Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expelled? Go to the movies!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Expelled? Go to the movies!



    American Right To Life Movie Marathon

    American RTL members in Denver are holding a movie marathon viewing every showing on opening weekend of Ben Stein's new movie, Expelled – No Intelligence Allowed, Friday through Sunday, April 18-20.

    According to the group's website, ARTL president Brian Rohrbough was contacted by the executive producer of Expelled, John Sullivan, one year before the start of production. In a three-hour meeting Rohrbough encouraged the filmmakers to expose Darwinism's connection to genocide, including Nazism and other social ills. A sneak preview attended by ARTL members confirms that Ben Stein and the Expelled producers have courageously linked the teaching that men are advanced animals, to the outcome of men behaving like animals.

    "A number of school shooters from Columbine to Finland justify their own wicked actions as being authorized by evolution and 'natural selection' giving them the right and even the obligation, as Klebold and Harris said in their basement videos, to murder those they deem weaker or inferior," said Mr. Rohrbough, whose son Danny was murdered at Columbine High School. "After the Rocky Mountain News ran the autopsy finding that one of the murderers wore to the crime a t-shirt that read, 'Natural Selection,' the paper's editors showed themselves to be deceptive by reporting, "It is not clear what the shirt's inscription referred to, but there is a video game with the same name."

    UrbanDictionary.com accurately quotes one of the Columbine murderers as writing that they would "kick natural selection up a few notches."

    "American Right to Life proudly promotes Expelled and encourages pro-lifers nationwide to see this historic film on opening weekend," said Steve Curtis, vice president of ARTL and former chairman of the Colorado Republican Party. "Fish eat other fish, polar bears cannibalize their young; if man is an advanced animal, there is no right to life in a dog-eat-dog world," said Curtis. "An Intelligent Designer, a.k.a. God, created us in His image and by His hand even the tiniest human has the inalienable right to life."

    According to the group's website, AmericanRTL.org, "American Right To Life's movie marathon, Expelled? Go to the movies! will be held at Colorado's Arvada Olde Town 14 movie theater from Friday April 18 at 11 a.m. until the last showing Sunday evening, with some of our members seeing Stein's Expelled about a fifteen times on Opening Weekend! If you're in Colorado, please pick a convenient show time to visit our marathon and watch the movie with our members!" Columbine dad Rohrbough adds, "Expelled is opening on 1,000 screens, on the 9th-anniversary weekend of Columbine. Pro-lifers can spread the word by asking other theaters to run the movie to hold their own marathons. The best minds in the world that promote evolution appear in this movie and we want everyone to see their superstitions and myths about mankind's origins."

    Contact: American RTL
    1-888-888-ARTL (2785)
    office@AmericanRTL.com
    Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
    TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

  • #2
    Can't make it Friday or Saturday. I think we are going on Sunday at 11 AM.

    ShowPlace 16
    450 W. Chippewa Avenue
    South Bend, IN

    Comment


    • #3
      We're going Saturday and trying to get as many people as we can to go.
      "The most terrifying words in the English language are 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'" - Ronald Reagan



      Check out the "rightest" of all right wing moms. FarRightMom


      Upgrade your TOL membership.

      Comment


      • #4
        d2i is going Friday, Saturday & Sunday to every single showing!
        You've called me out of death
        You've called me into life
        And I was under Your wrath
        Now through the cross I'm reconciled



        Discount Maternity Clothes | Children's Books | Baby Gear | Coupons | Batman

        Comment


        • #5
          You might want to take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information before you see the movie. Expelled is unfair, inaccurate and deceptive.

          Check out this expelled site.
          When a person needs to motivate folks to believe things that are not true (in the religious, political or economic realm), you'll find them attacking science.

          Comment


          • #6
            Ummm...

            Quoting urbandictionary.com?

            P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.




            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Granite View Post
              Ummm...

              Quoting urbandictionary.com?

              P.S. I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
              You don't think the following is true?


              4. natural selection

              1. Another name for the Columbine High School massacre.

              2. Words printed on the shirt worn by Eric Harris as he committed the above.

              "Sometime in April me and V will get revenge and will kick natural selection up a few notches" - Eric David Harris
              http://prolifeprofiles.com/

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by laughsoutloud View Post
                You might want to take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information before you see the movie. Expelled is unfair, inaccurate and deceptive.

