Should a Christian drink alcoholic drinks?

sirayuk

Had a big problem pointing out directly that drinking is a sin as many say, I suspended questions on this topic because I don't have grounds from scriptures.

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk

sirayuk

3885e57f1f666d29b96e3407a1468966.jpg

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
1 Timothy 5:23 KJV
(23) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.​

Not only are there instances in scripture of the benefits of wine, but it is also encouraged to make one merry.

Ecclesiastes 9:7 KJV
(7) Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

So, the answer to the question of whether a Christian should drink is "sometimes".

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
(23) Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy stomach's sake and thine often infirmities.​

Not only are there instances in scripture of the benefits of wine, but it is also encouraged to make one merry.

(7) Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.

So, the answer to the question of whether a Christian should drink is "sometimes".
Acts 28:15 KJV -

way 2 go

sometimes or
never for some people,

Eph_5:18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is excess, but be filled with the Spirit,

Jesus first miracle was water into wine.

Joh 2:7 Jesus said to them, Fill the waterpots with water. And they filled them up to the brim.
Joh 2:8 And He said to them, Now draw out and carry it to the master of the feast. And they carried it.
Joh 2:9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water which was made wine (and did not know where it was from, but the servants who drew the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom.
Joh 2:10 And he said to him, Every man at the beginning sets forth good wine, and when men have drunk well, then that which is worse. You have kept the good wine until now.
Joh 2:11 This beginning of miracles Jesus did in Cana of Galilee. And it revealed His glory. And His disciples believed on Him.

truthjourney

Drinking in moderation for some people but not all people can drink in moderation. They may also have health issues that are made worse by drinking.
And I will add that misuse of alcohol as well as drugs will make it easier for a person to come under spiritual attack. I have heard many people testify to the truth about this.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
In and of itself it is not a sin. However, there may be mitigating factors in one's life or just the present circumstances that make it wrong, even if not a sin.

https://www.openbible.info/topics/moderation

Romans 14:21 It is good not to eat meat or to drink wine, or to do anything by which your brother stumbles.
If it causes no one to stumble, offends no one and makes no one weak what then?

sirayuk

In and of itself it is not a sin. However, there may be mitigating factors in one's life or just the present circumstances that make it wrong, even if not a sin.

If it causes no one to stumble, offends no one and makes no one weak what then?
How then do we know that no one is stumbles or sin,

sirayuk

Now I am in local assembly they say it's a sin to drink alcohol, now I am with them eventhough I have this knowledge I cannot drink because of church not Bible, or drinking privately in this case is right or wrong?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Had a big problem pointing out directly that drinking is a sin as many say, I suspended questions on this topic because I don't have grounds from scriptures.
Drinking is not a sin, but drunkenness IS a sin. Those are two different things.

Paul warns repeatedly about drunkenness. A deacon must not be addicted to wine (1 Timothy 3:8). He told members of the church at Corinth not to fellowship with a member who is a drunkard (1 Corinthians 5:11). But Paul was prepared to accept those who drink and those who do not drink. He also spoke favorably of using wine for medicinal purposes (1 Timothy 5:23).

His attitude appears at the end of a section in 1 Corinthians where Paul talks about attitudes toward eating, drinking, and marriage: "So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God" (10:31).

In other words, all things in moderation.