Top Ten Reasons Why Liberals Hate the Holidays

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adam_Kratt said:
Why are Liberal causes denounced so hard. Many Liberal ideals have Biblical support.

1) Welfare, the Bible many times tells us to support the poor, needy, orphaned..etc..
The bible also gives some very strong hints as to how to help the poor and how not to, Here is a good one. 2Th 3:10 For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
2) Anti Death Penalty, Jesus him self said to turn the other cheek and you with out sin cast the first stone.

He answered and said to them, “Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition? For God commanded, saying, ‘Honor your father and your mother’; and, ‘He who curses father or mother, let him be put to death.’ But you say, ‘Whoever says to his father or mother, “Whatever profit you might have received from me is a gift to God”— then he need not honor his father or mother.’ Thus you have made the commandment of God of no effect by your tradition. Hypocrites! Matthew 15:1-7a
and Judge not lest you be judged.
Jesus said not to judge like a hypocrite.
3) Social Security, there are examples in the Bible where food was stored in storehouses and given to the elderly (to the poor and homeless to.
cool!
4) Enviormentalism, protecting the earth, although not explicitly cited there I think can be inferred.
Being a good steward of the environment is a wise thing to do! What does it have to do with being liberal?
5) Privacy/Civil Rights, Jesus himself said not to judge others in their beliefs that judgement was his.. not yours.. so if people are pro-choice, pro same-sex marriage, if it is wrong isnt it Gods place to judge them and not yours?
...and 1 Corinthians 6 says
Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Adam_Kratt said:
I do not think that Liberals are against Christmas I just believe Liberals believe Christmas is a religious holiday and as such should be a sacred and holy celebration of the birth of Christ .
Liberals do not believe in God. They believe in government and salvation of man by man. Liberals celebrate by filing lawsuits (ACLU) which seek to remove God from the social order. Liberals celebrate by forcing "political correctness" on the populace. Winter Solstice or Holidays instead of Christmas. Prohibiting public prayer. Etc.

Liberals are the incredibly filthy tools of Satan.

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
Adam_Kratt said:
I am surprised that more Christians are not against the comercialization of Christmas. The toys, the majic (witchcraft) of Santa and his fairy dust. I think that it should be noted that the so called Santa Claus is in fact a real person. his real name was Bishop Nickolaus Klaus he was sainted by Pope. supposidly he is the one who first started giving gifts to children during th Christmas season.

Ummmm.... we know all of this.......

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Adam_Kratt said:
Why are Liberal causes denounced so hard. Many Liberal ideals have Biblical support.

1) Welfare, the Bible many times tells us to support the poor, needy, orphaned..etc..

2) Anti Death Penalty, Jesus him self said to turn the other cheek and you with out sin cast the first stone. and Judge not lest you be judged.

3) Social Security, there are examples in the Bible where food was stored in storehouses and given to the elderly (to the poor and homeless to.

4) Enviormentalism, protecting the earth, although not explicitly cited there I think can be inferred.

5) Privacy/Civil Rights, Jesus himself said not to judge others in their beliefs that judgement was his.. not yours.. so if people are pro-choice, pro same-sex marriage, if it is wrong isnt it Gods place to judge them and not yours?

You're new here so I'll be patient.

The Bible wasn't written for governments to follow.

The main difference is you libs want a nanny state to take money from everyone and dole it out as it sees fit while endlessly creating new laws, beaurocracies and restrictions to micromanage our lives. Conservatives who do not want the government dictating their every move and reaching deep into their pockets, wastefully spending our money.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Adam_Kratt said:
2) Anti Death Penalty, Jesus him self said to turn the other cheek and you with out sin cast the first stone. and Judge not lest you be judged.
Shouldn't that simply be "Anti penalty"?

If the government is supposed to "turn the other cheek" towards criminals and refrain from judging them, why would that only be "anti death penalty." According to your argument, shouldn't the government cease from punishing criminals in any way?

Was Paul out of line when he wrote the what is in my signature?

