ECT A servant of sin abides not in the house forever.

I.S.I.T.

I have heard so many lies and false doctrine being spread about how ongoing sin will not effect your eternal security in Christ. I am going to prove this idea totally false by the words of Jesus. If you truly believe in Jesus Christ, then you will also believe and continue in His words right? Well here goes….

John 8:31-36 “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

These words of Jesus are so plain and simple a child could understand them, but ongoing sinners will still argue against this very plain and simple truth because they themselves are still committing sins and are servants of sin, and thus they will also try to justify themselves and ongoing sin.

Let’s break this down. Jesus said those who commit sin are a servant of sin, and a servant abides not in the house forever. That verse right there crushes this false notion that ongoing sin does not compromise eternal security. The truth is right there in front of your face. A SERVANT OF SIN ABIDES NOT IN THE HOUSE FOREVER!

People, believing in the Truth according to the words of God has the power to set you free from the bondage of sin. Jesus Christ is the very Word of God, which is Truth and is that Eternal Life. Believe in what Jesus said above, and not the lies and false doctrine of carnally minded men. Believe Jesus when He said you can indeed be set free from the bondage of sin and death.

I.S.I.T.

Believing the Truth shall make you free! Believe in the words of Jesus Christ.

And have a nice evening, good night. :)

I.S.I.T.

I think I must have stumped all the Eternal security for ongoing sinners doctrine with the words of Jesus in the OP. Thank you Jesus! :)

DAN P

I have heard so many lies and false doctrine being spread about how ongoing sin will not effect your eternal security in Christ. I am going to prove this idea totally false by the words of Jesus. If you truly believe in Jesus Christ, then you will also believe and continue in His words right? Well here goes….

John 8:31-36 “Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?
34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.”

These words of Jesus are so plain and simple a child could understand them, but ongoing sinners will still argue against this very plain and simple truth because they themselves are still committing sins and are servants of sin, and thus they will also try to justify themselves and ongoing sin.

Let’s break this down. Jesus said those who commit sin are a servant of sin, and a servant abides not in the house forever. That verse right there crushes this false notion that ongoing sin does not compromise eternal security. The truth is right there in front of your face. A SERVANT OF SIN ABIDES NOT IN THE HOUSE FOREVER!

People, believing in the Truth according to the words of God has the power to set you free from the bondage of sin. Jesus Christ is the very Word of God, which is Truth and is that Eternal Life. Believe in what Jesus said above, and not the lies and false doctrine of carnally minded men. Believe Jesus when He said you can indeed be set free from the bondage of sin and death.

Hi and just where did I go wrong , but I must just be so mis-understood by this GRASSHOPPER , yes I am right !!

Which verses causes you to BOLIVATE ??

dan p

I.S.I.T.

Hi and just where did I go wrong , but I must just be so mis-understood by this GRASSHOPPER , yes I am right !!

Which verses causes you to BOLIVATE ??

dan p

Bolivate?? Maybe you mean bloviate? (had to look it up):) And you should not mock Jesus' words in that manner.

But He did teach as one who had authority....

Matthew 7:28-29

28 And it came to pass, when Jesus had ended these sayings, the people were astonished at his doctrine:

29 For he taught them as one having authority, and not as the scribes.

I.S.I.T.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

10 Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.

Galatians 5:19-21

19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 15:33-34

33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

Galatians 2:17
But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid.

I.S.I.T.

Romans 8:13
For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

I.S.I.T.

Wrong set of instructions. Period.

You no like Jesus Christ's instructions? Not a follower of Jesus Christ?

Well, neither are ye a follower of Paul....

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Those words were spoken to the "Lost Sheep of the House of Israel." Did you EVER hear about the Gospel that the Apostle Paul received from the "Ascended Lord Jesus Christ?" Paul's Gospel is what we go by today, in this Dispensation of Grace. Make no mistake about it, the Grace Gospel as preached by Paul is the ONLY Gospel by which both Jew and Gentile are under today.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It's an "Exercise in Futility" to try and live by the "Kingdom Gospel" which was preached by Christ and the other Apostles to the House of Israel. (The Jews if you prefer) You may ask why? The answer would be, there is no Kingdom Gospel today. Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

SaulToPaul 2

It's an "Exercise in Futility" to try and live by the "Kingdom Gospel" which was preached by Christ and the other Apostles to the House of Israel. (The Jews if you prefer) You may ask why? The answer would be, there is no Kingdom Gospel today. Romans 2:16 "In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel."

They can claim they do, but the law will convict all of them as frauds.

1 John 3:4 (KJV)

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You no like Jesus Christ's instructions? Not a follower of Jesus Christ?

Well, neither are ye a follower of Paul....

2 Timothy 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

This post answers NOTHING. Why did you waste your time posting it? Nothing better to do, perhaps?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Corinthians 6:9-10

9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
So true, only the righteous inherit the kingdom.
Let's find out who is righteous.

Romans 5:18 KJV
(18) Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

Guess who that one is.
Hint: It ain't you.

One, not two ----- not your righteousness plus Christ's righteousness.

If you are relying on any of your own righteousness, you are relying on the wrong ONE.

Grace - unmerited favor.
Unmerited.
Unmerited.
Unmerited.