Abortion///cont.

Lon

If so, then this partcular point remains entirely irrelevant to you. Keep up the good fight. :up:
AND to you! That is my point. The day you say 'Yes, someone is alive because I exist on the planet' I'd think you can speak about what it means to be pro-life having at least participated. At what point are we 'excused?' Just one? I would THINK, one wouldn't be first to cast the first 'not pro-life' stone if they are in no way pro-life themselves. How pro-life does one have to be to actually 'be' pro-life? What is the standard? Why is it "the" standard? (sorry for asking yet again). -Lon

glassjester

If so, then this partcular point remains entirely irrelevant to you. Keep up the good fight. :up:

Such flawed reasoning.

I assume you are against mugging. By your logic - you are disingenuous in your stance against mugging, unless you actively prevent muggings from taking place.

Must you actively prevent a mugging in order to recognize that it is morally wrong?

Reactions: Lon

glassjester

And I proceeded to give you (a seemingly) obvious moral example....which you've neither admitted to as being a moral exception nor gave argument to it remaining immoral.
Pick one and run with it!

Do you not see that I am already trying to discuss your example with you?

My question (what medical condition necessitates an abortion) is part of the discussion. Care to continue discussing?

quip

BANNED
Banned
AND to you! That is my point. The day you say 'Yes, someone is alive because I exist on the planet' I'd think you can speak about what it means to be pro-life having at least participated. At what point are we 'excused?' Just one? I would THINK, one wouldn't be first to cast the first 'not pro-life' stone if they are in no way pro-life themselves. How pro-life does one have to be to actually 'be' pro-life? What is the standard? Why is it "the" standard? (sorry for asking yet again). -Lon

Well, to save a life (if that's what you were referring to.) Is a rather high standard. I certainly cannot attest to directly savings one's life (perhaps, in indirect ways I'll never witness.)

The difference I'm exposing is soapbox idealism vs getting your hands dirty...a genuine reverence for life vs a political agenda. Many (not all) take the pro-life banner for the latter purpose.

quip

BANNED
Banned
Do you not see that I am already trying to discuss your example with you?

My question (what medical condition necessitates an abortion) is part of the discussion. Care to continue discussing?

No, you're dodging it. One or the other...moral or immoral?

Eagles Wings

Well, to save a life (if that's what you were referring to.) Is a rather high standard. I certainly cannot attest to directly savings one's life (perhaps, in indirect ways I'll never witness.)

The difference I'm exposing is soapbox idealism vs getting your hands dirty...a genuine reverence for life vs a political agenda. Many (not all) take the pro-life banner for the latter purpose.
Having a reverence for life does not preclude a political agenda as well.

I personally have a strong distaste for the politics involved in protecting the preborn, which is why our financial support goes only to non-political pro-life organizations. For example:

https://prolifeacrossamerica.org/

http://www.rachelsvineyard.org/

http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/

Lon

Are you content with your anti-abortion declaration or not?

Why should the fetus retain rights at the cost of its host's rights?
Some rights are abrogated by a greater need. I don't have the right to keep the fire department from saving a life on my property.
Policemen can 'rightfully' shoot me if I have a gun trying to keep the fire department from saving a life on my property.

I 'think' there are needful implications for this discussion... :think:

quip

BANNED
Banned
Some rights are abrogated by a greater need. I don't have the right to keep the fire department from saving a life on my property.
Policemen can 'rightfully' shoot me if I have a gun trying to keep the fire department from saving a life on my property.

I 'think' there are needful implications for this discussion... :think:

I agree, though are your exceptions more requisite than a woman's seeking abortion?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There's no legal precedent that a fetus entertains the same level of protection to that of birthed individuals.

Sure there is.

"You shall not murder."

Why should the fetus retain rights at the cost of its host's rights?

Because murder is wrong.

Connect that declaration to abortion.

Abortion is murder.

Are you content with your anti-abortion declaration?

Sent from my SM-G9250 using TOL mobile app