The truth is, Jesus did and still does support the death penalty. You can learn more about that in the article CRASH linked to, or in the debate linked to in my signature.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
You're new here so I'll be patient.

The Bible wasn't written for governments to follow.
I don't mean to split hairs, but governing officials should follow the Bible. It's just that those particluar passages weren't directed at them.

The main difference is you libs want a nanny state to take money from everyone and dole it out as it sees fit while endlessly creating new laws, beaurocracies and restrictions to micromanage our lives. Conservatives who do not want the government dictating their every move and reaching deep into their pockets, wastefully spending our money.
:thumb:

Yes, here's an example of a passage that governments should follow: Thou shalt not steal.

Adam_Kratt, charity should be freely given, not coerced. When the government forces people to give money to them to give to the poor (while keeping a big ol' cut for themselves), that's called theft.

Judas Iscariot operated much like today's politicians:
John 12
3 Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.

4 But one of His disciples, Judas Iscariot, Simon’s son, who would betray Him, said, 5 “Why was this fragrant oil not sold for three hundred denarii and given to the poor?” 6 This he said, not that he cared for the poor, but because he was a thief, and had the money box; and he used to take what was put in it.

7 But Jesus said, [jesus]“Let her alone; she has kept this for the day of My burial. 8 For the poor you have with you always, but Me you do not have always.”[/jesus]​

Granite

Hall of Fame
Frank Ernest said:
Liberals do not believe in God. They believe in government and salvation of man by man. Liberals celebrate by filing lawsuits (ACLU) which seek to remove God from the social order. Liberals celebrate by forcing "political correctness" on the populace. Winter Solstice or Holidays instead of Christmas. Prohibiting public prayer. Etc.

Liberals are the incredibly filthy tools of Satan.

:yawn:

Many left wingers do, Frank, and I think even you are halfway bright enough to know that.

It began as a winter solstice celebration, anyway, and was hijacked by the church. Like a lot of other things. Calling it "Christmas" doesn't faze me and the lawsuits are annoying. We'd agree on that one.

What did Jesus have to say about praying in public?

Just asking...

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:

Just asking...
He certainly didn't advocate that the government should prohibit it.

Maybe you're thinking of King Darius, and his governors who plotted against Daniel.

Daniel prayed openly despite the prohibition. Did Jesus/God disapprove of this?

Just asking...

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
He certainly didn't advocate that the government should prohibit it.

Maybe you're thinking of King Darius, and his governors who plotted against Daniel.

Daniel prayed openly despite the prohibition. Did Jesus/God disapprove of this?

Just asking...

Jesus said to pray in private and advised against drawing any attention to yourself, something Christians do with regularity. Matthew 6:5-6 covers this without any ambiguity whatsoever. Yet it's an admonition that is regularly ignored.

Darius didn't plot against Daniel, he was suckered into it and aghast when he realized his mistake (Daniel 6:14).

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
Jesus said to pray in private and advised against drawing any attention to yourself, something Christians do with regularity. Matthew 6:5-6 covers this without any ambiguity whatsoever. Yet it's an admonition that is regularly ignored.
Um, I think the admonition is against praying like hypocrites, with the intention of drawing attention to oneself. It is not an admonition against ever praying in public. Otherwise, God would have condemned Daniel, would He not?

But that is neither here nor there, because Frank was talking about public prayer being prohibited by law, which God would never support. You tried to change the subject.

Darius didn't plot against Daniel...
I didn't say he did. Note the placement of the comma in the sentence I wrote:

Maybe you're thinking of King Darius, and his governors who plotted against Daniel.​

Still, Darius went along with the ban on prayer, which was not good. And Daniel openly obeyed God rather than men, which was good.

Granite

Hall of Fame
"But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret" seems pretty black and white to me. Unless this is an example of the Bible meaning what it says until it doesn't.

