Theology Club: Should Those in The Body of Christ Confess Their Sins?

Jerry Shugart

We know that those in the Body of Christ can become defiled in their "walk" so doesn't that mean that once a Christian sins then he is no longer holy?:

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Are Christian not to confess their sin so that they can have their sins taken away and cleansed from all unrighteousness?:

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to remit us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1 Jn.1:9).​

Last edited:

heir

TOL Subscriber
Should Those in The Body of Christ Confess Their Sins?
What sins? Mine were forgiven 2000 years ago when Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:121 KJV took place! They were put off by the circumcision of Christ (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)! They're gone!

And 1 John 1:9 has NOTHING to do with any of us in the dispensation of the grace of God.

glorydaz

What sins? Mine were forgiven 2000 years ago when Romans 4:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:19 KJV, 2 Corinthians 5:121 KJV took place! They were put off by the circumcision of Christ (Colossians 2:11-13 KJV)! They're gone!

And 1 John 1:9 has NOTHING to do with any of us in the dispensation of the grace of God.

And I agree. Nice to see you heir. :wave:

Jerry Shugart

So you don't think that when a Christian sins he becomes defiled?":

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Cor.7:1).​

Do you not know that the epistles of John were written during the present dispensation of grace and receive by Christians living in the present dispensation?

You got some strange ideas, ideas that make absolutely no sense.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you don't think that when a Christian sins he becomes defiled?"
I don't believe we can defile. We are not in a conditional, performance based system with the Lord as was Israel. The Corinthians were being reproved for divisions and schisms that have nothing to do with believers today.

Do you not know that the epistles of John were written during the present dispensation of grace and receive by Christians living in the present dispensation?
NO! Paul was made a minister, according to the dispensation of God for us (the church which is Christ's Body) to fulfil the word of God not John.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Colossians 1:26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

John was under command to Israel (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 10:23 KJV, Galatians 2:7-9 KJV). He's not our apostle (Romans 11:13 KJV). We follow Paul (1 Corinthians 4:15-16 KJV)!
You got some strange ideas, ideas that make absolutely no sense.
That's funny. I understand them (2 Timothy 1:13 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:2 KJV, 2 Timothy 2:7-8 KJV)!

Jerry Shugart

I don't believe we can defile.

So when Paul tells Christians to cleanse themselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit that filthiness doesn't defile?

Where do you get such strange ideas?

John was under command to Israel (Matthew 10:5-6 KJV, Matthew 10:23 KJV, Galatians 2:7-9 KJV).

Are you not even aware that Israel was temporarily cast aside by the time when John wrote his epistles?

Do you not even understand that the gospel which that nation will preach to the whole world is the "gospel of the kingdom" (Mt.24:14)? Are you so uninformed that you actually think that is the gospel of which Peter spoke in his first epistle?:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed...Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers; But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot"
(1 Pet.2:24, 1:18-19).​

Are you so uninformed that you cannot even understand that these words of Peter are speaking of what Paul referred to as "the preaching of the Cross"? Are you so uninformed that you cannot even tell the difference between the preaching of the Cross and the gospel of the kingdom?

I guess you are that uninformed!

Last edited: