58 Dead, 500 Plus Wounded

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yep.

Quip obviously thinks that anything he considers to be unreasonable should be illegal.

Obviously, that's a completely unreasonable thing to think.

quip

BANNED
Banned
exactly - that's a personal opinion and i wasn't interested in going down that bunny trail with quip

as long as he doesn't break the law, another guy's "reasonableness" limit is none of my business

"As long as" he retains in his hand(s) the capacity to sweep an entire block or congregation....

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
"As long as" he retains in his hand(s) the capacity to sweep an entire block or congregation....

i acquire that capacity every time i fill the gas tank on my car

or buy a pack of matches

or pick up a boxcutter at the hardware store:
4eRSQzJ.jpg

quip

BANNED
Banned
i acquire that capacity every time i fill the gas tank on my car

or buy a pack of matches

You seem quite the creative lad as cars, gas and matches are specifically designed to productively take out your fellow citizens. :plain:

ok doser

You seem quite the creative lad as cars, gas and matches are specifically designed to productively take out your fellow citizens. :plain:

tanks aren't specifically designed to take out my fellow citizens :idunno:

ok doser

... matches are specifically designed to productively take out your fellow citizens. :plain:

matches are specifically designed to start fires

where one chooses to start that fire is the question - in your gas grill or in the gasoline soaked stairwell of the Happy Land social club

let's see - coupla boxcutters / 3000 dead on 911

gallon of gasoline and some matches / 87 dead in the Bronx

quip

BANNED
Banned
matches are specifically designed to start fires

where one chooses to start that fire is the question - in your gas grill or in the gasoline soaked stairwell of the Happy Land social club

let's see - coupla boxcutters / 3000 dead on 911

gallon of gasoline and some matches / 87 dead in the Bronx

I know one guy who killed another man with a barstool :idunno: ...but we're both digressing. :up:

ok doser

I know one guy who killed another man with a barstool ...

then you should be in favor of regulating barstools

henceforth, the government mandates that all barstools be made from glued together nerf balls

ok doser

or ban barstools altogether - force bars to use beanbag chairs

if it saves only one life, it's worth it!

think of the children!

ok doser

Nope. Against them being put into the hands of those idiots most attracted to such designs.

so how do you regulate that?

how do you identify "those idiots most attracted to such designs"?

my father's been a gun owner all his life, as a kid, even before he joined the military at 18. At some points in his life he's owned many dozens of guns, down to just a few special ones now that he's 92.

Safe to say he's attracted to them

and yet, he's always been a responsible gun owner and user, never had an accident or close call, never shot up a school yard or committed mass murder in a bar or restaurant

would you describe him as an idiot attracted to those designs?