'Nother Newbster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Nother Newbster

I'm new. I'm introducing myself. (PneumaPsucheSoma = SpiritSoulBody). For short, PPS will do.

I'm a reconciliationist and non-dichotomist regarding the vast plethora of sectarian divisions of doctrine. There is only one central truth on any/all doctrinal topics. Only objective truth is relevant; subjective opinion is only relevant to the extent it is in accord with objective truth. That will be reflected in my posting, especially in reference to Theology Proper. My style is "heavy" with vocab and lexical Greek in conversation. I don't despise simplicity unless it's an excuse for a lack of stewardship or scholarship. The inverse is appreciated. I DO despise inequities such as double standards. And response is NOT initiative. Please don't assign my responses as me initiating anything, as that's an inequity.

I'm a non-/anti-Trinitarian, but seek discussion and reconciliation according to biblical exegesis. F/S/HS are all distinct, all eternal, all uncreated, all non-modal Deity by subsistence; but God is NOT three hypostases/one ousia (three "persons"/one "being") as a Trinity. All historical God-models can be reconciled to the one central biblical truth of God's constitution, including Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Arianism, and the various forms of Modalism and modern Oneness.

And I'm none of the above, so please don't refer to me as such; even if you can't understand whatever I say or present. Take my word for it... I know what the forms of Modalism are, and I'm not one. I know what the various schools of Gnosticism teach, and I'm not any one of them.

For both of you who love me already... muah. For those who don't care for me already... touche'. Jesus Christ is God and Savior; the Logos; God manifest in the flesh.
    Last edited by PneumaPsucheSoma; April 13th, 2013, 11:03 PM.
    Ecclesia reformata et semper reformanda secundum verbum Dei
    “The Church reformed and always reforming, according to the Word of God.”

Originally posted by PneumaPsucheSoma View Post
    Jesus Christ is God and Savior; the Logos; God manifest in the flesh.
    That's a good start.

Welcome to TOL.

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
    They already know monsters exist.
    We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Welcome to TOL. I am not a scholar. I know as much Greek as a flower which nonetheless shines forth in all of God's glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
        That's a good start.

Welcome to TOL.
        Thank you, Tambora. I've read a number of your posts while lurking before joining.

Regardless of any discrepancies, my adamant affirmation of Jesus Christ as ontological Deity ought to garner some measure of mutuality.

I'm sure I'll see you on the Theology Proper-type threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeset View Post
          Welcome to TOL. I am not a scholar. I know as much Greek as a flower which nonetheless shines forth in all of God's glory.
          Thank you Eeset. Greek scholarship is neither required nor to be disdained. The Gospel is simple, but God is inherently not. Simple works. Complex works. They both have their boundaries. Neither should be substituted for the other.

Doctrine isn't necessarily salvific.

Comment

Welcome.

What can we call for short?
            So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Doormat View Post
              Welcome.

What can we call for short?
              Thanx, Doormat. I should've included that. PPS is the short form.

Comment

I'm new. I'm introducing myself. (PneumaPsucheSoma = SpiritSoulBody). For short, PPS will do.

I'm a reconciliationist and non-dichotomist regarding the vast plethora of sectarian divisions of doctrine. There is only one central truth on any/all doctrinal topics. Only objective truth is relevant; subjective opinion is only relevant to the extent it is in accord with objective truth. That will be reflected in my posting, especially in reference to Theology Proper. My style is "heavy" with vocab and lexical Greek in conversation. I don't despise simplicity unless it's an excuse for a lack of stewardship or scholarship. The inverse is appreciated. I DO despise inequities such as double standards. And response is NOT initiative. Please don't assign my responses as me initiating anything, as that's an inequity.

I'm a non-/anti-Trinitarian, but seek discussion and reconciliation according to biblical exegesis. F/S/HS are all distinct, all eternal, all uncreated, all non-modal Deity by subsistence; but God is NOT three hypostases/one ousia (three "persons"/one "being") as a Trinity. All historical God-models can be reconciled to the one central biblical truth of God's constitution, including Trinitarianism, Binitarianism, Unitarianism, Arianism, and the various forms of Modalism and modern Oneness.

And I'm none of the above, so please don't refer to me as such; even if you can't understand whatever I say or present. Take my word for it... I know what the forms of Modalism are, and I'm not one. I know what the various schools of Gnosticism teach, and I'm not any one of them.

For both of you who love me already... muah. For those who don't care for me already... touche'. Jesus Christ is God and Savior; the Logos; God manifest in the flesh.
                Hmm.

Welcome to TOL!
                Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Originally posted by steko View Post
                  Hmm.

Welcome to TOL!
                  Hmm = LOL. Thanx, steko.

Comment

Thanx, Doormat. I should've included that. PPS is the short form.
                    Okay, PPS it is.

However, if I find you endearing I might call you PoPS.
                    So they took him and killed him, and threw him out of the vineyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Doormat View Post
                      Okay, PPS it is.

However, if I find you endearing I might call you PoPS.
                      LOL. That would be great! Since I tend to always challenge the status quo and I'm given to dry humor and biting sarcasm at times, you may be one who finds that endearing.

I was just reading your thread on the devil and jumped back over here.

Comment

I'm given to dry humor and biting sarcasm at times
                        Oh boy!

We don't tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters exist.
                        We tell our children fairy tales so that they will know that monsters can be killed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambora View Post
                          Oh boy!
                          LOL. I may end up being your favorite forum member.

Comment

hehe!

I'm just glad you have a sense of humor.
                            So many are either overly sensitive or overly cocky.
                            Both kinda spoil the fun.

Comment

Hey!
                              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

Working...
                              X