A KINGDOM OF PRIESTS

DougE

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This is the first mention of the promised kingdom. It can be seen from Revelation 5:10 that it is an earthly kingdom. It is evident that it can only be an earthly kingdom, as it will be a "holy nation".

19:8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The kingdom promise was based upon obeying and keeping the covenant. Israel said they would keep that covenant. It will be found that they could not keep the covenant.

19:10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,

Here is the washing of clothes unto sanctification. Here is the first of the diverse washings for Israel to cleanse their unrighteousness before the Lord.

beloved57

Exodus 19:4 Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself.

19:5 Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:

19:6 And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.

This is the first mention of the promised kingdom. It can be seen from Revelation 5:10 that it is an earthly kingdom. It is evident that it can only be an earthly kingdom, as it will be a "holy nation".

19:8 And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do. And Moses returned the words of the people unto the LORD.

The kingdom promise was based upon obeying and keeping the covenant. Israel said they would keep that covenant. It will be found that they could not keep the covenant.

19:10 And the LORD said unto Moses, Go unto the people, and sanctify them to day and to morrow, and let them wash their clothes,

Here is the washing of clothes unto sanctification. Here is the first of the diverse washings for Israel to cleanse their unrighteousness before the Lord.

Nowhere is it stated its a earthly kingdom. Its an Spiritual Kingdom effected by the Blood of Christ Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The earth here is the new earth

2 Pet 3:13

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:3

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Bradley D

The promised land was to be a nation guided by the priests of God. But the people demanded a king. Kings eventually brought down the kingdom and were carried off to Babylon.

"But when they said, “Give us a king to judge us,” their demand was displeasing in the sight of Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD said to Samuel, “Listen to the voice of the people in all that they say to you. For it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected Me as their king.…" (1 Sam. 8:6-7).

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The promised land was to be a nation guided by the priests of God. But the people demanded a king. Kings eventually brought down the kingdom and were carried off to Babylon.

"But when they said, “Give us a king to judge us,” their demand was displeasing in the sight of Samuel; so he prayed to the LORD. And the LORD said to Samuel, “Listen to the voice of the people in all that they say to you. For it is not you they have rejected, but they have rejected Me as their king.…" (1 Sam. 8:6-7).

Are you asserting that God wasn't planning for Israel to have a king at all?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That is what I see in that scripture. Although I believe God knew that they would ask.

I don't want to take over the thread with this discussion, but I think you need to get your eyes checked. Several hundred years prior to Israel asking for a king, God put in the law rules for how a king should act and rule.

To say that God wasn't planning for Israel to have a king is revisionist.

https://kgov.com/christian-revisionists-against-monarchy

And from https://kgov.com/biblical-apologetic-for-americas-constitutional-monarchy:

Monarchy: Biblical Apologetic [Political Defense; Against Democracy; Against Republics; Constitution] "The Constitution of America establishes a monarchy." Why? Consider the following.

- Many Christians believe that God opposes monarchy because he disapproved of Israel’s demand for a king.
- After Israel’s period of Judges, God permitted the nation to rule herself by way of a monarchy.
- Was an Israelite monarchy a concession on God’s part, or an afterthought, or was it part of His plan?
- God established the Davidic throne in Jerusalem, through which (Mat. 1:1) the Messiah brought salvation.
- For “...unto us a Child is born... and the government will be upon [Him] ... upon the throne of David.” Isa. 9
- As God said to David, “I will set upon your throne the fruit of your body [i.e. Christ, vv. 17­18].” Ps. 132
- “For God is my King from of old, working salvation” Ps. 74:12
- From of old, by an ancient plan, “the Lord God will give [Jesus] the throne of His father David” Luke 1:32.
- David himself knew that of the fruit of his body God “would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne” Acts 2:30
- God thought well of monarchy long before the Jews demanded (1 Sam. 8) that Samuel give them a king.
- For “The LORD is King forever and ever...” (Ps. 10:16)
- Already in Abraham’s time, God foreshadowed Israel’s Messiah as both king and priest, by way of Melchizedek.
- For Abraham tithed to “Melchizedek king [and] priest of God” (Gen. 14:18), a type of Christ. Heb. 6:20
- By Moses God said: “you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses” Deut. 17:15
- History and prophecy work together to show that God planned to establish Israel’s monarchy in 1000 BC.
- Revisionist Christian historians wrongly claim that God disapproved of monarchy and did not plan for a king.
- Israel had rejected Samuel, God’s leader, and she refused to wait on the LORD for a king in God’s own time.
- God foreknew that Israel’s impatient demand for a king would coincide with His overall plan. [Deut. 17]
- 400 years before Samuel, God commanded that Israel’s future kings should obey the Mosaic Law. Deut. 17
- God told the king to “be careful to observe all the words of this [Mosaic] law” in his kingdom. Deut. 17:19
- God ordered the king to obey the law centuries before Solon of Athens got the credit for that idea. Deut. 17
- God told the king to “write for himself a copy of this [Mosaic] law... and he shall read it” Deut. 17:18­19
- God wanted Israel’s future kings to trust Him rather than to rely upon their own strength. Deut. 17
- Any righteous king of Israel would tend to “prolong his days in his kingdom” Deut. 17
- One generation prior to God’s own timing, Israel demanded a king and got Saul, in about 1051 BC.
- Both Benjamites, the Apostle Saul and King Saul, were in a sense both “born out of due time” 1 Cor. 15
- So Israel demanded a king (1 Sam. 8) one generation before God had planned to give her one.
- A Davidic­type monarchy and the Messiah’s ascension to its throne were not afterthoughts, but planned.
- “In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes.” Jud. 17:6, 21:25
- Jesus is not the Senator of Senators, but the King of Kings. 1 Tim. 6 Rev. 19

Bradley D

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel" (Ex. 19:6).

DougE

Nowhere is it stated its a earthly kingdom. Its an Spiritual Kingdom effected by the Blood of Christ Rev 5:9-10

9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

The earth here is the new earth

2 Pet 3:13

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Rev 21:3

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 5:10 does not say NEW earth