ECT A sure Definition of Redemption:

Cross Reference

The being restored/revived "unto something" by the death of Jesus Christ. A releasing of everyone’s soul unto the restored possibilities for the fulfillment of the promises of God set in Himself for every man who believes and acts upon the account which is the reality of what the shedding of the sinless blood of Jesus accomplished..

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
redeemed is not being saved

it means we can be saved

before redemption
we could not be saved
no matter what we did

Ezra 7:10

Cross Reference...I am having a little trouble fully understanding your OP. If what you mean is that the redemption of Christ is God "purifying a people for himself (tit 2:14)," than in a way I understand.

Cross Reference

Cross Reference...I am having a little trouble fully understanding your OP. If what you mean is that the redemption of Christ is God "purifying a people for himself (tit 2:14)," than in a way I understand.

Redemption is that part of our salvation we had nothing to do with. It canceled out the penalty of Adam's transgression, [for which we are not guilty except by being a blood relation]. Redemption opens the way for us to have an 'advocate' with God, Christ Jesus, a blood relationship, something Adam never had.. We now are of a new creation if born again.

God "purifying a people" can only begin at one's new birth, not redemption, not at *salvation. At that point in time is he made a "child" of God and handed over to the teaching of the Holy Spirit for to become a son, one who has learned the ways of God, his Father per 1john2.. This is eternal LIFE as God planned it, set in Himself, for the new born of Him to enter into: "And this is eternal life, that they [might] know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent." John 17:3 (ESV)

*salvation is one who is obviously legally saved but who has not yet entered into a new birth by Christ Jesus. He is given to *"count the cost" before asking for the Holy Spirit.

*"For which of you, desiring to build a tower, does not first sit down and count the cost, whether he has enough to complete it?" Luke 14:28 (ESV) [This is the ultimate reason for salvation, i.e., that we become a son in whom the Father can be well pleased.]

Ask more if still not clear.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Never build your preaching [understanding] of forgiveness on the fact that God is our Father and He will forgive us because He loves us. It is untrue to Jesus Christ’s revelation of God; it makes the Cross unnecessary, and the Redemption “much ado about nothing."

Chambers, O. (1986). My utmost for his highest: Selections for the year. Grand Rapids, MI: Oswald Chambers Publications; Marshall Pickering.

[Emphasis mine]

Cross Reference

yes

it is a big part
but
we must not forget our part

Absolutely!! That part we are indeed responsible otherwise redemption can never be made effective. OMT: By redemption being made complete to us by believing for our salvation are we no longer of Adam's race but that of a new creation by Jesus Christ, the second Adam. Pretty exciting, eh? Jesus came to make Redemption the basis of normal human life.

"The Gospel to me is simply irresistible. Being the man I am, being full of lust and pride and envy and malice and hatred and false good, and all accumulated exaggerated misery—to me the Gospel of the grace of God, and the Redemption of Christ, and the regeneration and sanctification of the Holy Ghost, that Gospel is to me simply irresistible, and I cannot understand why it is not equally irresistible to every mortal man born of woman". . . . . . . . Blaise Paschal.

Cross Reference

We begin our Christian life by believing what we are told to believe, then we have to go on to so assimilate our beliefs that they work out in a way that redounds to the glory of God. The danger is in multiplying the acceptation of beliefs we do not make our own. Every now and again we find ourselves lost in wonder at the marvel of the Redemption; it is a wholesome initial stage, but if Redemption is made the final stage it is perilous. The difficulty of believing in the Redemption in the sense of assimilating it is that it demands renunciation. I have to give up my right to myself in complete surrender to my Lord before what I celebrate becomes a reality. There is always the danger of celebrating what Jesus Christ has done and forgetting the need on our part of moral surrender to Him; if we evade the surrender we become the more intense in celebrating what He has done. Thanks to Calvin the deception has been made easy.

popsthebuilder

The being restored/revived "unto something" by the death of Jesus Christ. A releasing of everyone’s soul unto the restored possibilities for the fulfillment of the promises of God set in Himself for every man who believes and acts upon the account which is the reality of what the shedding of the sinless blood of Jesus accomplished..
Redemption of our rightful place under God. It is through Christ and made available to us through his teachings and examples. Christ is the way.

Cross Reference

Set free from the bindings of fleshly, selfish sin to stop and turn towards the direction of God alone.

That, in part, is what redemption accomplished that we can celebrate Jesus for doing, i.e., He has made a way for us to come directly into the presence God by the shedding of His blood. The righteous will understand this and embrace it because they will be draw to it when a preacher of this "Good News" is sent to them with that explanation. They will know by the witness of the Holy Spirit to their heart as such teaching comes forth. The unrighteous will not, nor will they care, with persecution following after them. I see this difference explained this way by Jesus when He said: "It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every [righteous] man therefore that hath heard, and *hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me." John 6:45 (KJV)

[Emphasis mine] *

One might consider that that is the reason for this: "And he [Jesus] said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.
John 6:65-66 (KJV)