

Did you fall on your head?