Is MAD doctrine correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by godrulz View Post
    Peter, James, John, Paul were all on the same page. They received Paul because he taught consistent with the gospel they believed
    Peter, James and John didn't know “that gospel” that Paul preached among the Gentiles until he "went up by revelation, and communicated" it unto them. It was THEN (not before) that they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto Paul. It was THEN (not before) that they “perceived the grace” that was given unto Paul!

Galatians 2:1-2 KJV Then fourteen years after I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, and took Titus with me also. 2 And I went up by revelation, and communicated unto them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but privately to them which were of reputation, lest by any means I should run, or had run, in vain.

Galatians 2:6 KJV But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person for they who seemed to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me:

They added nothing to Paul?! If they had been preaching the same gospel (as godrulz would have us to believe) surely THEY must have added something to Paul. According to the scriptures they DIDN'T!

BUT CONTRARIWISE,…!

Galatians 2:7-9 KJV But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; 8 (For he that wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision, the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles 9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
    2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

• Originally posted by heir View Post
      Why did Paul say one baptism if there is to be two?
      made up term MUD slinger
      Using your logic, there is only one Lord, so the trinity is not true? The Father and Jesus are each called Lord.

There are various possible interpretations of the verse, but not in isolation of other verses that show there are various baptisms mentioned. You proof text out of context to support MAD. This is not exegesis.

The burden of proof is on you and your two gospel post-cross theories unheard of for practically 2000 years of the greatest minds in Christianity (including Paul).
      Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
      I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

You don't have a clue what was going on in the Acts of the Apostles.
        Really? Says the MAD/KJVO heretic?

The best minds over 2000 years of Christian history/theology disagree with your modern views.

Comment

Romans 16:25 Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,Romans 16:26 But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith:

1 Corinthians 2:6 Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

1 Corinthians 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

1 Corinthians 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.

Galatians 1:11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

Galatians 1:12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ.
          All consistent with Acts 2 disp views or normative NT theology. They do not prove MAD at all (exegesis, not eisegesis, get it?).

Gal. 2:7 in context and Greek grammar (genitive), not MAD, not KJVO=demarcation of ministry; two true gospels post-cross is contradicted by all of the NT, context, grammar.

Comment

Using your logic, there is only one Lord, so the trinity is not true? The Father and Jesus are each called Lord.
            2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Paul defines the word of truth as the gospel of your salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV, Ephesians 1:13 KJV). Now, study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed by rightly dividing it!

Comment

There are various possible interpretations of the verse, but not in isolation of other verses that show there are various baptisms mentioned.
              There are many baptisms in the Bible, but there is only ONE baptism today and it is BY ONE SPIRIT into ONE BODY (the Spirit is the baptizer!).

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

When one trusts the Lord after hearing and believing the word of truth (1 Corinthians 15:1-4) they are baptized by one Spirit in to one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13).

It is a baptism (identification) into Christ's death,

Romans 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? 4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

It's a Spirit baptism into Christ,

Galatians 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

It is the one baptism of Ephesians 4 that we are to endevour to keep.

Ephesians 4:1 I therefore, the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that ye walk worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called, 2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; 3 Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Comment

All consistent with Acts 2 disp views or normative NT theology.
                Those who believe the church, the Body of Christ, started in Acts 2 are not dispensational. They are wrong dividers. The gospel in Acts 2 is NOT the gospel that Paul preached.

Comment

Why did He say one Lord if God is triune and Father and Son are both called LORD?

Comment

Those who believe the church started in Acts 2 are not dispensational. They are wrong dividers. The gospel in Acts 2 is NOT the gospel that Paul preached.
                    There is no other way to be saved after the cross than grace by faith in the person and work of Christ. MAD says Acts 2 does not teach this. You are wrong (read it slowly).

Comment

Those who believe the church, the Body of Christ, started in Acts 2 are not dispensational. They are wrong dividers. The gospel in Acts 2 is NOT the gospel that Paul preached.
                      Virtually all Christians through the centuries see Acts 2 as the start of the Church, Jew/Gentile one in Christ through faith in Christ. It is the promise of Christ. The Spirit births the church in power and glory. Moving this pivotal point to a Christian murder's conviction instead of Spirit/Christ is galling and wrong.

Your view is hyper-disp/ultradisp. (divides too much) The great dispensationalists have safely rejected it if it was even on their radar (it is such an inconsequential view because it is wrong). MAD is a distinct minority view within the family of dispensationalism. If you were not so anti-intellectual, you would not be so arrogant in your ignorance.

Comment

All consistent with Acts 2 disp views or normative NT theology. They do not prove MAD at all (exegesis, not eisegesis, get it?).
                        You lie. If Paul's gospel was a mystery kept secret since the world began (and the scriptures say it was Romans 16:25 KJV), but now (then) is made manifest...(Romans 16:26 KJV) then it WAS not made manifest before that!

Paul wrote that his gospel was a mystery for had the princes of this world known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory (1 Corinthians 2:6-8 KJV). That's what the scripture saith. You make Paul a liar, but Paul spoke the truth in Christ (1 Timothy 2:7 KJV). You're a liar.

Comment

Virtually all Christians through the centuries see Acts 2 as the start of the Church
                          Pentecost was a Jewish holy day and had nothing to do with the church, the Body of Christ.

Comment

There is no other way to be saved after the cross than grace by faith in the person and work of Christ. MAD says Acts 2 does not teach this. You are wrong (read it slowly).
                            Where does Peter preach the good news that Christ died for our sins in Acts 2?

Show in Acts 2 where Peter preached salvation by grace through faith in the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ.|

SCRIPTURE PLEASE!

Comment

Together, they stood against false Judaizers/teachers (Acts 15), but MAD makes the false gospel a true gospel (circ vs uncirc)?!
                              Acts 15

4 And when they had come to Jerusalem, they were received by the church and the apostles and the elders; and they reported all things that God had done with them. 5 But some of the sect of the Pharisees who believed rose up, saying, “It is necessary to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.”

You have had this exact exchange with StP, myself and others many many times. And you wonder why Sozo rightly tells you to rot in hell.
                              Last edited by Nick M; August 25th, 2014, 11:41 AM.
                              Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

• I've had enough of godrulz for the night. I'm out.

Comment

Working...
                                X