How do I find something I've been looking for?

exminister

politics is never correct, or incorrect. Some kids made that idea up, kids years ago, hippies. Politics is a practical profession.

Political correctness has been forever.
Pre-hippie was McCarthyism.
I can think of many other examples and expect you could as well.

Hippies didn't invent it and were actually a reaction against political correctness of the 50's. Now in many ways they supplanted that role.
It's a continuous cycle.

truthjourney

I'm a philosophy teacher, son of a vicar and a lifelong searcher for answers. My question is this: if I've genuinely searched for God my whole life how/why can I know where he is? I've asked for him a lot of times, I know where he SHOULD be but he's never there. Why? Why do I not get to meet him or experience him and everyone else gets some profound knowledge?

Sent from my SM-G920F using TheologyOnline mobile app

John 6:44, Rom. 8:16

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I'm a philosophy teacher, son of a vicar and a lifelong searcher for answers. My question is this: if I've genuinely searched for God my whole life how/why can I know where he is? I've asked for him a lot of times, I know where he SHOULD be but he's never there. Why? Why do I not get to meet him or experience him and everyone else gets some profound knowledge?

Jeremiah 29:13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart.

Deuteronomy 4:29
"But from there you will seek the LORD your God, and you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart and all your soul.

Isaiah 45:19
"I have not spoken in secret, In some dark land; I did not say to the offspring of Jacob, 'Seek Me in a waste place'; I, the LORD, speak righteousness, Declaring things that are upright.

Romans 1:19 because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. 20 For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, 21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned

Lifelong searcher for answers? :AMR: Today is 13 Sept 16. What have you found? :juggle: Mk 12:30

Spoiler
flash_pan_diner_659215.jpg

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Are you really looking?

Jeremiah 29:13New King James Version (NKJV)

13 And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.

heir

TOL Subscriber

If you are saying you have sought God and can't find Him, the Bible says you haven't.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

Romans 3:11 There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

The Bible also says the natural man receiveth not the things of God.

1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So then, it could very well be that your problem is, you are not saved. Only you can answer whether or not you are at this moment. The quickest way for us to find out is to ask you what is the gospel of your salvation or even how were you saved?