Hello TOL'ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello TOL'ers

It appears members actually read these Newbie Central threads, so I'll take advantage of the opportunity to tell people about myself, while at the same time working towards that 50 post req to become a Registered PLUS member!!!

I love search features, God, family, friends, learning, the earth, and animals. Enjoying animals inevitably brought me to their habitats, which aroused a desire for more knowledge of both, which I wanted to share with like-minded people. At 20 years old and following a year studying at Humboldt State in northern California I decided to return home to southern Ca. All of these ventures were, in my mind, going to bring happiness and fulfillment. Where does God come into all this? Short story shorter...I was raised in non-denominational churches and had a proper understanding of the Gospel, but never moved that head knowledge to my heart. At age 16 I became a father, at 20 I moved back home to be with my daughter, and at 21 I trusted in Jesus Christ for my salvation. I recently began working through a seminary program under my pastor. Not long after that I came across Battle Royale X, and all homework came to a screeching halt. So...thanks TOL! Really! Amazing website and I look forward to more eternal benefits from it.

Originally posted by Macfz View Post
    It appears members actually read these Newbie Central threads, so I'll take advantage of the opportunity to tell people about myself, while at the same time working towards that 50 post req to become a Registered PLUS member!!!

I love search features, God, family, friends, learning, the earth, and animals. Enjoying animals inevitably brought me to their habitats, which aroused a desire for more knowledge of both, which I wanted to share with like-minded people. At 20 years old and following a year studying at Humboldt State in northern California I decided to return home to southern Ca. All of these ventures were, in my mind, going to bring happiness and fulfillment. Where does God come into all this? Short story shorter...I was raised in non-denominational churches and had a proper understanding of the Gospel, but never moved that head knowledge to my heart. At age 16 I became a father, at 20 I moved back home to be with my daughter, and at 21 I trusted in Jesus Christ for my salvation. I recently began working through a seminary program under my pastor. Not long after that I came across Battle Royale X, and all homework came to a screeching halt. So...thanks TOL! Really! Amazing website and I look forward to more eternal benefits from it.
    It's wonderful to have you join us. I look forward to your participation.

Comment

Hi Mac. Realize this forum has no kid gloves persay. It is for an eclectic group of believers (and nonbelievers) who want to hammer out their faith and are capable of loving folks after brutal sparring matches or even knock-down drag-outs. Such isn't for everybody and certainly not for every believer. We wipe our own bloody mats and gloves most of the time.
      My New Years Resolution: 1 Peter 3:15
      Omniscient without man's qualification. John 1:3 "Nothing"
      Colossians 1:17 "Nothing" John 15:5 "Nothing"
      Mighty, ALL mighty (omnipotent). Revelation 1:8
      No possible limitation Isaiah 40:25 Joshua 24:15
      Infinite (Omnipresent) Psalm 145:3 Hebrews 4:13

? Yep

Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think... Amen. -Ephesians 3:20 & 21

... when I became an adult, I set aside childish ways. Titus 3:10 Ephesians 4:29-32; 5:11

Separation of church and State is not atheism "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights..."

Comment

Welcome to the forum.
        Also be sure to.... Join TOL on Facebook | Follow TOL on Twitter
        TOL Newbies CLICK HERE or....upgrade your TOL today!

Comment

I love animals too. Especially bacon.

Welcome to TOL.
          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
          E≈mc2
          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
          -Bob B.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hi Macfz.

Comment

Welcome to TOL.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                They already know monsters exist.
                We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

My Heart Almost Fainted

Hello Eeset, Dena, Stripe, Knight, Lon, and glorydayz. Thanks for welcoming me in. @Stripe: I prefer turkey bacon, but it has nothing to do with being kosher. @Lon: I hope my comment to Stripe wasn't too low of a blow for any Jewish TOL'ers. I put these big boy gloves on and they really weigh my hands down.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome, Tambora.

Comment

Hello Eeset, Dena, Stripe, Knight, Lon, and glorydayz.
                      Are you planning to return to college?

Comment

Hi Macfz

Comment

@Stripe: I prefer turkey bacon, but it has nothing to do with being kosher.
                          You can do that to a turkey?
                          Where is the evidence for a global flood?
                          E≈mc2
                          "the best maths don't need no stinkin' numbers"

"The waters under the 'expanse' were under the crust."
                          -Bob B.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
                            Are you planning to return to college?
                            I suppose you could say I've already returned. Here's the seminary program I'm supposed to be working through http://books.google.com/books/about/...d=Xg6kPAAACAAJ
                            I don't attend classes anywhere, there are no assignment deadlines, etc. It does provide up through a doctorate, although it's not accredited by any major boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Stripe View Post
                              You can do that to a turkey?
                              Or stuff it with stuffing where something edible should not be stuffed

Comment

Working...
                              X