Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Theology Club: Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?

    There are many sincere believers in the Mid Acts community who say that the following verses prove that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ:
    "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim.1:15-16).

    I do not think that these verses say that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ. Instead, Paul is saying that we should look at his own life "first" as an example that demonstrates just how far the grace of the Lord reaches. Paul sees himself as being not worthy to be an apostle because he "persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor.15:9) and describes himself as "chief" or "first in rank" among all sinners. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.

  • #2
    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
    There are many sincere believers in the Mid Acts community who say that the following verses prove that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ:
    "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim.1:15-16).

    I do not think that these verses say that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ. Instead, Paul is saying that we should look at his own life "first" as an example that demonstrates just how far the grace of the Lord reaches. Paul sees himself as being not worthy to be an apostle because he "persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor.15:9) and describes himself as "chief" or "first in rank" among all sinners. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.

    Hi , and I first use Acts 9:6 and then 1 Cor 12:3 and 1 Cor 15:8 which are UN-DENIABLE and it sees who can or will DISPUTE these 3 verses ??

    And the Greek word PROTO means FIRST saved and not the biggest SINNER as Phil 3:6 under the Law BLAMELESS !!

    DAN P

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      There are many sincere believers in the Mid Acts community who say that the following verses prove that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ:
      "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim.1:15-16).

      I do not think that these verses say that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ. Instead, Paul is saying that we should look at his own life "first" as an example that demonstrates just how far the grace of the Lord reaches. Paul sees himself as being not worthy to be an apostle because he "persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor.15:9) and describes himself as "chief" or "first in rank" among all sinners. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.
      Paul was the first, as a pattern. Read it again

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
        There are many sincere believers in the Mid Acts community who say that the following verses prove that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ:
        "This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting" (1 Tim.1:15-16).
        I do not think that these verses say that Paul was the first member of the Body of Christ. Instead, Paul is saying that we should look at his own life "first" as an example that demonstrates just how far the grace of the Lord reaches. Paul sees himself as being not worthy to be an apostle because he "persecuted the church of God" (1 Cor.15:9) and describes himself as "chief" or "first in rank" among all sinners. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.
        Come on Jerry.

        What do you think that "A PATTERN TO THEM WHICH SHOULD HEREAFTER BELIEVE" means?
        All of my ancestors are human.
        Originally posted by Squeaky
        That explains why your an idiot.
        Originally posted by God's Truth
        Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
        Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
        (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

        1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
        (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

        Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by DAN P View Post
          Hi , and I first use Acts 9:6 and then 1 Cor 12:3 and 1 Cor 15:8 which are UN-DENIABLE and it sees who can or will DISPUTE these 3 verses ??

          And the Greek word PROTO means FIRST saved and not the biggest SINNER as Phil 3:6 under the Law BLAMELESS !!

          DAN P
          You are wrong when you say that Paul was the first person saved, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' words here spoken to a woman:
          "And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).

          As long as you continue to follow the teachings of those within the Neo-MAD camp you will continue to make these giant blunders, Dan.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
            Paul was the first, as a pattern. Read it again
            Are you also one of those who follow the silly teachings found within the Neo-MAD community that Paul was the first person who was saved?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Right Divider View Post
              Come on Jerry.

              What do you think that "A PATTERN TO THEM WHICH SHOULD HEREAFTER BELIEVE" means?
              Are you also among those who are ignorant of the fact that Paul was not the first person saved.

              Paul was a "pattern" in regard to the "longsuffering" of the Lord, not to salvation. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.

              Comment


              • #8
                Did the Body of Christ Began at Acts 9?
                It began with Adam and Eve, they Pictured Christ and the Church Eph 5:30-32

                30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

                31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

                32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
                "... I have my own private opinion that there is no such a thing as
                preaching Christ and him crucified, unless you preach what now-a-days is
                called Calvinism. I have my own ideas, and those I always state boldly. It is
                a nickname to call it Calvinism; Calvinism is the gospel, and nothing else."

                Charles Spurgeon !

