99% Over, 47% of the Goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

Zakath:

...Now, did you cause him to be fired? Well, yes and no.
So YHWH did and didn't.

Boy, you Christians sure know how to talk out of both sides of your mouths... :chuckle:

Examine the text in Exodus and elsewhere. Talk to someone who actually can read Aramaic and Hebrew and see whether they concur with your "on again off again" view of YHWH's actions.

The alternative view is to take both expressions (God hardened Pharoah's heart and Pharoah hardened his own heart) literally which means you believe that Moses was suffering from Alzheimer's disease when he wrote Exodus.
Or, the more commonly held interpretation, that more than one tradition was woven together to make the currently extant version...

That fits the textual evidence better than your theory, in my estimation.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Zakath
Or, the more commonly held interpretation, that more than one tradition was woven together to make the currently extant version...
So you believe all the people who "wove more than one tradition together" all suffered from Alzheimer's since none of them noticed the obvious contradiction staring all of them right in the face.

It would take a big blind leap of faith to believe something like that Zakath. I don't have that much faith. Apparently you do.

Zakath

Resident Atheist
Originally posted by Jefferson

So you believe all the people who "wove more than one tradition together" all suffered from Alzheimer's since none of them noticed the obvious contradiction staring all of them right in the face.
Look at the obvious numeric contradictions in the OT and you tell me... :think:

It would take a big blind leap of faith to believe something like that Zakath. I don't have that much faith. Apparently you do.
For me it takes more faith to believe half a dozen things that contradict the known rules of physics than to believe that physics is stable...

Perhaps that is the primary difference in us...

I don't need to believe in the supernatural to explain the world and you do...

Morphy

Originally posted by Zakath

Any example of what? Religious beliefs that contradict the laws of physics?

My fault! I misunderstood your post.

Anyhow, similarly to you I don't need any god to explain to myself the universe and it's laws.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.