                Check out this expelled site.
                That link is pretty stupid. It seems to be propaganda against Creation science in general. That doesn't mean that the movie is "unfair, inaccurate and deceptive", it means that the people who run the site you linked to are Godless idiots.



                Hatred of sin is a family value.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Shimei View Post
                  You don't think the following is true?


                  4. natural selection

                  1. Another name for the Columbine High School massacre.

                  2. Words printed on the shirt worn by Eric Harris as he committed the above.

                  "Sometime in April me and V will get revenge and will kick natural selection up a few notches" - Eric David Harris
                  If The Onion relayed something that happened to be true, I wouldn't use it as a news source or link to it in order to prove a point. Using urbandictionary struck me as rather amusing, that's all.




                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Granite View Post
                    If The Onion relayed something that happened to be true, I wouldn't use it as a news source or link to it in order to prove a point. Using urbandictionary struck me as rather amusing, that's all.
                    Could be, but what it says about Eric Harris is true. Other news sources have reported the same thing.
                    http://prolifeprofiles.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by laughsoutloud View Post
                      You might want to take a moment to prepare yourself with a little accurate information before you see the movie. Expelled is unfair, inaccurate and deceptive.

                      Check out this expelled site.
                      I have the original issues of American Spectator magazine chronicling the controversy between Baylor University and William Dembski. Are they in error also?

                      Perhaps you need to take a moment and prepare yourself by opening your eyes to the fact that whenever someone questions darwinism (even using articles from Nature) in a science class they are reprimanded.

                      That's what Expelled is trying to expose. Qualified individuals who ask questions who are then punished.

                      Open your eyes!
                      fidelis usque ad mortem

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Shimei View Post
                        Could be, but what it says about Eric Harris is true. Other news sources have reported the same thing.
                        I'm well aware it's true...but urbandictionary ain't a news source, Shimei.

                        In any event, as I said, I'm looking forward to seeing the flick myself.




                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I wrote about Expelled today on my own website, I'm looking forward to seeing it tomorrow. You can view the YouTube supertrailor here if you haven't seen it, I've been looking forward to it since I heard about it last month.

                          It should be interesting, I have noticed quite a stir on Digg lately every time it is mentioned. It seems many people are sensitive to the subject of Evolution. It also appears that the focus on the film is on academic censorship more than defending intelligent design - but I guess I'll see.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Prolifeguyswife View Post
                            That link is pretty stupid. It seems to be propaganda against Creation science in general. That doesn't mean that the movie is "unfair, inaccurate and deceptive", it means that the people who run the site you linked to are Godless idiots.
                            Actually, the site mirrors the outline and claims of the movie. Expelled is, in fact, inaccurate and deceitful.

                            For example, the movie claims that Richard Sternberg was fired as editor, and his life ruined after he published a pro-ID article in the journal he edited. In fact, he had already resigned as editor (unrelated to the article), kept his job at NIH, and his Smithsonian unpaid position was renewed.

                            The site includes information dealing with creationism, because Expelled repeats lots of creationist propaganda. But don't take my word for it - read the site.
                            When a person needs to motivate folks to believe things that are not true (in the religious, political or economic realm), you'll find them attacking science.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by chatmaggot View Post
                              I have the original issues of American Spectator magazine chronicling the controversy between Baylor University and William Dembski. Are they in error also?

                              Perhaps you need to take a moment and prepare yourself by opening your eyes to the fact that whenever someone questions darwinism (even using articles from Nature) in a science class they are reprimanded.

                              That's what Expelled is trying to expose. Qualified individuals who ask questions who are then punished.

                              Open your eyes!
                              You know what is interesting is that the movie leaves Dembski out of it. You'd think if it was such an open-and-shut case, they would have included it.

                              Evolution is questioned all the time - this is how the science is improved. For example, this article about the Peacock's tail. Read it - the traditional evolution answer is challenged - and the result? They get written up! Of course, this is just one study. Here is one that reaches the opposite conclusion. A real controversy. The result? We will learn more.
                              When a person needs to motivate folks to believe things that are not true (in the religious, political or economic realm), you'll find them attacking science.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X