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                  And the Greek word PROTO means FIRST saved and not the biggest SINNER as Phil 3:6 under the Law BLAMELESS !!
                  I've always found that to be a very good point.
                  "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                  Terence Mc Lean

                  [most will be very surprised]


                  Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                  By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                    You are wrong when you say that Paul was the first person saved, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' words here spoken to a woman:
                    "And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).
                    As long as you continue to follow the teachings of those within the Neo-MAD camp you will continue to make these giant blunders, Dan.
                    So the BOC started at least in Luke 7? Was that woman saved by believing Christ had died for her sins, was buried and rose again from the dead?
                    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
                    Terence Mc Lean

                    [most will be very surprised]


                    Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
                    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                      Are you also among those who are ignorant of the fact that Paul was not the first person saved.

                      Paul was a "pattern" in regard to the "longsuffering" of the Lord, not to salvation. Paul is saying that if the Lord can reach down in grace to save him then anyone can be saved.
                      I just understand it like it's written Jerry.
                      1Ti 1:16 KJV Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
                      It's quite clear.
                      All of my ancestors are human.
                      Originally posted by Squeaky
                      That explains why your an idiot.
                      Originally posted by God's Truth
                      Father figure, Son figure, and Holy Spirit figure.
                      Col 2:9 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

                      1Tim 4:10 (AKJV/PCE)
                      (4:10) For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

                      Something that was SPOKEN OF since the world began CANNOT be the SAME thing as something KEPT SECRET since the world began.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by musterion View Post
                        I've always found that to be a very good point.
                        Are you so uninformed that you actually think that Paul was the first person saved despite these words of the Lord Jesus spoken to a woman many years before Paul was saved?:
                        "And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).

                        You have been given some bad information.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                          You are wrong when you say that Paul was the first person saved, as witnessed by the Lord Jesus' words here spoken to a woman:
                          "And he said unto her, Thy sins are forgiven. And they that sat at meat with him began to say within themselves, Who is this that forgiveth sins also? And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace" (Lk.7:47-50).

                          As long as you continue to follow the teachings of those within the Neo-MAD camp you will continue to make these giant blunders, Dan.


                          Hi Jerry and PROTO means FIRST and is un-deniable !!

                          Chief is used when talking about some one in RANK !!

                          I see that 1 Cor 15: escaped your thinking , as it has TRUMPED all that you have written !!

                          I see that 1 Cor 12:3 is proof of Paul's salvation , and care to say what that verse MEANS ??


                          Also explain what Rom 1:1 means , another coup for Acts 9:6 !!

                          Prove that there is an Acts 13 position in Acts 13 ??

                          dan p
                          Last edited by DAN P; January 4, 2016, 12:18 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by musterion View Post
                            So the BOC started at least in Luke 7? Was that woman saved by believing Christ had died for her sins, was buried and rose again from the dead?
                            Do you continue to assert that Paul was the first person saved despite the fact that the Lord Jesus told a woman that she was saved many years before Paul was saved?

                            And no one has said that the New Man, the Body of Christ, began as early as Luke 7. Despite that fact Paul speaks of those who were "in Christ" prior to him:
                            "Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellow-prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me" (Ro.16:7).

                            Paul also says that if anyone be "in Christ" then he is a new creation:
                            "So if any one be in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold all things have become new" (2 Cor.5:17; J. N. Darby Translation).

                            Cornelius Stam says, "The above rendering of II Cor. 5:17 by J.N.Darby, in his 'New Translation,' is doubtless more accurate than that of the 'Authorized Version.' This 'new creation,' this 'one new man,' this 'joint body,' formed of Jews and Gentiles made one in Christ, is called 'His body, the fulness of Him that filleth all in all' (Eph. 1:23)" (Stam, True Spirituality [Berean Literature Foundation, 1984], p. 48,50).

                            Those who are said to be "in Christ" are members of the Church, which is His Body. If "any one be in Christ" he is a member of the Body of Christ. It is inconceivable that Paul would use the phrase "in Christ" indiscriminately, sometimes applying it to the Body of Christ and sometimes not. That would lead to nothing but confusion and our Lord is not a God of confusion.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                              Hi Jerry and PROTO means FIRST and is un-deniable !!
                              According to your strange ideas Paul was the "first person saved" despite the fact that the Lord Jesus told a woman that she was saved many years prior to Paul's salvation.

                              Do you think that the Lord Jesus was in error when He told that woman that she was saved?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X