Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to read your opening post over and over again to understand what they were saying. Maybe it was just so assinine that they would have rules that counter the Bible.

I just love the "you will not say that someone is not a Christian, but you may discuss writings, doctrines, teachings, etc." ok so that isn't a direct quote.

How are we to edify one another if we can't our fellow sister and brother?!

Granite is right they wouldn't last a day here.

"Of course I'm a Christian, just look at my cute charm on my bracelet"

Comment

So willing to consider other people's points of view and having friendly, rational communications with them is the same as banning Christ?

Alan Watts, one of the most interesting philosopher/theologians of the 20th century, was correct in saying that Christianity's intolerance of other religions and philosophical systems is the result of an inferiority complex. The "right-wing zealots" and "fanatics" in Christianity ought to be secure enough in their own faith to be able to handle criticisms of their faith and not become paranoid thinking that non-believers are out to get them.

Comment

Originally posted by geoff
        Why is America fighting a war against terrorism?

This forum is like the Al Queda of Christianity.
        Oh boy...

The bombing will commence in five minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by fool
          65 users viewing this thread
          Oh and fool... I realize you are a ChristianForums.com member so I want to remind you that without Christ's forgiveness you are going to hell to live for an eternity with the burden of you sin piled on your back.

Nobody at ChristianForums.com can tell you that without fear of being banned so it's important that we at TOL remind you of the truth.

There is still time for you to repent!
          Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
          TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

Originally posted by DEVO
            So the "Pinko Commie" affirms the war on terror?

It's funny how the truth just slips out sometimes.

in breaking news... devo have a new album coming out.. i'm looking forward to it..

and yet again.. I have no religious or political affiliation.. i just chose whatever took my fancy. I could have chosen right wing fanatic too.. *shrug*
            Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

Originally posted by karenincolorado

Comment

a pinko commie?

oh.. right.. the control panel thingi..

like that actually means anything..
                It means that you chose to call yourself a Pinko Commie.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight
                  Oh and fool... I realize you are a ChristianForums.com member so I want to remind you that without Christ's forgiveness you are going to hell to live for an eternity with the burden of you sin piled on your back.

Nobody at ChristianForums.com can tell you that without fear of being banned so it's important that we at TOL remind you of the truth.

There is still time for you to repent!
                  Thanks Knight, I'll keep that in mind.
                  Everyman is a voice in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by karenincolorado
                    I had to read your opening post over and over again to understand what they were saying. Maybe it was just so assinine that they would have rules that counter the Bible.

I just love the "you will not say that someone is not a Christian, but you may discuss writings, doctrines, teachings, etc." ok so that isn't a direct quote.

How are we to edify one another if we can't our fellow sister and brother?!

Granite is right they wouldn't last a day here.

They DONT have rules that are counter to the Bible at all. They have rules that KNIGHT would have you believe are against the Bible.. but rather.. they are against his particular view of how he thinks things should be. The bible doesnt enter into it.
                    Show me someone who is expressing in anger his views of God, and I will show you someone who is deeply afraid of losing control of God- Peter Enns

Comment

They DONT have rules that are counter to the Bible at all. They have rules that KNIGHT would have you believe are against the Bible.. but rather.. they are against his particular view of how he thinks things should be. The bible doesnt enter into it.
                      I would like you to quote - specifically - which part of Knight's opening post is wrong, and why it is wrong?

Your inability to do so will prove that their rules are anti-Biblical.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 5020
                        It means that you chose to call yourself a Pinko Commie.
                        Oh.. right..

hang on let me change it to something more acceptable to you..

oh..

nah.. cant be bothered.

None of the options were acceptable so i chose this one for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. 5020
                          I would like you to quote - specifically - which part of Knight's opening post is wrong, and why it is wrong?

Your inability to do so will prove that their rules are anti-Biblical.

First of all knight should prove from the Bible that their rules ARE anti biblical.. which He hasnt.. He's thrown together a few irrelevant verses and you all believe everything he says..

He HAS NOT shown it to be Anti Biblical.. and has shown that he has missed the whole point of God's redemptive act... love.

Comment

Oh.. right..

hang on let me change it to something more acceptable to you..

oh..

nah.. cant be bothered.

None of the options were acceptable so i chose this one for fun.
                            I figured you would choose something acceptable to Christ, but I guess having fun is more important.

Comment

First of all knight should prove from the Bible that their rules ARE anti biblical.. which He hasnt.. He's thrown together a few irrelevant verses and you all believe everything he says..

He HAS NOT shown it to be Anti Biblical.. and has shown that he has missed the whole point of God's redemptive act... love.
                              I think everything Jesus said is relevant to the way we should interact with one another, don't you?

Do you agree that Jesus came to bring division, not peace?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X