Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
    It makes sense to me, on the surface.
    Me too, which is why I posted it for input...multitude of counselors...
    "There is one thing worse than going to Hell. That would be going to Hell and having it be a surprise."
    Terence Mc Lean

[most will be very surprised]

Everyone who has not believed the Gospel of grace is not saved, no matter what else they believe or do.
    By that measure, how many professing Christians are on their way to the Lake of Fire?

Comment

Originally posted by musterion View Post
      Me too, which is why I posted it for input...multitude of counselors...
      It's a mess!

Ephesians 2:11-13 KJV has NOTHING to do with the new covenant. That is future with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah (Hebrews 8:8 KJV). The NC has nothing to do with the dispensation of the grace of God which is what Ephesians is about (Ephesians 1:1-12 KJV)!

That the person believes we are made partakers like the Hebrews is also in error. We are not made partakers in Christ "if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end"

Hebrews 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

We are already made partakers of God's promise in Christ by the gospel!

Ephesians 3:6 That the Gentiles should be fellowheirs, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ by the gospel:

Ephesians has to do with Gentiles:

the "ye" who "also trusted" in Christ (Ephesians 1:13 KJV)
      who in time past had no hope (Ephesians 2:11-12 KJV)
      were (and are today) being made fellowheirs (Ephesians 3:6 KJV)
      who were made nigh (Ephesians 2:13 KJV nigh "unto God", that is Ephesians 2:16 KJV)
      made one new man (Ephesians 2:15 KJV) with those to whom Paul was first sent (Acts 26:17 KJV), who were heirs according to the promise (Galatians 3:29 KJV). They are those who first trusted in Christ (Ephesians 1:12 KJV beginning with Paul 1 Timothy 1:16 KJV); the them that were nigh (Ephesians 2:17 KJV).

When you see the above, you will see what is the fellowship of the mystery (Ephesians 3:9 KJV).
      Last edited by heir; August 27th, 2015, 06:35 AM.
      2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

Working...
      X