About myself

Fresa Salvaje

I love champagne, French cakes, wines and cheeses; Sicilian oranges, English cider, Valencian horchata and paella, Italian pasta (fettucine ai funghi porcini), Argentinian meat (bife de lomo), ham from Extremadura, la torta del Casar, Norwegian salmon, Venetian fritelas, Swiss chocolate, waffen, figs and grapes with cheese, the "bloody Mary", the carajillo with Baileys and the good sense of humour.

I am Catholic, Apostolic, Roman and monarchist (like Salvador Dalí), as well as an florentine, Renaissance, Aristotelian/thomist pessimistic Spanish girl. An epicurean dreamer, and a non-fanatical ecologist, an indefatigable flaneuse, traditionalist anarchist and frivolous but not shallow.

I like the starry universe, the Austrian mountains, the Greek philosophy, the Roman law, the Christian faith, the European science, the Baroque architecture, the Italian sculpture, the Spanish paintings from the Golden Age, the German and Italian music, the French and Russian literature from the XIX, the Hollywod cinema up to the last third of the XX, the British courtesy, the foreign princes and Brazilian football players. I am excited about the sea, but I prefer the mountains. Of course, I hardly watch t.v.

Odi profanum vulgus, I love sonnets and detest eccentricities...

That's all. Ask for the rest. :cloud9:

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Detest eccentricities...

There a lot of eccentric members here. Welcome to the jungle.

Fresa Salvaje

Thanks (and for the correction). It doesn't matter, I didn't expect anything else, and I came here being aware that most forums are the party of the eccentrics. :party:

bybee

I love champagne, French cakes, wines and cheeses; Sicilian oranges, English cider, Valencian horchata and paella, Italian pasta (fettucine ai funghi porcini), Argentinian meat (bife de lomo), ham from Extremadura, la torta del Casar, Norwegian salmon, Venetian fritelas, Swiss chocolate, waffen, figs and grapes with cheese, the "bloody Mary", the carajillo with Baileys and the good sense of humour.

I am Catholic, Apostolic, Roman and monarchist (like Salvador Dalí), as well as an florentine, Renaissance, Aristotelian/thomist pessimistic Spanish girl. An epicurean dreamer, and a non-fanatical ecologist, an indefatigable flaneuse, traditionalist anarchist and frivolous but not shallow.

I like the starry universe, the Austrian mountains, the Greek philosophy, the Roman law, the Christian faith, the European science, the Baroque architecture, the Italian sculpture, the Spanish paintings from the Golden Age, the German and Italian music, the French and Russian literature from the XIX, the Hollywod cinema up to the last third of the XX, the British courtesy, the foreign princes and Brazilian football players. I am excited about the sea, but I prefer the mountains. Of course, I hardly watch t.v.

Odi profanum vulgus, I love sonnets and detest eccentricities...

That's all. Ask for the rest. :cloud9:

How can one be both monarchist and anarchist at the same time?
But eccentricities tend to be hallmarks of the upper classes.
You appear to be a contradiction in your own definitions?
Very interesting!

Newman

¡Ahh, una española! Finalmente tengo alguien con quien yo pueda hablar castellano.

Pero había sido un rato desde lo hablaba.

o algo asi

Fresa Salvaje

How can one be both monarchist and anarchist at the same time?
But eccentricities tend to be hallmarks of the upper classes.
You appear to be a contradiction in your own definitions?
Very interesting!

Well, yes! humans are contradictory... otherwise, how boring!

But anyway, taking concepts to the extreme leads to contradiction, there are always the grey shades between black and white. Now, what I mean by anarchist is not in the absolute sense of the term, as in a political doctrine. The horror! :madmad: but in the meaning of "confusion, mess, even mischief or incoherence" if you like, which season life a bit :coffee:

As for the eccentricities, there are many kinds, cheap and expensive... but I don't regard peculiarities as eccentricities when I mentioned them but as the product of a deliberate abnormal state of the inherent qualities of a person.

It's a matter of meaning and nuances.:angel:

Nice to be interesting anyway !

Newman

Cuando usted quiera,
a mandar. :jump:

Can I ask about your name, Newman?

ah it kind of has multiple functions

on the most superficial level, it is my last name

at one point, I was new here, and so I was somewhat of a "new man" at TOL

it is also somewhat humorous, given the seinfeld character and catchphrase

even deeper, I am made new in Christ, and so in that sense I am a "new man"

And what of yours? "wild strawberries"?

Fresa Salvaje

ah it kind of has multiple functions

on the most superficial level, it is my last name

at one point, I was new here, and so I was somewhat of a "new man" at TOL

it is also somewhat humorous, given the seinfeld character and catchphrase

even deeper, I am made new in Christ, and so in that sense I am a "new man"

And what of yours? "wild strawberries"?

Aye, that is nice, simple and direct. I thought it might have some connection with some notable religious characters or something.

Mine? ekhhhh, it's more wordly :sigh: , Fresa Salvaje after a song of the 70's. The name is also refreshing and natural in some way. I like simple natural things, and wild in the nice sense of the word.

See you later! and I will answer that question about pacifist anarchists. :juggle:

Samstarrett

¡Bienvenida! Mi español probablemente es diferente para usted porque yo estudio con una guatemalteca, pero conozco un poquito castellano también y me gusta escuchar musica en él, así quizás podamos hablar.

También yo soy monárquico, y si esto no es bastante raro para un estadounidense, soy realistísima. Su rey me gusta mucho, especialmente cuando dijo a Hugo Chávez "¿Por qué no te callas?", pero pienso que él hizo un error en hacer su país muy democratico y dar, en mi opinión humilde, demasiado de su poder al gobierno elegido.

Sin embargo, yo digo "¡Viva el Rey! ¡Viva España!"

Adiós,

Sam Starrett