Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    Please quote the verses which prove that what you said is true.

    No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:
    "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).

    Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:

    "So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).

    Hi and read Gal 3:28 for it also answers those who were " in Christ before Paul as Rom 16:7 says !!

    #1 , First , those in Christ were not in the Body of Christ and THEIR was not yet a Body of Christ and most say REDEMPTIVELY they were in Christ !!

    You would have to say that all saved Jews were then in the Body of Christ and would have to PUT all Jews are in the Body , BUT Gal 3:28 TRUMPS that , for there are no JEWS in the Body !!

    dan p

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
      Hi and read Gal 3:28 for it also answers those who were " in Christ before Paul as Rom 16:7 says !!

      #1 , First , those in Christ were not in the Body of Christ and THEIR was not yet a Body of Christ and most say REDEMPTIVELY they were in Christ !!

      You would have to say that all saved Jews were then in the Body of Christ and would have to PUT all Jews are in the Body , BUT Gal 3:28 TRUMPS that , for there are no JEWS in the Body !!

      dan p
      The concept of their being in Christ before Paul is one he often touches on and its idea is always the same - its the idea of the Cross' Two-Fold Redemption - Prophecy and Mystery.

      Theirs is Acts 3, Pre-Romans 11 (BEFORE Israel's Fall), and the Body's is Romans 3, Post-Romans 11 (AFTER Israel's Fall).

      Just as the Body's PHYSICAL Redemption is Romans 11:25, followed by theirs per Romans 11:26 at some point AFTER the Body's.

      Both Spiritual redemptions and both Physical redemptions are made possible IN what Christ accomplished BY the Cross, Acts 3 and Romans 5.

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
        Please quote the verses which prove that what you said is true.

        No one has yet answered the fact that Paul himself spoke of other men who were in Christ before him:
        "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).

        Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:

        "So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).
        Is the Vine from the four gospels the Body of Christ?
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        You're too literal to get it.
        Originally posted by Interplanner
        The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by achduke View Post
          It says sins against the son of Man are forgiven and the reason there is blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is because of an unclean spirit. I doubt Paul had a unclean spirit in him after being baptized in Christ.
          Saul rejected the Son of Man, spoke against him.
          Saul rejected the Holy Ghost, spoke against him.
          There was no hope for old Saul.

          Until Acts 9...the appearing

          2 Timothy 4:8 (KJV)
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          You're too literal to get it.
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

          Comment


          • #65
            You silly, silly MADs.

            If you would only drop all this divisive man-made dispensationalism and quit majoring on the minors, and realize that the Bible merely contains the word of God but isnt the Word of God, and stop worshipping Paul, Jesus will come back and unite us all in one big happy church so we can go put and kick some heathen butt for the glory of God.

            Quit blocking God's bridges, as a wise man once said!
            "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
            Terence Mc Lean

            [most will be very surprised]


            Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
            By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by musterion View Post
              You silly, silly MADs.

              If you would only drop all this divisive man-made dispensationalism and quit majoring on the minors, and realize that the Bible merely contains the word of God but isnt the Word of God, Jesus will come back and unite us all in one big happy church so we can go put and kick some heathen butt for the glory of God.

              Quit blocking God's bridges, as a wise man once said!
              I know, we should be more ecumenical.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              You're too literal to get it.
              Originally posted by Interplanner
              The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                I know, we should be more ecumenical.

                Yes you should. You need to get your head out of those epistles and get back to the parts of the New Testament that Jesus wrote!
                "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                Terence Mc Lean

                [most will be very surprised]


                Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by musterion View Post
                  Yes you should. You need to get your head out of those epistles and get back to the parts of the New Testament that Jesus wrote!
                  They've always scared me, because I know I cannot follow the red letters. Even as an unlearned child, I knew I could not follow them.
                  Originally posted by Interplanner
                  They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                  Originally posted by Interplanner
                  You're too literal to get it.
                  Originally posted by Interplanner
                  The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    And learning the gift of tongues wouldn't hurt you any either. Would help ya follow them words that Jesus wrote.
                    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                    Terence Mc Lean

                    [most will be very surprised]


                    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by musterion View Post
                      And learning the gift of tongues wouldn't hurt you any either.
                      I have signed up for Donnie Swaggart's course.
                      $399 for a week, to learn how.
                      Originally posted by Interplanner
                      They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                      Originally posted by Interplanner
                      You're too literal to get it.
                      Originally posted by Interplanner
                      The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        That's a good deal. Less than I paid John Avanzini.
                        "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                        Terence Mc Lean

                        [most will be very surprised]


                        Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                        By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                          Saul rejected the Son of Man, spoke against him.
                          Saul rejected the Holy Ghost, spoke against him.
                          There was no hope for old Saul.

                          Until Acts 9...the appearing

                          2 Timothy 4:8 (KJV)
                          What does 2 Timothy 4:8 Have anything to do when Paul was saved? What Day do you think Paul was talking about when he receives his crown? Also at what point of time do you think Paul received the Holy Spirit?

                          8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by achduke View Post
                            What does 2 Timothy 4:8 Have anything to do when Paul was saved? What Day do you think Paul was talking about when he receives his crown? Also at what point of time do you think Paul received the Holy Spirit?
                            It could refer to his appearing(s) to Paul.


                            Acts 26
                            16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee
                            Originally posted by Interplanner
                            They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                            Originally posted by Interplanner
                            You're too literal to get it.
                            Originally posted by Interplanner
                            The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                              It could refer to his appearing(s) to Paul.


                              Acts 26
                              16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee
                              I think the day referred to in 2 Timothy 4:8 is the Last Day spoken about throughout the bible. This would be mean from 2 Timothy 4:8 that Paul has not received his crown yet.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
                                It could refer to his appearing(s) to Paul.


                                Acts 26
                                16 But rise, and stand upon thy feet: for I have appeared unto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witness both of these things which thou hast seen, and of those things in the which I will appear unto thee
                                2 Tim 1
                                10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:


                                2 Tim 4
                                8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                You're too literal to get it.
                                Originally posted by Interplanner
                                The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X