I would never support a ban on public prayer, but the attitude many religious folks have of insisting on being seen doing it in public is completely at odds with the very scripture they claim to live their lives by. Seen in the context of the passage--book ended by giving alms and fasting--the meaning Jesus had seems to be very clear.

I'm not trying to change the subject, I'm simply pointing out an example of what appears to be black and white hypocrisy.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
I would never support a ban on public prayer...
So you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, as usual. Noted.

but the attitude many religious folks have of insisting on being seen doing it in public is completely at odds with the very scripture they claim to live their lives by... I'm not trying to change the subject, I'm simply pointing out an example of what appears to be black and white hypocrisy.
By whom? Frank? This has nothing to do with what Frank was talking about and you know it. You are indeed changing the subject.

Seen in the context of the passage--book ended by giving alms and fasting--the meaning Jesus had seems to be very clear.
What, that praying the presence of others is wrong in and of itself? Is that what you think?

Granite, would Jesus have condemned Daniel for praying openly where others could see and hear him? Yes or No?

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
Granite said:
:yawn:

Many left wingers do, Frank, and I think even you are halfway bright enough to know that.
:darwinsm:
It began as a winter solstice celebration, anyway, and was hijacked by the church. Like a lot of other things. Calling it "Christmas" doesn't faze me and the lawsuits are annoying. We'd agree on that one.
OMG! We've failed! We call it "Christmas" just to "faze" you and it didn't work! Darn! :allsmile:

Just asking...
I believe this is what you're referring to:

Matthew 6:5-6 [jesus]"And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."[/jesus]

I suspect this has some exceptionally subtle, obscure relevance to something. :rotfl:

Granite

Hall of Fame
Turbo said:
So you're just being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative, as usual. Noted.

By whom? Frank? This has nothing to do with what Frank was talking about and you know it. You are indeed changing the subject.

What, that praying the presence of others is wrong in and of itself? Is that what you think?

Granite, would Jesus have condemned Daniel for praying openly where others could see and hear him? Yes or No?

"Noted"? What is this, home room?:rotfl:

It kills me how humorless some of you guys are. Brittle, cold, squinty...

I made a passing comment--a question, actually--and you jumped on me with two feet. If making a mountain out of a mole hill is how you like spending your free time, knock yourself out. I happened to ask about your Bible and your savior and his opinion regarding public prayer...a question, I notice, that is almost always met with consternation around here.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.

Last edited:

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Turbo said:

Granite always changes the subject, it's all he's got.

Frank Ernest

Hall of Fame
BillyBob said:
Granite always changes the subject, it's all he's got.
He does claim to be a Satanist.

Revelation 12:7-10 "And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night."

:think:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Granite said:
"Noted"? What is this, home room?:rotfl:

It kills me how humorless some of you guys are. Brittle, cold, squinty...

I made a passing comment--a question, actually--and you jumped on me with two feet. If making a mountain out of a mole hill is how you like spending your free time, knock yourself out. I happened to ask about your Bible and your savior and his opinion regarding public prayer...a question, I notice, that is almost always met with consternation around here.

Have a happy Thanksgiving.
You weren't just asking a question, you were trying to make a point that God disapproves of any prayer that is done publically. And when I refuted your point, I'm "making a mountain out of a mole hill." The only thing that was missing was an instruction from you to "calm down." :)

If you don't want people refuting your erroneous points, don't make them to begin with. This is a debate site, you know.

Oh, and Granite, we're not humorless. It's just that you aren't in on the joke. Here, I'll fill you in:

Poly in private said:
Turbo said:

If I was a bettin' woman, I'd bet everything I own that you will NOT get a yes or no. I'm not quite as confident about this one but I'd even bet something pretty worthwhile that you won't even get a "Yes, but bla bla bla......" or a "No, but bla bla bla....."

Stay tuned. :D
That's pretty funny, isn't it? :chuckle:

Poly

Blessed beyond measure
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Ok, everybody is just getting off topic here.

Let's get back to the original topic of praying lasting longer than 1 minute and 30 seconds is wrong.