Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differences btw Old Covenant, New Covenant and Fellowship of the Mystery

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Danoh View Post
    You think you do - the only mystery hidden in the OT was Daniel's - Daniel 2; Revelation 10.
    The nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) were veiled in the prophets, but the fact that they would be assembled together and presented to you was a mystery.
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    You're too literal to get it.
    Originally posted by Interplanner
    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
      The nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) were veiled in the prophets, but the fact that they would be assembled together and presented to you was a mystery.
      Nope; Paul is merely asserting his later Romans 1 opening - that He preaches the same Jesus who was prophesied; came; died; rose from the dead; and was seen by many witnesses - but NOT the same gospel about Him.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
        Nope; Paul is merely asserting his later Romans 1 opening - that He preaches the same Jesus who was prophesied; came; died; rose from the dead; and was seen by many witnesses - but NOT the same gospel about Him.
        Didn't say the gospel as a unit was in the prophets. The nuts and bolts of it are there.
        Christ dying for sins. Burial. Resurrection. It's all back there.

        Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits.
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        You're too literal to get it.
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
          Didn't say the gospel as a unit was in the prophets. The nuts and bolts of it are there.
          Christ dying for sins. Burial. Resurrection. It's all back there.

          Passover, Unleavened Bread, First Fruits.
          Not the ONE Mystery. Which is not about equal Gentile access to salvation. That only appears to be the case on its surface.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Danoh View Post
            Not the ONE Mystery. Which is not about equal Gentile access to salvation. That only appears to be the case on its surface.
            Why can't Romans 16 and Eph 3 be separate, but related, mysteries?
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            You're too literal to get it.
            Originally posted by Interplanner
            The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
              Why can't Romans 16 and Eph 3 be separate, but related, mysteries?
              Because 16:26 is referring to Paul's writings.

              By the way, where do you see this mystery in Romans that Paul mentions in 16:25.

              I mean that; as I am hoping we are simply comparing notes - I harbor no animosity towards you (and yours, lol)

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                Because 16:26 is referring to Paul's writings.
                How do you know that?


                Can you not see the independent parts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) looking back at the prophets?
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                You're too literal to get it.
                Originally posted by Interplanner
                The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                  How do you know that?


                  Can you not see the independent parts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) looking back at the prophets?
                  Here is a question for you - what is Paul's point in 1 Cor. 15 that he feels the need to bring up what he repeates in 1-4?

                  By the way; thanks for the back and forth on these things; I'm enjoying its challenge

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                    Here is a question for you - what is Paul's point in 1 Cor. 15 that he feels the need to bring up what he repeates in 1-4?

                    By the way; thanks for the back and forth on these things; I'm enjoying its challenge
                    "According to the scriptures"

                    He met these in a synagogue. What were the scriptures he used?
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    You're too literal to get it.
                    Originally posted by Interplanner
                    The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                      Why can't Romans 16 and Eph 3 be separate, but related, mysteries?
                      fellowship!
                      2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                      Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                        You think you do -
                        I know I do as I 2 Timothy 2:15 KJV. There's no point in the passage if there is nothing that needs to be rightly divided. Paul's epistles must be or you (like the religious system) end up with contradictions that must be spiritualized away. Break out the hip waders for the MUD.
                        2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                        Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                          the only mystery hidden in the OT was Daniel's - Daniel 2; Revelation 10.

                          Your continued misread of passages in Rom. 16; 1 Cor. 2, etc., is not going to change that.
                          Your rejection of the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom is sadly noted.
                          2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                          Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                            You think you do - the only mystery hidden in the OT was Daniel's - Daniel 2; Revelation 10.

                            Your continued misread of passages in Rom. 16; 1 Cor. 2, etc., is not going to change that.
                            1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV -

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                              The nuts and bolts of 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV) were veiled in the prophets, but the fact that they would be assembled together and presented to you was a mystery.
                              Amen and Paul tells us why it was a mystery! 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV.
                              2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                              Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
                                1 Corinthians 2:7 KJV -
                                Danoh rejects that the fact that Christ was dying for some men's sins was hidden in plain sight (hidden wisdom of God) in the scriptures, but that is the only way Paul can tell us it was both a mystery (Romans 16:25 KJV, 1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV) and "according to the scriptures" (1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV, Romans 16:26 KJV).
                                2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

                                Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X