About the Easter holiday...

BlackMess

Is Easter a pagan fertility or a passover?

Alot of people say, Easter has to do with the Jewish passover, not the pagan fertility celebration. How true is that?

daqq

Alot of people say, Easter has to do with the Jewish passover, not the pagan fertility celebration. How true is that?

Oops, pardon me, I just thought your screen name said, "BlackMass", (silly me).
But now that I see I was wrong, welcome to the forum. :)

WatchmanOnTheWall

Yes the Catholics change the date. Same with Shavuot/Penticost and Tabernacles/Harvest Festival. It's really Satan hiding the importance of the Jewish feasts and how they are there to help us recognise God's plan:

Deuteronomy 16:16 – Three times a year all your men must appear before the LORD your God at the place he will choose:

Passover : Fulfilled by Jesus

Shavuot (Pentecost) : Fulfilled by Jesus

Tabernacles (Harvest festival) : To be Fulfilled…

Jesus actually fulfilled 10 out of 12 Jewish holy-days and is beyond coincidence. Therefore He must return on the ones He has yet to fulfil, this is the Day of Atonement and the Feast of Tabernacles that celebrates the harvest. Many know it as Harvest festival and it alludes to the great harvest of souls at the end of age. I hope and pray you can see and believe this and will not be like the Jews who missed His first coming by not recognising all the signs of Jesus fulfilling Passover. When Jesus said ‘no one knows the day’ He said it in the present tense, God did not say no one would ever know:

Amos 3:7
Surely the Sovereign LORD does nothing without revealing his plan to his servants the prophets.

Jesus Himself also alluded to the fact that He would fulfil Tabernacles at a later time:

John 7:2 & 8 – But when the Jewish Festival of Tabernacles was near, [Jesus said] “You go to the festival. I am not going up to this festival, because my time has not yet fully come.”

Jesus then purposefully misses the feast of Tabernacles which is on day 15 and then lasts 8 days. However, Jesus does turn up after having deliberately missed this specific day:

John 7:10 & 14 – But after his brothers had gone up to the feast, then Jesus also went up, not publicly but in secret. About halfway through the feast Jesus went up into the temple and began teaching.