a whore for the republican party

drbrumley

Ok Chrys, where are you on these issues?

You believe in the welfare state?
The warfare state?
The police state?
The national security state?
The nanny state?
The regulatory state?
Foreign wars?
Foreign aid?
Drone strikes on civilians?
Torture?
Farm subsidies?
Empire?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Ok Chrys, where are you on these issues?

You believe in the welfare state?
The warfare state?
The police state?
The national security state?
The nanny state?
The regulatory state?
Foreign wars?
Foreign aid?
Drone strikes on civilians?
Torture?
Farm subsidies?
Empire?

I vote republican simply because the democratic party supports abortion

drbrumley

why is that a problem?

You shouldn't and never vote democrat. I'm glad you don't. But the problem is this....The Republicans KNOW you are a one issue voter. So they know you will give them a pass on everything as long as they keep up the APPEARANCE that they will do something about abortion.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You shouldn't and never vote democrat. I'm glad you don't. But the problem is this....The Republicans KNOW you are a one issue voter. So they know you will give them a pass on everything as long as they keep up the APPEARANCE that they will do something about abortion.

so what should we do?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
there are hillary supporters here
but
they don't have the guts to admit it
they don't have to
all they have to do is trash the republican party
they call themselves right wing zealots
and
they are christian
and
of course they are pro life

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It is not a new idea in fact Obama supported the same thing it was called "touchback". I am good with it, I hope he pulls it off, America will be better off for it. If these illegals cannot support themselves without some form of social assistance then don't let them back in the country...period...they are just a drain on the system.

On the substance, Obama backed a policy including a path for citizenship for those undocumented workers in the United States. He also said he supported a so-called touch-back provision so that illegal immigrants would return to their home countries and take their turn at the end of the line of those seeking to come to the United States.

The touch-back is designed so that immigrants now in the United States do not get preference over those who waited to emigrate. It is one of the more controversial parts of immigration reform, opposed by many in the Latino community.

http://cis.org/Krikorian/ObamaTouchbackAmnestyPlan

Stop thinking with your emotional heart Anna, use your brain & logic...supporting millions of illegal aliens is unsustainable and illogical.

You're good with it and you hope Trump pulls it off, even though your own source (here's the full page) calls it "bogus," "phony," and a "gimmick?"

The president this morning spoke at a Hispanic prayer breakfast and reiterated his support for amnesty, but again offered no timeline. One interesting twist is that he endorsed the bogus "touchback" gimmick that was floated during the last round of the amnesty debate, wherein illegal aliens would go home to apply for amnesty, have lunch, then come back legally, thus "rebooting" their status. As the L.A. Times writes:
On the substance, Obama backed a policy including a path for citizenship for those undocumented workers in the United States. He also said he supported a so-called touch-back provision so that illegal immigrants would return to their home countries and take their turn at the end of the line of those seeking to come to the United States.
The touch-back is designed so that immigrants now in the United States do not get preference over those who waited to emigrate. It is one of the more controversial parts of immigration reform, opposed by many in the Latino community.
The point of the gimmick is to show that the illegal aliens are going to "the end of the line" when, in fact, the only way this could be even remotely true would be if the illegal aliens actually moved back home and their amnesty applications could somehow be turned down before they returned — needless to say, none of the touchback proposals were like that. Here's an NRO editorial from 2007 blasting one of the iterations of the phony touchback idea.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
carson spoke on ferguson yesterday - very illuminating - i'd link to it if i could

it was good except for one thing
he said it could happen anywhere
not true
it could happen anywhere children are raised without a father

still waiting for him to address that

drbrumley

what about all the Republican talk about the Constitution, the free market, free enterprise, limited government, smaller government, less regulation, balanced budgets, lower taxes, property rights, and fiscal conservatism? Is it all just lies and hot air? In a word, yes.

Okay, okay, okay, say Republicans, enough already. But you should at least vote for a Republican for president so he can nominate conservative Supreme Court justices and Republicans in the Senate so they can confirm the nominations.

Is that so? Three of the most significant Supreme Court decisions in my lifetime that didn’t turn out how Republicans wanted were:
•Roe v. Wade (abortion)
•National Federation of Independent Business v. Sebelius (Obamacare)
•Obergefell v. Hodges (gay marriage)

The writer of the majority opinion in all three cases was a Republican appointee: Harry Blackmun, John Roberts, and Anthony Kennedy. And why did only three Republicans in the Senate back in 1993 vote against the confirmation of the most radical leftist on the Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

You would have to be out of your mind to vote Republican.

So Chrys, why did only three Republicans in the Senate back in 1993 vote against the confirmation of the most radical leftist on the Supreme Court, Ruth Bader Ginsburg?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I vote republican simply because the democratic party supports abortion

And that's the problem.

why is that a problem?

so what should we do?

are you going to tell us what to do?