Theology Club: Departure cannot possibly mean the removal of the church

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Totton, my own understanding is this…

In Acts 7, unbelieving Israel as a nation has all but reached the height of its rebellion against God in the Law and the Prophets’ assertion (as further witnessed first by the Lord and the Twelve in Matthew thru John, and again by the Spirit n Acts 1 thru 7 via the Twelve and those of the circumcision which believe with them) that Jesus was/is the LORD’s Prophesied Christ, Acts 7:51-53.

With that, Israel was then headed towards events which would culminate in the height of their rebellion; the height of their departure from Moses as to Who Christ was/is, John 5:43, John 5:46; Acts 7: 51-53.

The height of said departure from Moses would have culminated in their being taken in by the man of sin; c. f. Daniel. 11:32.

Israel was headed towards that. “But where sin abound, grace did much more abound,” Romans 5:20.

This is where the world was at until Romans 3:21, when God interrupted all that; saved Israel’s chief sinner in all this; Saul of Tarsus, 1 Tim. 1:15-16, and sent him out with His Mystery message of “grace and peace to you” to all without distinction, Romans thru Philemon.

When this offer of “grace and peace to you” is over with; Romans 11:25, then, at some point after that; Israel in unbelief, together with the rest of the world, will be right back where things were headed in in Romans 1:18 – Romans 3:19, the “cause” for “strong delusion” that Paul relates in 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12, will come upon the world, but for those “who know their God,” Daniel 11:32; Rev. 3:10-11.

I do not believe that the man of sin is Jewish or is connected to Israel, he is WORLD ruler. He opposes ALL religion and everything called god.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Soooooo...is it a fair statement?

The Tribulation is not the day of the Lord for Jesus teaches "after the tribulation of those days.......they will see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven and He will send out His angels to gather His elect."

Danoh

I do not believe that the man of sin is Jewish or is connected to Israel, he is WORLD ruler. He opposes ALL religion and everything called god.

Apostate (fallen away first) Israel's False Messiah:

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

They are expecting someone Semitic:

John 1:19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

1:20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

1:25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

John 9:28 Then they reviled him, and said, Thou art his disciple; but we are Moses' disciples.

John 9:29 We know that God spake unto Moses: as for this fellow, we know not from whence he is.

Dan 11:37 Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.

2Th 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Just a fraction of what's in the Book.

I'm curious, though, Tot; what passages are you basing your assertion on?

Thanks in advance :)

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Always in the bible tribulation comes from men, it is persecution. "in the world you will have tribulation, be of good cheer I have overcome the world"

"Through much tribulation must we enter the kingdom."

Danoh

Always in the bible tribulation comes from men, it is persecution. "in the world you will have tribulation, be of good cheer I have overcome the world"

"Through much tribulation must we enter the kingdom."

Not true. Study that out throughout Scripture; all you are doing is quoting a passage as if it is a "one size fits all" throughout the whole of Scripture.

This is why you are Post-Trib; your above practice has ended you up at confusing teaching regarding the Messianic church (or assembly) in Scripture, Matt. 16:28; John 1: 41, with the other church (or assembly) in Scripture; the Body of Christ, 1 Cor. 12:13; Col. 1:24.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I am post trib because Jesus was post trib. He said after the tribulation of those days....they will see the Son of mam coming in the clouds