A Christmas Story

theophilus

A long time ago God, in His infinite wisdom, before the foundations of the Earth were laid, decided to send His Son to the Earth to save mankind from itself and from the darkness of sin and evil.

In the fullness of time He sent His Holy Spirit to overshadow a young virgin who would give birth to this Most Loved Son. On the night of His birth, just before His arrival, God took His Holy Spirit, and with a break in His Voice and a tear in His eye, kissed His forehead and said, "Take care of My Baby Boy."

Such infinite Love, such Mercy such Beauty and such Grace. The Father sending His only begotten Son into a world where He would be mocked, hated, scourged and murdered on a cross.

Quote:
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.

Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ hath regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

My sin—oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!—
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!

For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.

But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!

And Lord, haste the day when the faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.

Quote:
Oh to grace how great a debtor
Daily I’m constrained to be
Let your goodness like a fetter
Bind my wandering heart to thee
Prone to wander, Lord I feel it
Prone to leave the God I love
Here’s my heart Lord,
Take and seal it
Seal it for thy courts above

Three days later this most loved Son conquered death and the grave, saving us from the bondage of sin and death.

He has ascended to the Father and sits at His right hand interceding for His children.

And when He comes into the hearts of His children, and as they go through their lives - whatever they do and wherever they go, every morning when they awake God kisses them on the forehead and says, "Take care of My Son. Let His praises forever be in your hearts and on your tongues. Tell all the word about His wonderful Love, His salvation of your souls...go and tell what great things the Lord has done for you."

"Yea, Lord we greet Thee, born this happy morning. Thank You for coming for us. Thank You for humbling Yourself to come to us and show us the Father. Thank You for loving us SO MUCH that You died in our place; You have covered us in Your own righteousness and made us acceptable to the Beloved."

My Lord, O King, I cannot wait to meet You. My heart's desire is to run into Your arms and tell You how much I love You and how thankful I am for Your sacrifice. My Lord. my King, I give all my life to Thee. Use me as an instrument of Your righteousness. Press me into the vineyard as a laborer - the fields are ripe. This world needs Your Love more than anything else. Let us love one another as You have loved us. Let us humble ourselves and serve as You came to serve. Let us be Your eyes, Your hands, Your heart and Your bondservants.

Bless the Lord, O my soul.

Amen and amen.