This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is winning Battle Royale XI?

Capital Punishment: Should Christians support the Death Penalty?
    Battle Royale XI

Turbo vs. theo_victis

Battle Royale XI is over halfway complete.

Who do you think is winning so far?
    theo_victis
    27.66%
    Turbo
    72.34%
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Originally posted by Knight
    Who do you think is winning so far?
    Everybody who agrees with Turbo.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBob
      Everybody who agrees with Turbo.

Comment

Wasn’t it set up for Turbo to win from the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by The CBG
          Wasn’t it set up for Turbo to win from the beginning?
          Yes, the truth has a way of prevailing.

Comment

I know I will never get all the votes... I am only here trying to change your minds... one at a time!
            "The devil is a better theologian than any of us and is a devil still."
            - A. W. Tozer

Comment

Originally posted by theo_victis
              I know I will never get all the votes... I am only here trying to change your minds... one at a time!
              You've got the right attitude. Even though I think you're wrong, I respect that you are willing to debate what you believe. Iron sharpens iron.

Good Job.
              "I maintain my pride in the face of men, but I abandon it before God, who drew me out of nothingness to make me what I am." - The Count of Monte Cristo

Comment

Is changing your mind beyond the realm of possibility.

Comment

Is changing your mind beyond the realm of possibility.
                  my mind has already been changed! I dont wanna look like John Kerry and flip-flop everytime! LOL! Just kidding!

I am very open to truth (which is why I changed my mind in the first place). Despite Turbo's insisting that I am following this old tradition (whatever that means), I do not believe things because simply people before me did/do. I honestly believe that Christians should not support the DP. It is that simple.
                  - A. W. Tozer

Comment

my mind has already been changed! I dont wanna look like John Kerry and flip-flop everytime! LOL! Just kidding!

I am very open to truth (which is why I changed my mind in the first place). Despite Turbo's insisting that I am following this old tradition (whatever that means), I do not believe things because simply people before me did/do. I honestly believe that Christians should not support the DP. It is that simple.
                    But why is it that you don't agree with your professor that "changed your mind"?

Why don't you promote the same type of forgiveness that your professor promoted?

You promote, locking the criminal in a cage. Your professor stated he would be set free, free even to the point of baby-sitting his own children! Do you intend to correct your professor the next time you see him?
                    Oh, wise guy eh?

Comment

Patrick

I want you to think about something. You have made a Sociological Argument, a Judicial Argument and a Theological Argument, but Turbo has made a Scriptural Argument. This fact demands that I ask a question. Do you believe the Bible is the Word of God?

Comment

Scriptural Argument!?!?!?! There is no such thing. Every interpretation of a passage involves theology. You cannot interpret something without making a theological statement. All of my arguments are scriptural (based on scripture).

To answer your question. OF COURSE! I believe in the word of God. Where have my arguments come from? The Quran?!?!

I am glad, however, that you are concerned whether I am being biblically based. That is important for a Christian when determining if a theology is good or not.
                        - A. W. Tozer

Comment

But why is it that you don't agree with your professor that "changed your mind"?

Why don't you promote the same type of forgiveness that your professor promoted?

You promote, locking the criminal in a cage. Your professor stated he would be set free, free even to the point of baby-sitting his own children! Do you intend to correct your professor the next time you see him?

Are you happy Turbo stole your weak argument? I will answer this in the debate.. but for now, I will leave you with this side comment:

My professor is not infallible. He is not Jesus. So am I not allowed to disagree? Apparently on this site, Enyart is inerrant, dont get me wrong, I respect him. Are you allowed to disagree with him?!?!
                          - A. W. Tozer

Comment

My professor is not infallible. He is not Jesus. So am I not allowed to disagree? Apparently on this site, Enyart is inerrant, dont get me wrong, I respect him. Are you allowed to disagree with him?!?!
                            Dude, relax! I was merely asking a question.

Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear you are admitting that one of your main premises for your argument (that you built in round 1) is something you don't really agree with.
                            Oh, wise guy eh?

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I am glad to hear you are admitting that one of your main premises for your argument (that you built in round 1) is something you don't really agree with.
                              I didnt say that.. All I asked was if I was allowed to disagree.
                              - A. W. Tozer

Comment

Working...
                              X