Abortion///cont.

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Correct.You first need the capacity to independently breath to be able to utter such.
Little already-born kids can't talk right away either, and so can't defend themselves against people lobbying for the right to kill them indiscriminately either.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Little already-born kids can't talk right away either, and so can't defend themselves against people lobbying for the right to kill them indiscriminately either.

and that brings us back to the murdered 11 day old baby in edmonton

the case in which quip, by his own words, can't call a murder

glassjester

and that brings us back to the murdered 11 day old baby in edmonton

the case in which quip, by his own words, can't call a murder

Certainly an 11-day-old baby is a bigger impingement on the mother's autonomy than a child still in the womb. So much more demanding!

Why shouldn't the 11-day-old be killed, by the same legal principle that the pre-born child is killed?

ok doser

Certainly an 11-day-old baby is a bigger impingement on the mother's autonomy than a child still in the womb. So much more demanding!

Why shouldn't the 11-day-old be killed, by the same legal principle that the pre-born child is killed?

why indeed? :idunno:

ok doser

It seems that conception is only objective point at which one's right to life can begin. No other point in one's life can be objectively referred to as "the beginning."

everything past the beginning falls on the continuum of life, from development to maturation to decline to death

there's only two unambiguous points on that continuum

glassjester

You and I have no moral obligation to bodily sustain another's life by way of our own.

Do you agree with this...why or why not?

I do not agree.

There are plenty of circumstances in which a person's life may depend on the actions of your body. Literally every single time one person cares for another's physical needs, they have sustained the life of the other's body, by way of their own.

Are there really no circumstances under which someone would be morally obligated to do so? Surely, there are many.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I do not agree.

There are plenty of circumstances in which a person's life may depend on the actions of your body. Literally every single time one person cares for another's physical needs, they have sustained the life of the other's body, by way of their own.

Are there really no circumstances under which someone would be morally obligated to do so? Surely, there are many.

Though not unequivocally so.
I've no moral requirement to give you my blood even as doing so incurs your death.

quip

BANNED
Banned
I've no moral requirement to give you my blood even as doing so incurs your death.

Deep down jester..et al. you know this is correct, it's just that this reality paints an ugly picture; it's not retributive enough for the likes of you.

This woman simply must pay for her irresponsibilities and sexual malfeasance...correct?

"Life" is simply a side-bar to the true satisfying aim of moral redress.

glassjester

Deep down jester..et al. you know this is correct, it's just that this reality paints an ugly picture; it's not retributive enough for the likes of you.

This woman simply must pay for her irresponsibilities and sexual malfeasance...correct?

Absolutely not. Please do not assume an ulterior motive. I value honesty and sincerity.

I try always to explain my beliefs plainly and openly. Truly, I have no hidden agenda.

glassjester

Yes, I agree.

But there can exist circumstances in which I would be morally obligated to act (ie, use my body) to preserve the life of another. Do you agree?

quip

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I agree.

But there can exist circumstances in which I would be morally obligated to act (ie, use my body) to preserve the life of another. Do you agree?

Personally engaged morality, of course. (That's the essence of choice) I'm saying there's no moral necessity to do so.

glassjester

Do you truly believe that I am pro-life for the sake of punishing a mother?

That makes as much sense as saying you are pro-choice for the sake of punishing unborn children. I would not assume this of you, and I would appreciate it very much if you would not assume such of me.

Perhaps pro-life people are just that - pro-life.