Is MAD doctrine correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nick M View Post
    We will talk about Paul saying they will cease as soon as you show me what the Lord Jesus Christ taught and the 12, knowing the DBR was for the good of the world, was hidden, as clearly shown in Luke 18.

Then we will talk about the completed picture and those gifts ceasing. Paul had in part, his words. And when he had all of it what he had in part would cease. But we can go into more detail in different thread.

Luke 18

32 For He will be delivered to the Gentiles and will be mocked and insulted and spit upon. 33 They will scourge Him and kill Him. And the third day He will rise again.”

34 But they understood none of these things; this saying was hidden from them, and they did not know the things which were spoken.

Tell me what they preached, since they did not preach 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. As clearly shown in Luke 18.
    You are the one making fantastic claims...it's up to you to demonstrate why you're doctrine is right...not me. Tell us why the gifts ceased, and the church hierarchy was abandoned.

I'll answer your question anyway. I don't think they were preaching anything at that point. The seventy had returned with joy eight chapters earlier. From that point on Jesus was doing the teaching as far as I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paulos View Post
      That there is no prohibition against doing something is not a reason to do it.
      There was a precedent and since no prohibition came along they had no reason to not do it.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Guyver View Post
        You are the one making fantastic claims...it's up to you to demonstrate why you're doctrine is right...not me.
        I demonstrated word for word from the good news according to Luke. They did not preach 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. But they did preach.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Israel stood to be restored. They looked forward to it at the end of 70 weeks. Is this something you don't believe?

I will start a thread if there isn't one in the Dispensation forum on the gifts ending.
        Jesus saves completely. http://www.climatedepot.com/ http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Titus 1

For there are many insubordinate, both idle talkers and deceivers, especially those of the circumcision, whose mouths must be stopped

Ephesians 5

11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather expose them. 12 For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret

Comment

You just said that the gifts of the Spirit are gone, and that Ephesians chapter 4 is apparently defunct as well.

Why do you believe this?
          Added the matter of cessationism vs. non-cessationism to my running list.

AMR
          Embedded links in my posts or in my sig below are included for a reason. Tolle Lege.

Do you confess?
          Founder, Reformed Theology Institute
          AMR's Randomata Blog
          Learn Reformed Doctrine
          I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.
          Christian, catholic, Calvinist, confessional, Presbyterian (PCA).
          Lex orandi, lex credenda: everyone is a Calvinist on their knees.
          The best TOL Social Group: here.
          If your username appears in blue and you have over 500 posts:
          Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick M View Post
            I demonstrated word for word from the good news according to Luke. They did not preach 1 Corinthians 15:3-4. But they did preach.

5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. 7 And as you go, preach, saying, ‘The kingdom of heaven is at hand.’ 8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out demons.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Israel stood to be restored. They looked forward to it at the end of 70 weeks. Is this something you don't believe?
            So what Nick? Jesus hadn't died yet. Why would they preach something that hadn't happend? They preached the kingdom of heaven was at hand because it was - JESUS WAS THERE!

That's kind of a big deal.

I will start a thread if there isn't one in the Dispensation forum on the gifts ending.
            I'll go read it. I assume that you are starting it somewhere else because cessationism is not a MAD doctrine?

At least I hope not. We'll see.

Comment

• PS. yes I believe the millenial reign of Christ is in the future - right after the Great Tribulation Period.

Comment

• This to actually put some MAD doctrine out on the MAD doctrine thread.

http://graceambassadors.com/what-is-...right-division

Comment

• I didn't realize that so much of that link is in audio files. Sorry about that. If you're like me you prefer to read, rather than listen to a talking head.

Comment

• In any event, going through this site and trying to find the MAD doctrines without listening to an entire Sunday Sermon on audio file....here's the first one.

According to MAD doctrine....water baptism is not necessary for salvation. Well, that's true....the first Gentiles saved by hearing the gospel at Cornelius' house by the preaching of Peter were baptized in water after they were saved.

http://graceambassadors.com/tradition/what-is-baptism

Comment

• This link teaches that water baptism is something a believer should not do, according to MAD doctrine....they view it as a work of the law.

http://graceambassadors.com/traditio...water-baptized

So, I think it's safe to say that one doctrine of MAD is that water baptism is not for believers today.

Comment

• MAD adherents highly value the power of prayer and believe it to be an essential aspect of their faith.

I agree with this.

Comment

This link teaches that water baptism is something a believer should not do, according to MAD doctrine....they view it as a work of the law.

http://graceambassadors.com/traditio...water-baptized

So, I think it's safe to say that one doctrine of MAD is that water baptism is not for believers today.
                          This is a false view of Pauline, NT teaching.
                          Know God and make Him known! (YWAM)

They said: "Where is the God of Elijah?"
                          I say: "Where are the Elijahs of God?" (Ravenhill "Why Revival Tarries")

Rev. 1:17, 18; Jer. 9:23, 24

"No Compromise!" (Keith Green)

The Pledge: He died for me; I'll live for Him.

Comment

• Since it doesn't seem like anyone is really reading this stuff anyway....I'll stop now. Regards.

Comment

Since it doesn't seem like anyone is really reading this stuff anyway....I'll stop now. Regards.
                              I'm readin'! I'm readin'!
                              Jer 23:5 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD[YHVH], that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch, and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
                              Jer 23:6 In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he[the Branch] shall be called, THE LORD[YHVH] OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Comment

• Oh....sorry GR and Steko....didn't see your posts there. Maybe I'll post a couple more.

MAD people don't think that the church started at Pentecost, are not in favor of speaking in tongues and are very skeptical of Pentecostals in general.

I don't blame them though...having seen so many abuses in churches myself.

http://graceambassadors.com/midacts/...n-at-pentecost

Comment

Working...
                                X