Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Galationism...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
    What if they were mistaken?

    At the judgement seat, you will suffer your own loss. They won't be able to accept it for you, if they were mistaken.
    They were not mistaken when they said that the Jews who lived under the law were saved by faith apart from works. After all, these is what the Savior said to those Jews:
    "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

    It was those who believed His words who were saved, and that is made plain by His words here spoken to the Jews who lived under the law:
    "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

    If you continue to deny these words of the Savior then there can be no doubt that at the judgement seat you will suffer your own loss.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
      If you continue to deny these words of the Savior then there can be no doubt that at the judgement seat you will suffer your own loss.
      I don't believe that I do.
      There is context all around those verses.
      Originally posted by Interplanner
      They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
      Originally posted by Interplanner
      You're too literal to get it.
      Originally posted by Interplanner
      The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
        I don't believe that I do.
        There is context all around those verses.
        The words of the Lord Jesus here mean exactly what they say:
        "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

        The context where these words are found do not change the meaning of His words in anyway. If He meant to convey the thought that those who believe and do works are saved then He would have said that but He did not.What He said there is either true or it is false.

        According to you what He said was not true.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
          According to you what He said was not true.
          I believe you are mistaken about that.
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          They can't compete with a real writer and grammar scholar
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          You're too literal to get it.
          Originally posted by Interplanner
          The New Covenant preceded the Old Covenant.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by SaulToPaul View Post
            I believe you are mistaken about that.
            Then tell me why the Lord Jesus did not say "believe and do works"?

            If it took both to be saved then what He said here could not possibly be true because He names only one requirement to be saved:
            "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

            if it took more that faith to receive life why would He only name one thing which brings life?:
            "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by patrick jane View Post
              i must be on GD's ignore list -

              the pay-no-mind list
              No you're not. I'm just watching to see which way you're going to roll now.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                Then tell me why the Lord Jesus did not say "believe and do works"?

                If it took both to be saved then what He said here could not possibly be true because He names only one requirement to be saved:
                "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

                if it took more that faith to receive life why would He only name one thing which brings life?:
                "It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life" (Jn.6:63).


                Hi and all need to read is in Acts 26:20 , for all of Israel had to Repent and Repentance is WORKS in Acts 26:20 as is Matt 3:8 and is why the one's saved today do not need to repent , 1 Cor 2:14 !!

                dan p

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Danoh View Post
                  I will soon be moving on, as well. For I find that what I signed on this forum for - exploration and sharing with others of like precious faith, and in the spirit of fellowship - is ever sabotaged by this fool's neurotic need.

                  In this, perhaps it is not ironic at all that he has turned a thread about Galatianism, into a thread about him.
                  Don't let him force you out. That's what he wants....that's what he's working for. Just place him on Ignore like any other troll.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by glorydaz View Post
                    Don't let him force you out. That's what he wants....that's what he's working for. Just place him on Ignore like any other troll.
                    Why don't carry on for him?

                    All you have to do is to tell us why the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that all they had to do in order to be saved was to believe since you say that they had to believe and to do works in order to be saved:
                    "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by DAN P View Post
                      Hi and all need to read is in Acts 26:20 , for all of Israel had to Repent and Repentance is WORKS in Acts 26:20 as is Matt 3:8 and is why the one's saved today do not need to repent , 1 Cor 2:14 !!
                      You didn't read Acts 26:20 close enough:
                      "But shewed first unto them of Damascus, and at Jerusalem, and throughout all the coasts of Judaea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, and do works meet for repentance" (Acts 26:20).

                      Why would you ever think that the Jews who lived under the law could not be saved apart from works since the Lord Jesus told them this?:
                      "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Jerry Shugart View Post
                        Why don't carry on for him?

                        All you have to do is to tell us why the Lord Jesus told the Jews who lived under the law that all they had to do in order to be saved was to believe since you say that they had to believe and to do works in order to be saved:
                        "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).
                        Your posts are a nuisance. Go put a Pop Tart in the toaster and
                        watch Cable reruns of Gilligan's Island.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                          Your posts are a nuisance. Go put a Pop Tart in the toaster and
                          watch Cable reruns of Gilligan's Island.
                          His posts are reruns.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Grosnick Marowbe View Post
                            Your posts are a nuisance. Go put a Pop Tart in the toaster and
                            watch Cable reruns of Gilligan's Island.
                            Of course my posts are a nuisance to you because you have no answers to the passages from the Scriptures which prove that your ideas are blunders.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X